Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, Hank said:

Now that Fornette has been in the system for a few weeks I hope he get a significantly bigger workload over Cook against Pittsburgh. He's a better blocker against the blitz, he has better hands out of the backfield and he's better between the tackles. 

Season 4 No GIF

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Eli Cash said:

Nice to see Belichick leave New England.  Terrible GM, but still an awesome coach.  No way Patriots are a significant threat anytime soon.

Great defensive coordinator.  Fairly mediocre head coach without Tom Brady.  

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 3

20 hours ago, Hank said:

Now that Fornette has been in the system for a few weeks I hope he get a significantly bigger workload over Cook against Pittsburgh. He's a better blocker against the blitz, he has better hands out of the backfield and he's better between the tackles. 

He’s also significantly less talented than Cook.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Watching prices on the secondary market and lower bowl between the 20’s was $350-400/ticket on Monday.  Today you can get there for $250/ticket plus tax. I’m expecting this trend to continue and to attend. 

If you have the stomach for it, you will probably be able to get tickets selling at a loss a couple hours before game time. #BillsMafia has a very good brand and national reputation. The reality is a bit more nuanced. There's no 10-year waiting list to get season tickets in Buffalo like there is in Pittsburgh. And the demand for wildcard round playoff games in Buffalo is pretty weak.

1 hour ago, Eli Cash said:

Nice to see Belichick leave New England.  Terrible GM, but still an awesome coach.  No way Patriots are a significant threat anytime soon.

I'll be mildly concerned if they hire Vrabel. He's a very good head coach. His teams are always prepared and play hard. I would not expect him to take New England back to its previous era of dominance (perhaps not unless another generational QB is drafted), but, even so, having him in the division would not be good news for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

If you have the stomach for it, you will probably be able to get tickets selling at a loss a couple hours before game time. #BillsMafia has a very good brand and national reputation. The reality is a bit more nuanced. There's no 10-year waiting list to get season tickets in Buffalo like there is in Pittsburgh. And the demand for wildcard round playoff games in Buffalo is pretty weak.

I'll be mildly concerned if they hire Vrabel. He's a very good head coach. His teams are always prepared and play hard. I would not expect him to take New England back to its previous era of dominance (perhaps not unless another generational QB is drafted), but, even so, having him in the division would not be good news for the Bills.

I think a dome probably would've been the right call for the new stadium, and definitely would've helped demand for December and January games.

Agree on Vrabel.  The Pats are probably going to hire him, and are probably going to be good if they do.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I think a dome probably would've been the right call for the new stadium, and definitely would've helped demand for December and January games.

Yep. All the talk about "yo, this is Buffalo, we're built for this sort of weather" is nonsense. At least insofar as this team is concerned. And probably insofar as the NFL is concerned generally. The winter weather talk made for a good Steve Tasker cigar-smoking hype video. But this is a passing league. The Bills are a passing team. We would have been better served by a climate-controlled facility. I just don't think the economics worked.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I still think that whole thing was very symbiotic. Brady left as a senior citizen to join a loaded team. Now Bill finally gets the chance to do the same. I wouldn’t put it past him to have the same outcome. 

And I hate both guys, so I hate even considering the possibility. 

44 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Agree on Vrabel.  The Pats are probably going to hire him, and are probably going to be good if they do.

That’s going to take some time though. They’re essentially replacing every level of their nfl operations. That’s a very difficult rebuild. Will the d-bags in that market be able to tolerate the time it will take and not turn on Vrabel right away? I do think he’s their guy, but if I’m him, I’m skeptical about taking that job. There are better options and he should be right near the top of the list of head coach options. 

14 minutes ago, shrader said:

I still think that whole thing was very symbiotic. Brady left as a senior citizen to join a loaded team. Now Bill finally gets the chance to do the same. I wouldn’t put it past him to have the same outcome. 

And I hate both guys, so I hate even considering the possibility. 

That’s going to take some time though. They’re essentially replacing every level of their nfl operations. That’s a very difficult rebuild. Will the d-bags in that market be able to tolerate the time it will take and not turn on Vrabel right away? I do think he’s their guy, but if I’m him, I’m skeptical about taking that job. There are better options and he should be right near the top of the list of head coach options. 

