After the Whistle Podcast - Jack Returns

PromoTheRobot

18 minutes in.

Over the top.  Over sell IMO.  I almost stopped listening.  Lots of fake outrage.  But I don’t doubt that these guys have inner knowledge that we couldn’t ever have.

Regardless, It definitely reaffirmed my thought that he was not the right guy personality-wise to build a team around.

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Weave said:

18 minutes in.

Over the top.  Over sell IMO.  I almost stopped listening.  Lots of fake outrage.  But I don’t doubt that these guys have inner knowledge that we couldn’t ever have.

Regardless, It definitely reaffirmed my thought that he was not the right guy personality-wise to build a team around.

I was there a bit too, especially when hours before the game:

Then one interview, and the script flips.

I will say, I do believe Jack built up some angst in Buffalo former players and guys on the inside that's no longer going to be held back because he's the captain here.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It's not a great look for Rob, Andrew or Craig. They're exposing themselves as current or former shills for the organ-eye-zation.

Nobody should be suprised by this. Their show was owned by PSE, of course they have a muzzle on. Do you think the *****-eating Grin on Duffers face after every loss is genuine?

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Gabrielor said:

I was there a bit too, especially when hours before the game:

Then one interview, and the script flips.

I will say, I do believe Jack built up some angst in Buffalo former players and guys on the inside that's no longer going to be held back because he's the captain here.

I don't think they are mutually exclusive. You can both feel Eichel wanted to win here and believe he was a spoiled brat simultaneously.  

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I don't think they are mutually exclusive. You can both feel Eichel wanted to win here and believe he was a spoiled brat simultaneously.  

It was more the tone change. Rivet went from calm understanding, to complete unapologetic offense (which I was there for). 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Weave said:

Wow and Petey basically called GMTM an alcoholic near the end.

These guys need to learn where the line is for "revealing too much."  Even implying that is, IMHO, going too far

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

It's not a great look for Rob, Andrew or Craig. They're exposing themselves as current or former shills for the organ-eye-zation.

I believe what he said is that the person in his ear was telling him he could not say that, when in fact he was saying that.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Lol. Obviously you're not a regular listener to their podcast. They are anything but Sabres shills.

1 hour ago, Gabrielor said:

Rivet didn't hold back, and it was refreshing to hear.

No need to protect his dirty laundry anymore.

Gionta played with Jack. He didn't want to say anything but sometimes silence says a lot.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

So far I just hear generalities and low-brow ranting and it's not very entertaining so I refresh my call for specifics and interesting stories because I'm out 

No specific stories.  The entire hour was reaction to last night.

The one thing I took from it that I most strongly expect is coming from good, personal insight was Gionta’s comments that Jack looked rattled, and it didn’t surprise him that Jack got rattled and handled it poorly both on and off ice.  He said that Jack doesn’t know how to handle adversity.  He theorized why, but that part is pure speculation.  The lack of surprise regarding Jack’s ability to handle adversity to me had weight because it came from a guy who experienced it directly.

• Like (+1) 7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.