Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

49 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The obvious PI on Dawson Knox that wasn’t called on the play immediately before that, with the ref looking right at it, made that interception possible in the first place. 

That was Kincaid but who's counting?

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Haha - quite so.

In fairness, those conditions aren't good for anyone. But the home team should have at least some tolerance built up in their bones.

Also, as for that piece, I will confess: I like McDaniel. I've taken in a lot of Dolphins content on the tikky tokky. He's a nerd, a weirdo, and a goofball. But, from what I can tell, what you see is what you get. I also admire his story of recovery from alcoholism.

Me too.  He has a certain confidence that I think gives his team a swagger.  He's turned the Dolphins into a legit team after years in the desert, and he turned Tua into a major star.  I like him as a rival to McD and as part of the Bills-Miami rivalry.

OTOH, he was close to despondent in his post-game interview last night, which isn't good for Miami's morale going to KC.

17 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Me too.  He has a certain confidence that I think gives his team a swagger.  He's turned the Dolphins into a legit team after years in the desert, and he turned Tua into a major star.  I like him as a rival to McD and as part of the Bills-Miami rivalry.

OTOH, he was close to despondent in his post-game interview last night, which isn't good for Miami's morale going to KC.

Oy. Off the watch that now.

I am sure he'll bounce back. That should be a good (and interesting) game.

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Sherfield is roughly his equal in that area.

No way. On Shakir's 46 yard catch and run, Gabe took out both his defender and Shakir's in a single block. And that's not the first time this year he's done that.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

No way. On Shakir's 46 yard catch and run, Gabe took out both his defender and Shakir's in a single block. And that's not the first time this year he's done that.

That block was amazing. I was saying “what’s block” over and over as Shakir sprinted downfield. 

21 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Bro - I said roughly equivalent. Lol.

I will defer to you, as I was going off of big picture statements that coaches made about the team at some point in late training camp or early in the season. I have no sense from watching them block to say that they're comparable. (Who watches WRs block? I do not.)

And it's interesting to contemplate Gabe being an elite blocker at WR. There were a couple run plays where James Cook got blown the F up by some DB-sized Dolphin. At least one of them was late in the game. Was there a connection with Gabe being out of the lineup by then? Idk.

Edited by That Aud Smell

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

That was one of two calls there were real head-scratchers.  Thee other was the helmet-to-helmet hit right before the half.   How was that not a penalty?  All it did was knock out our player for the game and maybe the season. 

It wasn’t a penalty because NFL refs are gutless cretins. 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

And it's interesting to contemplate Gabe being an elite blocker at WR.

Gabe is a very good blocker, I believe that is in large part why he's still on the team. It's not a skill most fans appreciate, or notice, from a WR, hence the constant shitting on him we see around here. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Hank said:

Gabe is a very good blocker, I believe that is in large part why he's still on the team. It's not a skill most fans appreciate, or notice, from a WR, hence the constant shitting on him we see around here. 

He costs little and is a UFA in a month. 

Sherfield is a good blocker, in addition. We'll have a new WR next year. Hardly worried. Depth. 

43 minutes ago, Hank said:

I think that, even if people were more aware of how good his blocking is, his inability to create separation, his lack of high pointing and catch radius aptitudes, his penchant for not being on the same page as his QB in critical moments, and his higher than average (?) drop rate would still precipitate some pooping.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I think that, even if people were more aware of how good his blocking is, his inability to create separation, his lack of high pointing and catch radius aptitudes, his penchant for not being on the same page as his QB in critical moments, and his higher than average (?) drop rate would still precipitate some pooping.

Fair points, all of which I agree with. Would you agree that both our posts could be true and do not contradict each other?

• Like (+1) 2

WNY is currently experiencing high winds. Really affected the southern tier overnight and some power outages/downed trees were reported around the stadium and south. The weekend forecast sounds like a repeat performance. Could be some lake effect snow but high winds sounds like a lock. 

The Bills had a weather event vs. the Bengals last January and played poorly. Yes, I get the Hamlin situation and emotions. Yet the Bills seem to flounder badly in adverse weather events. Throwing the ball will be difficult. 

Pittsburgh will pound the ball on the ground with Rudolph at QB. It won them a bad weather game this past weekend. Their coaches probably feel the bad weather favors them and are far more confident. D may need more beef in the front 7. 

Bills will need to find their running game. Is this why they got Leonard Fournette ? Might be a wise decision to give him snaps, since he's the one guy that can plow through traffic. He also has good hands for short throws. Murray keeps dropping the ball. How to use Cook ?  2 back system ?  I also see Allen laying out on running plays...like it or not. Brady has to call a smart game. 

Go Bills but this game is going to be very tough to win with the weather issue. May nullify a passing option. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

NWS currently predicts winds sustained at 24 mph with gusts at 40 mph at the time of kickoff. Winds are essentially forecast to hold steady during the game (diminishing very, very slightly (22/38 by 4:00 pm)).

Forecast is still TBD on potential lake effect event. It's possible that there could be significant snowfall during the game.

Even without snow, it's going to be a weather game.

Now that Fornette has been in the system for a few weeks I hope he get a significantly bigger workload over Cook against Pittsburgh. He's a better blocker against the blitz, he has better hands out of the backfield and he's better between the tackles. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1