Practice Lines 10/17/22

Brawndo

6 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Noted.

Even so: There's got to be some truth there. I can't imagine a player ever takes it as a positive when they're moved from centre to wing. (I'm sure Mittlestadt will work hard and maintain a good attitude if playing the wing.)

I also note my concern with your apparent loss of first person pronouns. Perhaps you've been reading too many of @Taro T's posts.

So, now we don't trust Yerdon (who listed the line as 74-37-71) but do trust Engel (who had 37&74 flipped even though they've never been on the same line deployed that way)?

Expecting most of the Mittelstadt dislikers (don't believe anyone hates him) will be sadly disappointed if they expect Mitts has been bumped to a wing.  Again, he played C over Cozens when they were out there w/ Tuch.

PS - people talk about themselves too much.  😉

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

So there was that rumour about a week ago that the Sabres were looking at Josh Anderson. I wonder if it had legs.

Maybe they are looking for another Tuch like winger with size that can bring wheels and can go retrieve pucks.  Would allow Tuch to drive a second line.

Not many in the game anymore

8 hours ago, RochesterExpat said:

It's pretty apparent that lines 2 and 3 are simply on-paper numbers for Granato. I don't know why Sabres fans are so hung up on line numbers. Buffalo had a one goal lead on Ottawa and Granato played Cozens, Peterka and Krebs at the end of the game because they were absolutely on fire all game. He makes it pretty clear he will reward in-game performance with ice time and not tie himself down to how the line sheet looks.

Ice time, right now it seems close but Middlestadt will get more ice time as the games go by. I'd much rather give that to Cozens who has way more upside imo. Right now Middlestadt 18:55 TOI to Cozens 16:23 TOI which definitely adds up per 82 game season. 

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

So there was that rumour about a week ago that the Sabres were looking at Josh Anderson. I wonder if it had legs.

Maybe they are looking for another Tuch like winger with size that can bring wheels and can go retrieve pucks.  Would allow Tuch to drive a second line.

I hope not. He’s overpaid. 

9 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

They can take Krebs, I hear he has good analytics 

Edited by triumph_communes

2 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Uh... No

Anderson is probably the type of player they want but his situation isn’t great.

5 more years at over $5 million per for a guy who gets injured quite a bit. Montreal have no cap space. I wouldn’t be giving up value for him. It would be more like doing the Habs a favour.

33 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Uh... No

Anderson is probably the type of player they want but his situation isn’t great.

5 more years at over $5 million per for a guy who gets injured quite a bit. Montreal have no cap space. I wouldn’t be giving up value for him. It would be more like doing the Habs a favour.

And neither His Offensive or Defensive Metrics warrant even considering this move 

2 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

How does one develop such a strong dislike for a 21-year-old kid trying to find his way in the NHL that they feel compelled to post about it regularly on a message board, regardless of his play, or even if he’s playing?

29 minutes ago, dudacek said:

How does one develop such a strong dislike for a 21-year-old kid trying to find his way in the NHL that they feel compelled to post about it regularly on a message board, regardless of his play, or even if he’s playing?

I’m seeing positive Krebs stuff nonstop when all he does is turnover the puck and make the game hard to watch. 

I don’t know how sending him to the AHL is somehow giving up on him, but that’s the corner people throw me in. 

1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

I’m seeing positive Krebs stuff nonstop when all he does is turnover the puck and make the game hard to watch. 

I don’t know how sending him to the AHL is somehow giving up on him, but that’s the corner people throw me in. 

I thought thats what you were implying when I said he’s waiver exempt and you said exactly. Why not just say they should send him down to Rochester, then.

1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

Was no different than what Tage got, then he got waived, figured it out, and came back with confidence. 

You are using that term incorrectly. He didn’t get waived, because he was waiver exempt. The Sabres never made him available to other teams. All they did was send him to the AHL. If that is what you want them to do with Krebs, I have no problem with.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.