GDT: Penguins @ Sabres, Friday, 12/9/22, 7pm MSG

steveoath

Let’s not lose sight of the fact that we outplayed them for most of the game. We did not score when we should have. 

ONCE AGAIN, the other teams goalie is better in a close scoring game. 

NO GOALIE = NO progress in the standings. 

Are we a better team this year? Yes

Are we exciting to watch? Yes

Are we moving up in the standings? NO

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

It’s better than never arriving at all.  Seriously, I think Jost gave them a boost.  They were much more physical and were driving the middle.  Excellent passing by Casey on the first 2 goals.  

Excellent? On the second goal he barely gets it to Jost who fires the pass to Olofsson. Am I not remembering that right?

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

It was a good game. We got a point. I know we're chasing them, but it's still better than nothing.

I appreciate your finer point, but I can’t say any game is good when we just give it away like that. Flat out gifted them the win. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

His arm got slashed after the whistle had blown. I don’t blame him at all. Skinner was stupid plain and simple 

I don’t understand how what happened to Anderson had anything to do with Skinner and Genzel.  

Their scrum was not even close to Anderson.  They were going at it for another reason not seen by the ref apparently.  

The veteran team kept is close when they were getting outplayed.  Then they won the 3rd and stole the game. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

No I'm pissed at Cozens. He walked in 3 times in the pp only to pass it off. Shoot, Tage is drawing coverage just by standing across from you. Use that space and stop the cutesy drop pass bs.

That seems to be what they have been trained to do. Every single pp starts with that dumb drop pass

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.