NHL Trade Rumors and Speculation 2022-23

Brawndo

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

No idea who owns the Sens at present, but with Melnyk's death 4 months ago can see that situation still being fluid and ridding themselves of deadweight salary to be a short term priority.

If the Sens are so desperate to get 11M under the cap FLOOR that they dangle seventh overall, I’m buying.  

Just hard to see the logic because it’s only two more years of Murray. From a cap planning standpoint, a buyout seems like a better idea than spending their 7OA to save $6.25 AAV…especially because they’re going to have to spend the majority of it anyway just to get to the floor. 

I am thinking this reporting is 💩💩

Kevin Allen says it’s likely that Brent Burns will be moved. He is from Ajax about an hour away. 

Not saying it will happen but if SJ would retain some salary he would be and interesting mentor for Power. He probably controls his own destiny and Buffalo is probably not high on his list unless he wanted to be closer to his hometown.

16 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Kevin Allen says it’s likely that Brent Burns will be moved. He is from Ajax about an hour away. 

Not saying it will happen but if SJ would retain some salary he would be and interesting mentor for Power. He probably controls his own destiny and Buffalo is probably not high on his list unless he wanted to be closer to his hometown.

I get why people say Buffalo isn't on peoples lists but i don't think its necessarily true anymore.

Like u said, he's from an hour away and nearing the twilight of his career.

I'd like it if he came to Buffalo, grab Patty Kane and MAF too and next season gets pretty interesting.

Dream, dream, dream dream.....

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/5/2022 at 6:31 PM, JohnC said:

I agree with most of the decisions that the GM has made in the rebuild. However, I am perplexed at his apparent casual attitude in addressing the goalie situation. It makes no sense to me. If he doesn't meaningfully address the position, it will undercut the good work he has done in restocking the roster. There are still opportunities to bring in another credible goalie. But it seems as days pass by the number of options decline. 

Keep an eye out for a deal with Washington. One of their goalies is rumored to be moved. 

Do you have some inside info that confirms this? Is it a casual attitude or not showing ones cards when negotiating?

4 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

I was able to get an Ottawa fan to agree to

9 for 7, 87(Bos's 3rd), Murray and their 2023 2nd.  I think its pretty good to be honest. 

Like it if at least one of the RHD is available at 7.  If not, no need to trade up to 7, you're getting the same potential at forward at 9.  Too bad you're not KA

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

It would be cool if the Sabres could figure out how to jump to 7 from one of their other picks whilst taking Murray.  Obviously sending 28 to Ottawa for 7 and Murray would be optimal but I don’t see it happening.  

23 minutes ago, inkman said:

It would be cool if the Sabres could figure out how to jump to 7 from one of their other picks whilst taking Murray.  Obviously sending 28 to Ottawa for 7 and Murray would be optimal but I don’t see it happening.  

What did you think of my recent offer idea? 

6 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

I was able to get an Ottawa fan to agree to

9 for 7, 87(Bos's 3rd), Murray and their 2023 2nd.  I think its pretty good to be honest. 

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

What did you think of my recent offer idea? 

The concern is His Health and there is still 15 Million in actual dollars  left on the deal. 

I would do 16 for 7OA, Murray and 2023 3rd 

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I didn't realize that was due to a "casual attitude." I thought it was more a limited market and a team that wasn't terribly attractive.

It was a lack of foresight in having some better options if not able to sign your UFA goalie. 

37 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I disagree. Adams was burned by Ullmark who was not honest in his dealings

Ullmark's not that kind of guy. His agent however, might have been dishonest but the rookie GM should have known that agents can't be trusted. 

Water under the bridge though. Hopefully Adams solves the issue this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

Husso being "linked" and "kicking the tires" on Murray, the one thing we can conclude from all these rumours is Adams is TRYING to solve the goalie issue this year so tanking for Bedard isn't the plan. Let's just hope he manages to solve it. 

My impression from this site was that Murray didn’t represent an upgrade in net. But I could have a mistaken interpretation there, or the board could differ from outside consensus 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.