NHL Covid pause during the 21/22 season: Multiple Teams Impacted

LGR4GM

• LGR4GM changed the title to NHL may have a Covid pause during the 21/22 season
  • LGR4GM changed the title to NHL Covid pause during the 21/22 season: Multiple Teams Impacted
1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

As long as they don't shut it completely down we'll be fine. There's zero reason to cancel games or shut the league down completely when COVID isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Cancel participation in the Olympics and use those three weeks to schedule all the delayed games.

I wonder if that was a fall-back plan.

This was part of the reason I thought that the current regular season should have been conference-only.  It would have cut down on exposure and slow down spread of COVID across the league.  It also would have cut down on travel in the compressed schedule as well, which would mean less physically tired players who would be more apt to fight off an infection.

15 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I wonder if that was a fall-back plan.

This was part of the reason I thought that the current regular season should have been conference-only.  It would have cut down on exposure and slow down spread of COVID across the league.  It also would have cut down on travel in the compressed schedule as well, which would mean less physically tired players who would be more apt to fight off an infection.

Didn't they actually say that was the fall back plan when the schedule was released?

• KC Scouts changed the title to Bruins and Predators shut down through Holiday break for COVID...that's 5 teams now
48 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

And now there are 5 teams......

Bruins, Predators shut down through holiday break due to COVID concerns (nhl.com)

I hope Sabres can get the 2 Columbus games before the pause.  It will mean the least disruption during the make up.

Bruins may get the most compressed schedule.  

On 12/17/2021 at 2:01 PM, LGR4GM said:
They should go every year without it. 68 games would be plenty and would allow better rest and most important games. 

I'm sure the owners would be thrilled with losing 7 home games a year.  

No professional sports league wants to voluntarily decrease their revenue. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.