NHL PLAYOFFS ROUND 2

Eleven

Where have I heard that name Evander Kane before??? 

Calgary gonna start running people. This could get ugly. 

And that McDavid kid, he's pretty ***** good. And all the people that said Eichel was a great consolation prize in that draft, they were smoking some serious crack. Jack isn't even on the same planet as Connor. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Where have I heard that name Evander Kane before??? 

Calgary gonna start running people. This could get ugly. 

And that McDavid kid, he's pretty ***** good. And all the people that said Eichel was a great consolation prize in that draft, they were smoking some serious crack. Jack isn't even on the same planet as Connor. 

Many many were saying that THE YEAR they were drafted. Maybe even in their sophomore year. But NOT beyond that. At least not that I remember. 

And yes…. McDavid is quite fun to watch work his magic.

“Evander Kane's salary is $1,375,000 and his cap hit is $2,108,696 for the 2021-22 season. His salary is comprised of $625,000 in signing bonuses and $750,000 in base salary. He is a 30 year old left wing who was born on Aug. 2, 1991. He was drafted 4th overall by the Atlanta Thrashers in the 1st round of the 2009 entry draft. He has signed 4 contracts worth a total value of $91,175,000. Over a career that spans 13 seasons (with at least 1 NHL GP), he has a total 545 Pts in 812 GP, and 23 playoffs Pts in 38 GP. He will be a UFA at the end of the 2021-22 season when he is 30 years old.”

Oilers took a gamble … and it’s paying off right now.

• Like (+1) 1

Back in 2015 nearly every scout and prognosticator were saying McDavid and Eichel were both generational players coming out for the draft. That McDavid was a “10” and Eichel was maybe a “9.5”.  

Well they were right about McDavid being a 10.  That other part they were a little off. Lol 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Back in 2015 nearly every scout and prognosticator were saying McDavid and Eichel were both generational players coming out for the draft. That McDavid was a “10” and Eichel was maybe a “9.5”.  

Well they were right about McDavid being a 10.  That other part they were a little off. Lol 

Eichel was a generational player, but after years on a subpar team that never made the playoffs, it affected his mental game.

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Eichel's number was an artifact of dyslexia.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, pastajoe said:

Eichel was a generational player, but after years on a subpar team that never made the playoffs, it affected his mental game.

Eichel's mental game is and has always gotten in his way... skills are great but the rest is an empty shell

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Fwiw - local sports talk show has source who reports that "lots" of the Panthers were partying until the wee hours of the morning on the day of Game 3, which was a 1:30 start.

There are probably 350 days a year where they can do this, that night was not one of them. 

Kane playing well there with McDavid is highly annoying, cause it sort of validates the Murray plan and the only thing that made it fail was losing the lottery. I don't even want a shred of that idea to exist so I hate Edmonton. 

Funny how the Lucic collision with Smith gets a major when he clearly pulled up and Smith is fine while Kadri gets to knock Binnington out of the playoffs. Seems to me Kadri knocks somebody out of the playoffs every year, and yet this year it's okay. The Lucic play was nothing like the Miller one. Sure, the guy's a big dumb goon, but Kadri is without a doubt the dirtiest player in the league and he makes plays deliberately to injure. And don't give me the argument about him being pushed in by the defenseman, he lunged forward on purpose. It's what he does. 

12 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Kane playing well there with McDavid is highly annoying, cause it sort of validates the Murray plan and the only thing that made it fail was losing the lottery. I don't even want a shred of that idea to exist so I hate Edmonton. 

Funny how the Lucic collision with Smith gets a major when he clearly pulled up and Smith is fine while Kadri gets to knock Binnington out of the playoffs. Seems to me Kadri knocks somebody out of the playoffs every year, and yet this year it's okay. The Lucic play was nothing like the Miller one. Sure, the guy's a big dumb goon, but Kadri is without a doubt the dirtiest player in the league and he makes plays deliberately to injure. And don't give me the argument about him being pushed in by the defenseman, he lunged forward on purpose. It's what he does. 

That's the hard-nosed old-time physical hockey, what's the big deal? /s

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Fwiw - local sports talk show has source who reports that "lots" of the Panthers were partying until the wee hours of the morning on the day of Game 3, which was a 1:30 start.

This was rumored to be the downfall of the Bills super bowl game against the Giants.  Those Tampa strip clubs will getcha. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.