GDT: Penguins @ Sabres, Friday, 12/9/22, 7pm MSG

steveoath

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

Casey's best game in a long time!  I hope he proves me wrong.

How many times do we say that about him each year? If he gets hot for a week, great and good for us. But I’d have to see a 6 game stretch like that before I’d be even close to convinced he’s turned the corner. 

That said, he atoned nicely for the bonehead penalty with a couple beautiful plays. I’m sincerely happy for him and VO. Nobody needed it more.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

How many times do we say that about him each year? If he gets hot for a week, great and good for us. But I’d have to see a 6 game stretch like that before I’d be even close to convinced he’s turned the corner. 

That said, he atoned nicely for the bonehead penalty with a couple beautiful plays. I’m sincerely happy for him and VO. Nobody needed it more.

Was a bad call …. Preferential to Ice Chickens. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Looks like DG has Victor right where he belongs… Bet he feels left out of all the scoring hoopla of the top lines… Gets him motivated to play hard to score

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

Good for Mitts. I’m still optimistic he can be a 3rd line winger long term 

Still room, if anyone wants to join me on keep Mitts around wagon 

No. He needs to be traded now. I don't care what they get for him. The long-term experiment is over.

I almost never post but lurk a lot.  It’s hard for me to trust that this team is turning a corner, they have broken that trust so many times over the last many years. But they look so good recently.  Jost is a treasure so far, I love what he brings. And Mitts actually is contributing tonight!  I didn’t hate the penalty he took and he’s been INVOLVED.  May be a mirage but I will take it tonight. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.