Vrabel does concern me.  However, that team is largely devoid of offensive talent.  And, the defense is good, but I think that can be attributed to Belichick.  I expect the Patriots will be a mess for a few years. Think that mess could have been avoided if Kraft/Belichick agreed to a truce where Bill coached and someone new signed free agents/drafted.

I need the Patriots to be bad for a good long while.  It’s finally fun to be a Bills fan in Boston.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Eli Cash said:

Vrabel does concern me.  However, that team is largely devoid of offensive talent.  And, the defense is good, but I think that can be attributed to Belichick.  I expect the Patriots will be a mess for a few years. Think that mess could have been avoided if Kraft/Belichick agreed to a truce where Bill coached and someone new signed free agents/drafted.

I need the Patriots to be bad for a good long while.  It’s finally fun to be a Bills fan in Boston.

It’s even more fun to be a Bills fan who is not in Boston. I’m pretty sure it’s added years to my life. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Below average coach without Brady, has a record that would get him fired after a couple years (and it did twice with 2 different teams) when he didn't have Brady.  You have seen Brady have just as much success with BB as he did in Tampa....Peyton Manning carried a few coaches to very good records and a lot of wins.  Tomlin has had winning seasons with basically junk at QB. But Bellichick?  Without Brady, as a head coach, he's pretty bad.  With Brady, Well, history shows us that almost any coach can take a HOF QB And win games.  I'm impressed with him as a D-coordinator, but not only do I think he's not a good head coach, I think he is and was pretty bad. Again, he did what he should have done with a HOF QB (the guy that without him won a SB 50% of the time with  different coach), and he showed very little ability to elevate a team without a HOF QB to accomplish much of anything.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Will the d-bags in that market be able to tolerate the time it will take and not turn on Vrabel right away?

This guy comes to mind...

Edited by Doohickie

59 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I don't think anyone will disagree, but he may be more effective on Frozen Tundra.

This. Cook is more talented, but for this game, against this defense, in this weather, I trust fornette more. 

14 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Yep. All the talk about "yo, this is Buffalo, we're built for this sort of weather" is nonsense. At least insofar as this team is concerned. And probably insofar as the NFL is concerned generally. The winter weather talk made for a good Steve Tasker cigar-smoking hype video. But this is a passing league. The Bills are a passing team. We would have been better served by a climate-controlled facility. I just don't think the economics worked.

While I would have preferred a domed facility downtown, the new stadium will still mitigate the weather concerns exponentially, especially the wind. Sure , it’ll be cold, wet, and snowy at times, but the weather won’t have nearly the same impact in the new stadium as it does currently. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Imperfect though they are, the Bills are among the league’s hottest teams at the moment. You have Josh coming off a 425 total yards game.

And now it appears likely that the weather will turn this game into a randomized toss up. Sorta sucks.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Imperfect though they are, the Bills are among the league’s hottest teams at the moment. You have Josh coming off a 425 total yards game.

And now it appears likely that the weather will turn this game into a randomized toss up. Sorta sucks.

Agree. I would have felt a lot more comfortable if the Bills could run their offence unhindered by the weather and TJ Watt out.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, JustOneParade said:

Agree. I would have felt a lot more comfortable if the Bills could run their offence unhindered by the weather and TJ Watt out.

Should be an easy game for the Bills on Sunday. The Steelers are hot garbage without TJ Watt

On 1/11/2024 at 5:48 AM, Scottysabres said:

I'll see ya there 👍 

Lost my mom June 6th to cancer. Taking my 75 yr old step dad, her husband of 30 yrs, to his first ever Bills game. He was the most well known teacher in Sweethome's district for decades and their high school football coach for 19 yrs before retiring.

He's stoked, I'm stoked 🤣 

Go Bills!!!

Just took my step dad on a surprise bills gear shopping spree to the BFLO store on transit......he's going to be Bills gear decked out.... 🤣 

Also, setup the entire tailgating experience. My daughter and her significant other are season ticket holders and have a spot out by kettles. So it's a full day of Bills mania, from 8am on.......he's so excited and I am to, for him. I know moms looking down laughing her ass off, he's like a kid again, and I know she approves 😀

20240112_101227.jpg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2