Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

6 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I think they will also beat the Chargers, Eagles and Cowboys.  Then turn around and lose to the Jets and Patriots.

I think this team is about to come apart at the seems. James Cook wouldn't even talk to reporters yesterday. 

46 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

McDermott praising the D was a self indulgent moment IMHO. They let Denver march down the field at the end.

Very self indulgent.  He calls an all out blitz on 3rd and 10, when they are 57 yards away from a FG attempt into heavy winds.   We just need to hold them to 5-6 yards and they would have been forced to kick an unlikely FG on 4th.  McD calls the same blitz he called on the play before.  This time Wilson gets it away, it is underthrown and not catchable.   Of course Johnson is beat deep with no safety help since they are all in the backfield.  He does not turn to see the ball is underthrown and he runs into the WR who was coming back for the ball.  Easy PI.  

On the FG attempt he calls a timeout (of course) and still, no one counts the players on the field - McD said they practiced the change from dime defense to FG blocking team.  What a clown to admit that, then call a timeout, and then not see an extra player.  High School teams have a  special teams player count the players on the field for crying out loud.  

McD proves every week that he cannot call the defense and run the sideline.  We did not do well with game management even when Frazier was calling the D.  

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Very self indulgent.  He calls an all out blitz on 3rd and 10, when they are 57 yards away from a FG attempt into heavy winds.   We just need to hold them to 5-6 yards and they would have been forced to kick an unlikely FG on 4th.  McD calls the same blitz he called on the play before.  This time Wilson gets it away, it is underthrown and not catchable.   Of course Johnson is beat deep with no safety help since they are all in the backfield.  He does not turn to see the ball is underthrown and he runs into the WR who was coming back for the ball.  Easy PI.  

On the FG attempt he calls a timeout (of course) and still, no one counts the players on the field - McD said they practiced the change from dime defense to FG blocking team.  What a clown to admit that, then call a timeout, and then not see an extra player.  High School teams have a  special teams player count the players on the field for crying out loud.  

McD proves every week that he cannot call the defense and run the sideline.  We did not do well with game management even when Frazier was calling the D.  

No, he didn't call a time out on the FG attempt.  He called his last timeout after the 2nd down.  But, they SHOULD'VE anticipated the kneeldown on 3rd and everybody that was coming off the field after 3rd should've known they were coming off and everybody that was supposed to go on should've known that as well.  Absolutely inexcusable.

Edited by Taro T

Has anyone posted the Orlovsky tweet/video where he picks apart Dorsey's call on that 4th down where Allen jus sort of floated the ball to no one? I can't find it at the moment, but Orlovsky just savages the Bills for anemic, unimaginative, blockheaded play calling at an absolutely crucial juncture. I mean, he doesn't just rip them -- he explains in some detail why it was such a brutal play call.

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Has anyone posted the Orlovsky tweet/video where he picks apart Dorsey's call on that 4th down where Allen jus sort of floated the ball to no one? I can't find it at the moment, but Orlovsky just savages the Bills for anemic, unimaginative, blockheaded play calling at an absolutely crucial juncture. I mean, he doesn't just rip them -- he explains in some detail why it was such a brutal play call.

This one?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

you guys wont  win another game 

Finally might get some luck on our side without you torpedoing us every chance 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Out of curiosity, why don’t you want McDermott fired.  He’s been at the helm for some of the biggest coaching gaffs in professional sports the last 3 years. 

He’s come off very Weasley and petty 

All he’s missing is the red hair and hand-me-down robes. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Were the winds "heavy"?  We checked Buffalo weather during the game and they were 11 mph at the airport.  I would think 20+ might be considered heavy...

Rich stadium winds are not the same as Buffalo weather at the airport.    Winds swirl in that stadium.  Sometimes the crosswind in one end zone is opposite of the other end zone.  Their last FG was into the tougher end zone, he kicked into strong winds according to Troy Aikman.  He missed that FG (but got a re-do), he also missed a PAT that night.  , 

We should not have blitzed all those guys for two plays in a row.  Second play you show blitz and then drop into coverage and protect the first down marker.  Force the long kick or a turnover.    

Marv Levy knew how to play football in that Stadium.  He didn't defer on every coin toss win.  He looked at the weather, and the weather changes in the second half.  He looked at his team practice during the week and the matchup.  He usually tried to get the first score.   

Yesterday McD finally took the ball first - so I expected a crisp script of plays that they were confident in.  Get the lead and eventually force Denver to be one dimensional.  It didn't work.  Cook fumbled on the first play so he sat him for 16 straight offensive plays and we fell behind 9-0.  Nice.  Cook came back in and had 130 yards touching the ball 14 times.  Give him Twenty touches and we probably score another TD and keep our defense off the field.   Right now Cook has McD in his head - not good.  

There is something wrong with the temperament of the team.  They are not the same as they were.  They do not have fun.  The pressure and expectations seem to be too great.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

I saw it. They scheme 3 guys into the same area of the field. The only other options are a flat to cook and a go over the top that's well covered. 

39 minutes ago, MISabresFan said:

I had a dream.  Bill Belichick is fired.  Buffalo signed him and lets him run the football operations.

no man GIF

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Is there an overview of the team's salary cap situation(s) somewhere? I'm not going to dig into it myself.

But if memory serves, there's no moving on from Diggs or Miller for a while - at least through next season (2024-2025).

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

Now is not the time to chastise the GM but next year will be challenging as Allen, Diggs and Millers cap figures escalate.  Not quite Cap Hell, but maybe Purgatory. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

according to Troy Aikman

Sorry, I just can't listen to anything that guy says.

56 minutes ago, MISabresFan said:

I had a dream.  Bill Belichick is fired.  Buffalo signed him and lets him run the football operations.

Oh at this point I would totally turn Josh Allen over to him.  I think Belichick would jump at it too.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

Now is not the time to chastise the GM but next year will be challenging as Allen, Diggs and Millers cap figures escalate.  Not quite Cap Hell, but maybe Purgatory. 

Thanks. I'm not even sure what I'm looking at when I see that site. I need someone to break it down in paragraph format for me.

I generally think of "Cap Hell" as being saddled with Dead Money?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1