Peyton Krebs voted hardest to play against among CHL prospects - list includes Bedard, Shayne Wright, Marco Rossi

inkman

• inkman changed the title to Peyton Krebs voted hardest to play against among CHL prospects - lost includes Bedard, Shayne Wright, Marco Rossi
  • nfreeman changed the title to Peyton Krebs voted hardest to play against among CHL prospects - list includes Bedard, Shayne Wright, Marco Rossi
2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Not exactly a consensus.  29 different players mentioned.  No Quinn, but Seth Jarvis on the list.

I’m not sure what happened with Quinn in JRs.  He certainly has the skill set.  Maybe kids didn’t think he was hard to play against because he just sniped from everywhere and they couldn’t do anything about it. IDK. 

I think Krebs ceiling could be higher than a lot of people initially thought.  Beside the obvious skills, there is a cagey side to him which will only get better as he develops experience and gets stronger.  He plays a complete game.  

I am liking Tuch + Krebs for Eichel right now, despite the fact that Eichel can be special at times.  These two are the right kind of players to build on.   The draft picks could possibly make it a great trade for us. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I think Krebs ceiling could be higher than a lot of people initially thought.  Beside the obvious skills, there is a cagey side to him which will only get better as he develops experience and gets stronger.  He plays a complete game.  

Cozens has worked on that cagey/hard-to-play-against mantra this year too.  I like putting Krebs and Cozens together with a speedy guy like Hinostroza or Asplund in a traditional "energy line."  They might not score a ton of goals but they can put the other team on their heals and set up the next shift.  That's the line that should go out when a goal is scored, not the Eakin line.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Cozens has worked on that cagey/hard-to-play-against mantra this year too.  I like putting Krebs and Cozens together with a speedy guy like Hinostroza or Asplund in a traditional "energy line."  They might not score a ton of goals but they can put the other team on their heals and set up the next shift.  That's the line that should go out when a goal is scored, not the Eakin line.

My wish list has a solid two way center that wins faceoffs and shuts down the other team.  Maybe Cozens gets there?  I would love to find one this off season and then make Tage, Mitts, Krebs and Cozens battle for the other 3 center spots.   That is a sure way to have another good winger and to add depth/versatility.  

Edited by Pimlach

Cozens is developing well. He has the sandpaper this season. I like it. I hope he improves on his point production next season. Set some realistic off season goals. And come back a little heavier, a little faster, and an improved shot. Maybe on ice workouts with Tage and Okposo.

• Like (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I think Krebs can be like Doug Gilmour.

Hard work in both directions, pass first mentality, leadership and never say die attitude.

I view Krebs in the Reinhart mold as far as vision and precision passing, but with more jam/sandpaper.

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I am liking Tuch + Krebs for Eichel right now, despite the fact that Eichel can be special at times.  These two are the right kind of players to build on.   The draft picks could possibly make it a great trade for us. 

Kootenay/Winnipeg Ice, Krebs Junior Team was horrible and in the midst of a major rebuild when He was playing there. By all accounts He was a great leader in the room and on the ice for the Team. 

That experience will help Him through the next few years for the Sabres 

32 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Kootenay/Winnipeg Ice, Krebs Junior Team was horrible and in the midst of a major rebuild when He was playing there. By all accounts He was a great leader in the room and on the ice for the Team. 

That experience will help Him through the next few years for the Sabres 

I seem to remember that when he found out he was being traded to the Sabres he cited his Juniors experience including his contribution to turning the team around and was looking forward to doing the same in Buffalo.  I think in Vegas he was buried in the depth chart and sees nothing but opportunity in the Sabres org.

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Cozens is developing well. He has the sandpaper this season. I like it. I hope he improves on his point production next season. Set some realistic off season goals. And come back a little heavier, a little faster, and an improved shot. Maybe on ice workouts with Tage and Okposo.

He’s probably going to finish with about 40 points.

The other Sabre forwards to hit 40 in their U21 seasons in the past 20 years:

Eichel 57

Connolly 45

Reinhart 42

I think improved point totals are a given.

• Like (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Is this similar to when Paille was voted the OHL’s best body checker? 😈

And then it took him 2 full seasons to land a body check with the Sabres?  Peyton has already exceeded that extremely low bar.  Yes I know your comment was tongue in cheek. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I think Peyton is learning that his ability to dominate juniors by throwing the puck where-ever he wanted and it working isn’t as easy in the NHL. He needs to learn to hold on to the puck, be more cerebral with it and make the simple play when the slick one isn’t there. It will come and once he puts on some more muscle his game should really take off.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I think Peyton is learning that his ability to dominate juniors by throwing the puck where-ever he wanted and it working isn’t as easy in the NHL. He needs to learn to hold on to the puck, be more cerebral with it and make the simple play when the slick one isn’t there. It will come and once he puts on some more muscle his game should really take off.

He also needs to work on his shot so that teams know he isn’t always going to pass.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.