NHL PLAYOFFS ROUND 2

Eleven

32 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Instead of a couple thousand Canes fans at their arena now, ESPN has a camera at the Carolina Ale House where a dozen or so fans are reacting.

Two states, one name and one ale house, apparently.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Instead of a couple thousand Canes fans at their arena now, ESPN has a camera at the Carolina Ale House where a dozen or so fans are reacting.

They’re the only ones left not at the raceway for the Coca-Cola 600. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/27/2022 at 5:46 PM, SwampD said:

It looked like a kick to me. He should have just let it go. It looked like it was going in anyway.

That was the point:  He wasn't playing the puck, he was off balance after his first leg hung on the goalie.  He was trying stop with pulling a groin.  The "kick" maneuver he did had nothing to do with the puck.

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

The hurricanes are incapable of winning on the road. 

The Hurricanes are incapable of losing at home.  That bodes well for them at least through the conference finals.

Edited by Doohickie

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I think so too, but NY shows us once again how far a team can go if they have good goaltending. (Are ya listening KA?)

He knows, its why he got Levi,   but blaming bad goal tending on KA, when our current goalie should have been drafted 5 years ago 🤷‍♂️

Also in a league where at least 10 teams need a 1A, I would not even expect us being able to trade for one.

Edited by Huckleberry

10 hours ago, Doohickie said:

That was the point:  He wasn't playing the puck, he was off balance after his first leg hung on the goalie.  He was trying stop with pulling a groin.  The "kick" maneuver he did had nothing to do with the puck.

I don’t buy that at all.

10 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

He knows, its why he got Levi,   but blaming bad goal tending on KA, when our current goalie should have been drafted 5 years ago 🤷‍♂️

Also in a league where at least 10 teams need a 1A, I would not even expect us being able to trade for one.

I know and I agree. Goalie is so important and has been neglected here. Why I stick to my philosophy of drafting a goalie somewhere every year (or at least as often as possible). Can't have too many imo and every now and again a low pick will develop and surprise. Possibly Levi. 

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I still see a kick.

Definitely a kick.  The problem is the referees/League hardly ever over turn a goal.  I’d disqualify half of the goals directed in with a skate.  But we get so tied up with language like distinct kicking motion.  Get rid of all goals that go off an offensive player and we won’t have to argue about this anymore. 

23 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Definitely a kick.  The problem is the referees/League hardly ever over turn a goal.  I’d disqualify half of the goals directed in with a skate.  But we get so tied up with language like distinct kicking motion.  Get rid of all goals that go off an offensive player and we won’t have to argue about this anymore. 

If it was his right leg that kicked it, I could believe he was just trying to stop, and it would have counted, but it was his left.

It was a kick and the exact reason the rule exists.

8 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I gotta go with the Rags tonight. I'll take Shesterkin over Raanta all day.

Best 3 goalies in the league

1. Vasilevsky

2. Shesterkin

3. Anyone not on the Sabres.

I wish all three east teams could lose tonight.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.