Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

8 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

What does that have to do with our terrible coaching and effort? 

The refs spotted the pats 14 points and the bills still almost won. The best was when they were actually showing a replay of the penalty as the refs were saying they were picking up flag. It’s a joke.

Oh, and Knox sucks.

• Like (+1) 1

The game was horribly officiated, much to the benefit of NE.  

Still, the Bills offense was "not prepared" for the 3rd week in a row.  They did not score a TD in the first half.  They cannot execute consistently.  They clearly are making Allen stop running and trying to get more people involved but it seems the offense has a lot of mediocre talent after Diggs.  There are no playmakers besides Allen/Diggs.   Knox with another big drop, Davis invisible again, the OL was terrible in pass blocking.  Something is wrong.  

Defensively, we were absolutely terrible on the first drive and on the last drive.  In between they were simply  inconsistent against a team that averaged about 12 points per game.   Make no mistake, NE has  terrible offense and a terrible QB, but not today.  At least we can say "no Tre, no Milano, no Oliver, no Jones" but still, we have enough horses to beat this team that was literally circling the drain up until today.   

MCDermott and Dorsey have to be better.

They have a tough game on Thursday with a short week.   Thankful that Tampa will not have too much time to prepare, Bellicheck revealed a lot of warts today.  

This loss puts us two behind Miami, and that is 3 straight really lousy games,  and we are looking more like a Wild Card with each passing week.  

• Like (+1) 3

A shame.

I guess blowing the 13 second game was their peak. Allen was WAY off again and that's 3 weeks in a row they didn't even show up in the 1st half. Looks bleak. Another Thursday game and if they blow that, the draft talk and off-season FA speculation will commence. Schedule is very difficult the rest of the year and they seem to have lost their will. Dorsey calls a bad game quite often.

I'll be able to focus on the Sabres and Bandits a lot more. So be it. We're just fans getting gut punched. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Night Train said:

A shame.

I guess blowing the 13 second game was their peak. Allen was WAY off again and that's 3 weeks in a row they didn't even show up in the 1st half. Looks bleak. Another Thursday game and if they blow that, the draft talk and off-season FA speculation will commence. Schedule is very difficult the rest of the year and they seem to have lost their will. Dorsey calls a bad game quite often.

I'll be able to focus on the Sabres and Bandits a lot more. So be it. We're just fans getting gut punched. 

Super sad.  Just brutal.  I really had hopes this was the team to finally do it.  Same old same old.  

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Night Train said:

A shame.

26 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Super sad.  Just brutal.  I really had hopes this was the team to finally do it.  Same old same old.  

I think Allen is hurt again.  Today he was never comfortable because the OL pass protection was poor, and he got out of the pocket a lot.   The have cut back his running, he is running at 1/3rd the rate of last season at this point.  

After Diggs, there is Davis and Knox - and they have been disappointing and unreliable.  After that is Kincaid, Sherfield, Shakir, and Harty.  Kincaid has good potential, the others can contribute but they play at the journeyman level.  

The defense is what surprised me.   This was a very bad Pats* offense going into the game, averaging only 12 point per game.   Even with all the injuries (Tre, Milano, Jones, Oliver) we should have been better.  

The last 3 games were like pretty much every game during the 18 years or however long it was before McD got here -- an unpleasant experience that was worse than about a million other things that could've been done on a beautiful fall day.

The team has been acting like it got punched in the stomach since losing Tre, Milano and Daquan.  They need to GTF over it or the season will be over in the next few weeks.

Dorsey is the most likely scapegoat but I don't really think he's to blame.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

The last 3 games were like pretty much every game during the 18 years or however long it was before McD got here -- an unpleasant experience that was worse than about a million other things that could've been done on a beautiful fall day.

The team has been acting like it got punched in the stomach since losing Tre, Milano and Daquan.  They need to GTF over it or the season will be over in the next few weeks.

Dorsey is the most likely scapegoat but I don't really think he's to blame.

2 division losses, Miami with a high powered offense, Kansas City is still the king of the AFC, Jacksonville playing extremely strong to date.

While mathematically not eliminated, the Bills will most likely not make the playoffs this season. And if they do, they won't be playing at home. I don't see them going anywhere this year.

The question I'm interested in is where do they go from here? Coaching, is it the issue? Are the players execution abilities the sole reason for their inconsistency, or is it coaching?

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

2 division losses, Miami with a high powered offense, Kansas City is still the king of the AFC, Jacksonville playing extremely strong to date.

While mathematically not eliminated, the Bills will most likely not make the playoffs this season. And if they do, they won't be playing at home. I don't see them going anywhere this year.

The question I'm interested in is where do they go from here? Coaching, is it the issue? Are the players execution abilities the sole reason for their inconsistency, or is it coaching?

No. Josh is too big a star for the NFL to not have him in the playoffs. This is all just setting the stage for WrestleMania at the end of December.

15 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Man, the drought really did a number on you. This is an absurd statement.

Why?  They have 10 games to go, their schedule in the last 10 is much harder than the 1st 7, they've suffered huge losses to injury and they look terrible.

You might think the Bills are still likely to make the playoffs, but it's far from absurd to think they won't.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Why?  They have 10 games to go, their schedule in the last 10 is much harder than the 1st 7, they've suffered huge losses to injury and they look terrible.

You might think the Bills are still likely to make the playoffs, but it's far from absurd to think they won't.

I think it’s more believable they don’t make than do based on injuries and strength of schedule. 

With the injuries on the defensive side of the ball, there’s legitimate reason to wonder if this is a playoff team.  But I believe they are.  The Bills will be favored to win each of their remaining home games and if the script follows, that’s nine wins. 

Cinci looks vulnerable, Phili is underwhelming so far despite their record, the Bills have won in KC the last two years, the Chargers aren’t good, and the Bills have been great against Miami in the McD era. Find a road win or two and let’s gooooo in January.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

10 games left, which is a ton of time to figure things out. 14 teams make the playoffs, nearly half the league.  To make the statement that the Bills are most likely not to make the playoffs is saying that they are a below average team.  Can it happen?  Sure.  Is it likely? I call that an absurd notion.