Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Having Joe Burrow, Jamar Chase and Justin Jefferson on the same team along with a couple dozen NFL players probably made his job a little easier.  Those are 3 of the top 10 players in the league. 

Maybe. Josh’s hair kinda sucks now too, maybe that’s to blame. 

Sure but you are acting like Allen, Diggs, and Kincaid can't also accomplish things. If the Bills miss the playoffs and finish in the top 15, they need to add a shiny new receiver and they need to nail that pick. Keon Coleman, Emeka Egbuka, Rome Odunze, Malik Nabers are all possible options around 15 depending on how the draft falls. 

47 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Oh yea? Didn't know that you followed Allen around and logged all the things he was doing, not just the stuff he posted on social media. 

Ken Dorsey ran a vanilla, easy to read, pathetic offense under the direction of McDermott. It is why when they did hurry up and Josh got to call plays it looks so much better. Dorsey was bad and McDermott is limiting. You don't put a limiter on your Ferrari just because sometimes it gets a little lose in the corners at top speed. 

Glad to see we have reached the "blame the best players" in the cycle of why the Bills aren't as good even though the answer is blindingly obvious. The problem is McDermott. 

He’s almost left T-Pegs no choice if things don’t dramatically improve the remainder of the season.  It’s Sean or Josh now.  Who you picking?  😎

38 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Sure but you are acting like Allen, Diggs, and Kincaid can't also accomplish things. If the Bills miss the playoffs and finish in the top 15, they need to add a shiny new receiver and they need to nail that pick. Keon Coleman, Emeka Egbuka, Rome Odunze, Malik Nabers are all possible options around 15 depending on how the draft falls. 

They CAN do it. There ability to succeed probably will determine McD’s future. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Oh yea? Didn't know that you followed Allen around and logged all the things he was doing, not just the stuff he posted on social media. 

Ken Dorsey ran a vanilla, easy to read, pathetic offense under the direction of McDermott. It is why when they did hurry up and Josh got to call plays it looks so much better. Dorsey was bad and McDermott is limiting. You don't put a limiter on your Ferrari just because sometimes it gets a little lose in the corners at top speed. 

Glad to see we have reached the "blame the best players" in the cycle of why the Bills aren't as good even though the answer is blindingly obvious. The problem is McDermott. 

Common knowledge - Jordon Palmer is/was his off season QB coach and it is known that Josh has spent less time with him, especially this past off-season.  Josh himself has said that Joe Burrow outworks all of them in the training sessions with Palmer, and Burrow is the most intense guy he has worked with.   Because you did not know this does not mean that others that do know it are wrong, as your sarcasm implies.  

Dorsey was Josh's choice to replace Daboll.  He likes him.  You can argue that Dorsey did not hold Josh accountable in the way that Daboll did - that is the scuttle butt anyway.  The numbers say Josh was much better under Daboll - maybe it was because the entire offense was better?  Mostly one depends  the other?  Next OC selection, perhaps they should not let the players pick their coaches?  

McD is proving to be a below average game day coach - his use of timeouts, his game day adjustments, his decisions on challenges, his decisions on punt or go, the 13 seconds debacle, etc.  McD is building a resume of questionable game day decisions that require second guessing.  

I do not blame McD for wanting a running game.  Anything you do for too long in the NFL gets figured out.  There is no crime is having a running game to augment a passing game, especially when you play in poor weather.  

I am not "blaming the best players", not even blaming any one thing,  but when you look at the play calling versus the execution there is so much poor execution by the offense, including Allen, to say it is all bad play calling.   It is on both.   The Bills offense is stale.  Teams know this offense and they know how to slow down Allen.   Missed throws, missed blocks, dropped passes, bad turnovers, missed reads, careless penalties - they happen every week at high frequency.  A change was needed - that is why Dorsey is gone.  But keep in mind that Allen just threw the exact same interception, into the exact same coverage, two weeks in a row.  When was the last time Allen hit a deep ball?  Some of the problem is the players, and some of it is the "best players".

Hopefully replacing Dorsey wakes up the players and improves things.  The interim OC will be running the same system, you can't change the system during the season.  

