Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, Marvin said:

The Eagles are now 5-0 with Sean Hoculi's crew officiating since their new management came in.

Two missed FG.

A missed horse collar and an bogus intentional grounding on the same part of a play.

Wasting a time out "icing" a kicker.  Most kickers say that it helps make the kick set-up and timing feel like practice.

Not trying anything with 20 seconds left.

3 steps is not a reception.

The only thing a prevent defence does is prevent you from winning.

There are so many reasons for this loss that it makes me wonder how good the team would be with better situational coaching in general or another officiating crew today in particular.

Meh. The Bills beat themselves tonight.

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Sean McDermott won't win anything. He's a scared conservative minded coach who doesn't have the mind or instinct to win. He plays not to lose and loses constantly. 

I do think there is some merit here in general, but I'm not sure he caused the loss today.  I just don't think he has the horses on defense right now to compete.  The defense is without top starter Jones, White and Milano and played without DB's Jackson and Rapp tonight.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

By the way folks, Allen, Diggs, and Miller will cost the Bills nearly $100 million next year  (40% of the current cap) without some restructuring. 

The window is closed. This team is regressing and there is no money to fix anything. I feel bad for Josh and Diggs. Those guys are dawgs. 

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Sean McDermott won't win anything. He's a scared conservative minded coach who doesn't have the mind or instinct to win. He plays not to lose too quickly and loses constantly. 

Fixed.  He tries not to be beat on one play, but gives up big chunks over and over.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I do think there is some merit here in general, but I'm not sure he caused the loss today.  I just don't think he has the horses on defense right now to compete.  The defense is without top starter Jones, White and Milano and played without DB's Jackson and Rapp tonight.  

McDermott is Mark Richt. Buffalo needs Kirby Smart 

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

The window is closed. This team is regressing and there is no money to fix anything. I feel bad for Josh and Diggs. Those guys are dawgs. 

Despite my post, I don't think the window is close to closing and that is where the youth comes in.  The Bills will need to restructure some contracts, draft well this coming off-season and find a way to stay healthy, but this team will be very competitive next season.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

McDermott is Mark Richt. Buffalo needs Kirby Smart 

You know I'm not going to argue with that.  I like what Joe Brady has done so far and I do agree I'd like to see more of a killer instinct from MCD.  However, this loss isn't on MCD.  Truthfully most of the early season losses were on Allen's turnover and Ken Dorsey.  With a healthy defense this team has at least 3 more wins including today.

9 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

You know I'm not going to argue with that.  I like what Joe Brady has done so far and I do agree I'd like to see more of a killer instinct from MCD.  However, this loss isn't on MCD.  Truthfully most of the early season losses were on Allen's turnover and Ken Dorsey.  With a healthy defense this team has at least 3 more wins including today.

Yea... he's mark richt. He's never winning a superbowl as a hc.

16 minutes ago, carpandean said:

Fixed.  He tries not to be beat on one play, but gives up big chunks over and over.

That's my definition of playing not to lose. He's so worried about giving up the big play, that he exposes his defense to giving up small high percentage plays. 

If they're going to beat you, make them beat you.

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

A change needs to happen before Allen asks out. 

I’m afraid they are past that point with Diggs already. 

Nate Burleson  tweeted how they can spread His 31 million dead cap hit over two seasons with a post 6/1 trade. 

8 million in 2024 and 23 million in 2025 with the cap going up.

For the record I would absolutely hate them moving on from Diggs. 

53 minutes ago, Marvin said:

The Eagles are now 5-0 with Sean Hoculi's crew officiating since their new management came in.

Two missed FG.

A missed horse collar and an bogus intentional grounding on the same part of a play.

Wasting a time out "icing" a kicker.  Most kickers say that it helps make the kick set-up and timing feel like practice.

Not trying anything with 20 seconds left.

3 steps is not a reception.

The only thing a prevent defence does is prevent you from winning.

There are so many reasons for this loss that it makes me wonder how good the team would be with better situational coaching in general or another officiating crew today in particular.

This and so much more.  

I just heard something on as Schoop and Bulldog.  Bill are first team in NFL history to get 500+ yards, win the turnover differential, and still lose.  

Another memorable gut wrenching loss. 

Coach getting a lot of flak, and he should.   The players are also not making enough plays. 

Edited by Pimlach

The Bills are not moving on from Diggs.  They have to much invested in him and the cap hit, unless restructured, is way to much.  They also don't have anyone close to him on the roster as a replacement.  Given the other critical needs facing this team, I also doubt they draft a WR in the 1st rd.  

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

This and so much more.  

I just heard something on as Schoop and Bulldog.  Bill are first team in NFL history to get 500+ yards, win the turnover differential, and still lose.  

Another memorable gut wrenching loss. 

Coach getting a lot of flak, and he should.   The players are also not making enough plays. 

We have the outlier in the odds of how many of these games we lose.  Josh is 0-6 in OT.  How is that possible? 

36 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Probably not.  I agree with your overall sentiment/assessment, he must go.  His time in Buffalo is eerily similar to Tony Dungy in Tampa who developed a team that was 7-9 under Wyche in ‘95 and built them up to 11-5  in ‘99 but showed regression in 2001.  A new voice in the room lifted them to Super Bowl champions one year later after going 9-7 the year prior (Dungys last).   Tony eventually wins one, but the circumstances are different in Indy.  What is the stat about QB/Coach combinations?  If they don’t win one by their 4th year together, they never will.  The air is stale.  Josh is the only “beast” in Buffalo sports, and his window isn’t even close to closing. They need to do something  different at Head Coach.  My only concern is the dynamic of GM/HC in the org.  These two are super tight.  

Edited by Broken Ankles

9 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The Bills are not moving on from Diggs.  They have to much invested in him and the cap hit, unless restructured, is way to much.  They also don't have anyone close to him on the roster as a replacement.  Given the other critical needs facing this team, I also doubt they draft a WR in the 1st rd.  

It’s not them moving on from Diggs, it would be Diggs moving on from them. 

He turns 30 in 3 days and I think He realizes He is not winning a Super Bowl with McDermott in charge. 

Maybe a change in HC prevents that, but there has been way to much chatter about Him being unhappy with certain aspects of the team cough Mc Dermott cough 

I would not hesitate to move on from McDermott for one second if that’s what is needed to keep Allen and Diggs happy

And they need another WR, going that direction In the first round would be a good move 

Regardless of WRs, McDermott needs to be gone.  I've never seen a worse end-of-game manager.  It's so bad because it's so predictable.  When the Bills scored to go ahead late, none of the people at our table at the Bills Backers bar was particularly excited.  We knew what was coming.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

There are also some real positives from this season.  Rouseau, Benard, Benford, Kincaid, Shakir, Cook, and Torrence have all really stepped up this season

And #91 Oliver.