Vlad Tarasenko traded to the NY Rangers

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

You’re so quick with this stuff. 

@Brawndo lives three minutes in the future.

6 minutes ago, French Collection said:

This guy has been on the block for a few years.

St Louis confirming they are a seller if this is the case.

I would have liked to see him on the Sabres at one point but the team has moved on and he's gotten older.

• Haha (+1) 2

He's not what he used to be, but still a good player that can help the Rangers. I don't know if it 'puts them over the top', but you never know.

St. Louis has to do this....They are an average-to-below average team right now.  Kyrou is really the only foward they have that borders on being a 'star' but he isn't good enough to carry the team. Thomas is good, but VERY much overpaid ($1m per year more than Tage and Cousins?)  Their back end is aging, average at best, with no young guy on the way up to fill any top 4 role in the immediate future.

They have very little youth on their team that has a chance to be great, and their goaltending situation may be worse than the Sabres.  

They haven't had a single top 15 draft pick in over a decade to develop.

A rebuild at this point might not be enough, they should be looking at a teardown/tank job, their roster needs it.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

Does he sign a new contract in NY? If so, how is that going to possibly work with their cap situation?

I'd like to buy one slightly used RFA, K'Andre Miller, thanks.

I’d be surprised.  Tarasenko has been hurt more often than not for multiple seasons now. I wonder if he can even survive the remainder of the regular season and playoffs.  

Disclaimer…he was fairly healthy last season. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.