NHL Trade Rumors and Speculation 2022-23

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Husso being "linked" and "kicking the tires" on Murray, the one thing we can conclude from all these rumours is Adams is TRYING to solve the goalie issue this year so tanking for Bedard isn't the plan. Let's just hope he manages to solve it. 

I think Adams will try but not sure it can be done. I am very hopeful KA will finally be the answer at GM after a couple bad ones though.

7 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Husso being "linked" and "kicking the tires" on Murray, the one thing we can conclude from all these rumours is Adams is TRYING to solve the goalie issue this year so tanking for Bedard isn't the plan. Let's just hope he manages to solve it. 

Fall back is Bedard... not bad fall back

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

My impression from this site was that Murray didn’t represent an upgrade in net. But I could have a mistaken interpretation there, or the board could differ from outside consensus 

I was just reading that thread and you are right, the view of Murray is pretty negative. I think he could be better than that but he would be a bit of a gamble. Reclamation restart kind of thing. idk, I'm just not that negative on him myself. 

The trades in that thread seem crazy though. If one of those 3 way retention draft pick swap deals actually happened I'd be gobsmacked. 

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

I was just reading that thread and you are right, the view of Murray is pretty negative. I think he could be better than that but he would be a bit of a gamble. Reclamation restart kind of thing. idk, I'm just not that negative on him myself. 

The trades in that thread seem crazy though. If one of those 3 way retention draft pick swap deals actually happened I'd be gobsmacked. 

A gamble but definitely worth taking, considering the trade return.  If he sucked you send him to the AHL and it's UPL time

• Like (+1) 1

Blackhawks entertaining offers on just about everybody apparently. DeBrincat, Dach, there is an opportunity here for KA if done carefully. 

idk, I just hope we do SOMETHING interesting that makes us a better team next year and not just draft players that might make us good in 2024 0r 25. Guess I'm impatient, but I see opportunities. 

13 minutes ago, Thorny said:

My impression from this site was that Murray didn’t represent an upgrade in net. But I could have a mistaken interpretation there, or the board could differ from outside consensus 

Maybe Bales is confident he can fix him.

2 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Maybe Bales is confident he can fix him.

If Adams was attempting to bring Murray in b/c he was confident he could be a legit starter, I’d have been happy to love the move through the prism of now and happy to evaluate Murray purely based on his performance going forward. 

I’m not sure if that’s the case though and lean towards it being more about reaching the floor in combination with a swell upgrade in picks. Whether or not that’d have been to my liking says nothing about its value in context within Adams’ plan. It looked like a great move within the context of Adams’ chosen strategy 

This is pretty much exactly the type of deal ppl are talking about when they speak of dealing from a position of strength (multitude of picks) to add a player who helps both now and down the line. A way to focus on this season yet not sacrifice the future.

Picks as currency at its finest 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

I'm not so sure - I think it's pretty fair value.  It's not all that hard piling up players playing with Pat Kane. 

It is probably fair value it just doesn't make sense for either team IMPO. Oh well, not my circus.

Just now, Thorny said:

This is pretty much exactly the type of deal ppl are talking about when they speak of dealing from a position of strength (multitude of picks) to add a player who helps both now and down the line. A way to focus on this season yet not sacrifice the future.

Exactly, maybe Adams can get one of the goalies from Washington.

“Why try, other teams are good” 

Sabres twitter losing the plot in real-time lol

- - -

“Unnecessary” points now. Yes, it’s unnecessary to add a good young player to your roster now, because you can hope to add a player who has an exceptionally slim chance of being that good, a few years from now. Derp.

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.