All Star Weekend

Believer

21 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Yes and thanks to ABC, we got an interview with some attention ***** dude rather than coverage of the actual goal.

No, that was convicted domestic abuser & alleged child abuser Tyreek Hill.  Why wouldn't he be celebrated at the NHL ASG?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Hard to see it because espn is trash but 6-4 central now. Espn was too busy talking to a football player. 

Totally trash coverage by espn

Shocked!  Absolutely shocked at that.  Well, not so shocked.  😉

PS, technically it's ABC. 😉

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

After watching it 10 times it looks like he has some type of sticky tape holding the puck 😕

If you watch, the puck never moves once it's on his stick. Some sort of Velcro or sticky substance that will hold enough until he flings it at the net. 

19 hours ago, Eleven said:

He broke up a couple of other plays nicely, too.  He looked good today.

Dahlin made some excellent passes to set up close-in scoring chances for teammates at around the 6 min mark of the 2nd period as well… He played a very impressive game… Made the most of his playing time… Happy for him… Excited to see what he brings back in the second half… 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, inkman said:

I gotta say, Rasmus is growing on me. His on ice performance has gotten more consistent and off the ice he sounds positive.  

Good to hear.  Glad he is positive and the players “want to be there”.     (I’m getting sick of that saying). 

Can’t wait until the fans come back.  I will be in Buffalo from March 11 thru 21.  No home games to attend thanks to Leafs game being a home game give away.   Are they still doing that given Canada’s Covid policies?   

Edited by Pimlach

On 2/5/2022 at 4:44 AM, Claude Balls said:

The breakaway challenge has turned into a clown show. Nothing but a gag. What was a little fun at first has turned into an embarrassment. The Zegras blindfold breakaway with the puck glued to his stick was pathetic, not to mention the goalies pretending to try to make a save. I have lost all interest in the skills challenge after last night. Go back to the plain hardest shot, fastest skater, accuracy, goaltending and the breakaways without the BS. I wanna see the players skills, not the fake garbage it has become. Again, that Zegras breakaway was so beyond fake.  

The entire all star break needs a huge revamp 

It’s boring, it doesn’t market the players OR the game well, the presentation on TV sucks, and the players don’t wanna be there

As a lover of hockey, it’s just...bad

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Believer said:

Dahlin made some excellent passes to set up close-in scoring chances for teammates at around the 6 min mark of the 2nd period as well… He played a very impressive game… Made the most of his playing time… Happy for him… Excited to see what he brings back in the second half… 

Can’t stand the format but I agree. Dahlin looked good.

Obvious caveat being a game with zero forechecking pressure on the defensemen would aid anyone in that pursuit. But relatively, his vision looked good. He at least looked glad to be there. 

18 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The entire all star break needs a huge revamp 

It’s boring, it doesn’t market the players OR the game well, the presentation on TV sucks, and the players don’t wanna be there

As a lover of hockey, it’s just...bad

Yes I agree, but NHL hockey fans have been saying that for as long as I can remember.

I have watched the skills competitions and games pretty steady in past years but this year I've been ignoring it pretty much other than catching a couple of highlights.  It looks to me like it's getting worse over the years with the changes not better. 

What would you suggest for a decent format?

9 minutes ago, Digger said:

Yes I agree, but NHL hockey fans have been saying that for as long as I can remember.

I have watched the skills competitions and games pretty steady in past years but this year I've been ignoring it pretty much other than catching a couple of highlights.  It looks to me like it's getting worse over the years with the changes not better. 

What would you suggest for a decent format?

So you are saying the reason I think it’s bad is because I’m old, now, and the all star weekend is for kids? 

It’s as good a point as any. 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.