🏒 Buffalo @ Columbus, 7 December 2022 7:30 PM ET, TNT TV, WGR Radio

Doohickie

2 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

He’s 23.  How many times do people have to be burnt writing off prospects before they develop? 

🤦🏼‍♂️

He's earned nothing since his junior days way back when.

Since joining the AHL, he's shown zero progress.

He should have been given the #4 job this year, and let him earn his way up.

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Just because he hired the worst coach ever doesn’t mean he didn’t do other things well.  

I still don't think JBOT did other things well either.  He meandered around with no plan.  With no direction home.  A complete unknown.
Like a rolling stone. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Skinner’s contract not looking so bad anymore.

Skinner has also demonstrated that he does have an all-around game beyond shooting. He can pass and play a responsible defensive game. Thankfully, the Sabres have a coach who knows how to get value out of his players. As you point out Skinner is playing up to the value of his contract. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

And just because you dislike Adams doesn't mean he hasn't done some things well. 

I don’t dislike Adams. As I’ve said 1000 times, I’m fully on board with the plan in general, I just want him to be more aggressive in fixing obvious areas on need, especially in areas where we have limited prospects like defense and goaltending.  

One of the most interesting things about watching this game was the commentary during the periods. Each of the commentators basically made the same comment/observation that it is clear that this team has mastered the art of offense. But in order to make the leap from an interesting and entertaining team to being a serious team, they have to sacrifice some of their offensive style of play to a more responsible defensive game. In this game, the Sabres didn't show that they can do it just yet. (My opinion.) Clearly, the goaltending is not good enough. Also, this team gives up too many quality chances to the opposition. Once there is a better balance between the offense and defense, this team will be a factor. We're not there yet. 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I don’t dislike Adams. As I’ve said 1000 times, I’m fully on board with the plan in general, I just want him to be more aggressive in fixing obvious areas on need, especially in areas where we have limited prospects like defense and goaltending.  

Rick Tocchet was with you on the postgame on TNT.  He basically said the top two lines are doing so well it might be time to accelerate the build.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Rick Tocchet was with you on the postgame on TNT.  He basically said the top two lines are doing so well it might be time to accelerate the build.

It’s what I’ve been saying for weeks.  If not now with our offense is at the top of the NHL, when are we ever going to flip the switch and try to win?  How many of the goals CBJ scored when Bryson and Pilut were on the ice? The answer is all of them.  Time to make a move.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.