• dislike 1

59 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Guess we can stick a fork in the Bengals now.

But the Bills will Bills themselves into it not mattering either somehow having more losses than the Bengals or screw it up another way.  My quiet confidence in this team is shot.  I kinda always felt they were winning in spite of McDermott (13 seconds, etc) but this season all but confirms it.  

I don’t see any path forward with this dolt as their coach.  He might and and mean might be a good defensive mind but he lacks in every other area of coaching.  When they are eliminated, put Josh on IR.  

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Common knowledge - Jordon Palmer is/was his off season QB coach and it is known that Josh has spent less time with him, especially this past off-season.  Josh himself has said that Joe Burrow outworks all of them in the training sessions with Palmer, and Burrow is the most intense guy he has worked with.   Because you did not know this does not mean that others that do know it are wrong, as your sarcasm implies.  

Dorsey was Josh's choice to replace Daboll.  He likes him.  You can argue that Dorsey did not hold Josh accountable in the way that Daboll did - that is the scuttle butt anyway.  The numbers say Josh was much better under Daboll - maybe it was because the entire offense was better?  Mostly one depends  the other?  Next OC selection, perhaps they should not let the players pick their coaches?  

McD is proving to be a below average game day coach - his use of timeouts, his game day adjustments, his decisions on challenges, his decisions on punt or go, the 13 seconds debacle, etc.  McD is building a resume of questionable game day decisions that require second guessing.  

I do not blame McD for wanting a running game.  Anything you do for too long in the NFL gets figured out.  There is no crime is having a running game to augment a passing game, especially when you play in poor weather.  

I am not "blaming the best players", not even blaming any one thing,  but when you look at the play calling versus the execution there is so much poor execution by the offense, including Allen, to say it is all bad play calling.   It is on both.   The Bills offense is stale.  Teams know this offense and they know how to slow down Allen.   Missed throws, missed blocks, dropped passes, bad turnovers, missed reads, careless penalties - they happen every week at high frequency.  A change was needed - that is why Dorsey is gone.  But keep in mind that Allen just threw the exact same interception, into the exact same coverage, two weeks in a row.  When was the last time Allen hit a deep ball?  Some of the problem is the players, and some of it is the "best players".

Hopefully replacing Dorsey wakes up the players and improves things.  The interim OC will be running the same system, you can't change the system during the season.  

We don't agree. 

13 minutes ago, inkman said:

But the Bills will Bills themselves into it not mattering either somehow having more losses than the Bengals or screw it up another way.  My quiet confidence in this team is shot.  I kinda always felt they were winning in spite of McDermott (13 seconds, etc) but this season all but confirms it.  

I don’t see any path forward with this dolt as their coach.  He might and and mean might be a good defensive mind but he lacks in every other area of coaching.  When they are eliminated, put Josh on IR.  

Then you will be that much more impressed when the Bills go on a seven game heater, win the division, and enter the playoffs as the team nobody wants to play. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Then you will be that much more impressed when the Bills go on a seven game heater, win the division, and enter the playoffs as the team nobody wants to play. 

This game against the Jets is so huge.  If they actually can put a hurting on them, and the Jets D is designed to make like hard on mobile QB's and they know the Bills O very well so always expect a close game regardless of how good or bad either team is, then they really could force their way into the post season even though the D has been decimated.

If they screw this game up this weekend, put a fork in them.

7 hours ago, inkman said:

Having Joe Burrow, Jamar Chase and Justin Jefferson on the same team along with a couple dozen NFL players probably made his job a little easier.  Those are 3 of the top 10 players in the league. 

Maybe. Josh’s hair kinda sucks now too, maybe that’s to blame. 

I was just talking with my fiance about how bad his hair is looking. Maybe next season we’ll truly see a long haired Josh that’s successful but right now grow your hair out Josh can’t get it done.   

This is really a playoff game today.  If the Bills lose, they’ll be out.  To be honest, I think they are already out, but as I sit on a cruise in the Bahamas, I can’t but hope Buffalo wins today and finds a way into the playoffs.  Because no one circles the wagons… Let’s go Buffalo!!!  It’s happening today!!!