Zhitnik, from his home country Ukraine πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

LGR4GM

18 minutes ago, Weave said:

I don’t have a subscription so I can’t read the article. Β I’m just going to assume that he’s doing awesome things that we can be proud of.

Basically helping where he can. Primarily working on getting ppl out of Ukraine. Talked about what's happening and how some Russian hockey friends he has don't believe what he tells them.Β 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Yes, he mentioned he can't leave the country and also that he doesn't want to.Β 

Β 

If it were Eichel rather than Zhitnik, Eichel would have demanded a trade to Russia and would have blamed Zelenskyy.

10 hours ago, inkman said:

No thanksΒ 

Oh, I want to hear this, this "propoganda" nonsense; this is f*cking awful and the fact that anyone thinks that *this*could be anything but the brutal truth actually makes me want to go full psycho on someone.Β 

Β 

As an aside, I have been offered a chance to go to Ukraine and provide medical care for the wounded and Ill; I have been mulling it over for a week now, I'm really 50/50 on going. I have been in combat so being in a tent with mortar fire isn't something I would shy away from; but the danger level here is much higher than it was in the middle east.Β 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Oh, I want to hear this, this "propoganda" nonsense; this is f*cking awful and the fact that anyone thinks that *this*could be anything but the brutal truth actually makes me want to go full psycho on someone.Β 

Β 

As an aside, I have been offered a chance to go to Ukraine and provide medical care for the wounded and Ill; I have been mulling it over for a week now, I'm really 50/50 on going. I have been in combat so being in a tent with mortar fire isn't something I would shy away from; but the danger level here is much higher than it was in the middle east.Β 

That's a hard choice but you should feel comfortable with whichever path you decide upon.Β 

If you stay, you will help people. If you go, you will help people. And that is surely a comforting thought.Β 

Take luck.Β 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

You're a good man either way.Β  I hope you don't go.Β  That CS could drop anthrax in there at any moment.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

You're a good man either way.Β  I hope you don't go.Β  That CS could drop anthrax in there at any moment.

If Belarus truly comes into the war, I can see Russia doing something like that and then blaming BelarusΒ 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Β 

Any decision you make is your decision. I have a tremendous respect for brave people like you who use their talents to help people in dangerous situations. As you point out the danger level is high now, and it will get even higher. Just a thought but if you wanted to go near the battle area it might be advisable to go to one of the bordering countries where you could help with the refugees and also the wounded who some would end up there. God bless good people like you who serve others while placing themselves at great risk.Β 

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

this is f*cking awful and the fact that anyone thinks that *this*could be anything but the brutal truth actually makes me want to go full psycho on someone.Β 

I've never wanted to have your baby more than I do right now.

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

You should sit for a good bit for this. We don't need this rubbish here.

I'd like to hear the poster's opinion. Of course there's propaganda on both sides.

Is ***** you any worse than FFS?Β  I don't think so.

And if the moderating team decides to give me time out for this one, so be it.

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Is ***** you any worse than FFS?Β  I don't think so.

And if the moderating team decides to give me time out for this one, so be it.

Of course it is.

Are we losing our minds?

Challenging some bit of news out of Ukraine as possible propaganda isn't denying the "awful truth" of what's going on.

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Of course it is.

Are we losing our minds?

Challenging some bit of news out of Ukraine as possible propaganda isn't denying the "awful truth" of what's going on.

Propaganda or not, the goal is to resist the invasion for long enough until Putin has 2nd thoughts.Β 

Your sympathy for the pathological aggressor in this invasion is duly noted.Β 

• Like (+1) 1

"Zhitnik, who some have dubbed 'the 3rd-pair defenceman of Kiev,' is said to have taken down 40 Russian fighter jets this week alone. Witnesses say that his rogue slapshot has proven an unexpected but welcome resource."Β 

(onlyslightlylessbelievablethan'ghostofkyiv'andotherludicrousstories,butiamcognizantofwhatrealitiesareandarentwelcomeinthisdiscussion)

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

"Zhitnik, who some have dubbed 'the 3rd-pair defenceman of Kiev,' is said to have taken down 40 Russian fighter jets this week alone. Witnesses say that his rogue slapshot has proven an unexpected but welcome resource."Β 

(onlyslightlylessbelievablethan'ghostofkyiv'andotherludicrousstories,butiamcognizantofwhatrealitiesareandarentwelcomeinthisdiscussion)

I really like your hockey analyses πŸ‘

I know this is getting a little off topic, but there's growing suspicion that Puitin may have terminal colon cancer, or some other illness. Based on his facial expression and overall puffy look I was concerned before even hearing this; it was confimed with a previous Russian operative that is now working the pentagon, Putin is on chemotherapy and steroids; this would account for some of the visual symptoms. The big fear here is that if this does in fact seem to be true, he has lost all inhibitions and will want to leave a legacy for Russia on his way out.Β 

Β 

As for my decision, I appreciate all the kind words, it's something I'm going to sit down and have a chat with the people around me and see what makes the most sense with all things considered.Β 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.