GDT - Sabres @ Jets - December 14, 2021 - 8 PM (EST) - MSG-B and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

I don't pretend to know how this is calculated, but the Dahlin numbers — good in offence, mediocre in defence, elite in transition supports what my eye test has been telling me, rather than what Sabrespace posters have.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I don't pretend to know how this is calculated, but the Dahlin numbers — good in offence, mediocre in defence, elite in transition supports what my eye test has been telling me, rather than what Sabrespace posters have.

I mean all the sublime moves that go unnoticed while every mistake he makes ends up in the back of the net certainly is exciting albeit not very enjoyable for Sabres fans. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Also, I know it sounds good to say that Okposo's has "found" something, but I would bet his numbers are almost exactly the same as they have always been. When has Kyle been anything but solid?

42 minutes ago, dudacek said:

This is where I've been

38 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Manitoba Waterloo

Here, too

2 hours ago, pastajoe said:

Musty Wetness

Every basement in Cheektowaga in the 1960s.

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

Also, I know it sounds good to say that Okposo's has "found" something, but I would bet his numbers are almost exactly the same as they have always been. When has Kyle been anything but solid?

Ummm, the last several years, going back to 2017 when he was in the neurological ICU and almost died?

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/sabres-annnounce-rick-jeannerets-final-20-regular-season-games-last-call-rj-schedule/c-326786866

1 hour ago, SABRESfan said:

Anyone know if RJ is calling the game tonight? 

perhaps this should be it’s own Thread and get pinned. So everyone can refer to it from time to time during the season. Just a thought.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Every basement in Cheektowaga in the 1960s.

Ummm, the last several years, going back to 2017 when he was in the neurological ICU and almost died?

I know a lot on here have complained about him and how slow he was the past couple of years. I thought you were all seeing what you wanted to see and kinda stupid. Sorry, I just did.

I’ll give you that his numbers may be different this year, but imo, I’m seeing the same Kyle we’ve always seen.

Jets going with 7 D and 11 forwards tonight. I think they were going to call up Gustafsson but because of a positive covid test on the Moose, they decided not to call anyone up.

This wouldn't have happened had they called someone up as soon as Wheeler went down and actually let him have a practice with the team but I guess they are pinching pennies because we are so close to the cap.

You've really got to watch KC and PLD. They are really on their game this season. 

Another thing is our abysmal PK. If we take a lot of penalties, we are sunk.

Oh ya, it is Winnerpeg (back to back Grey Cups) not Winterpeg...sitting at a balmy 39F right now!!!

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SABRESfan said:

Anyone know if RJ is calling the game tonight? 

RJ is only doing HOME games. Here's his remaining schedule....unless we make the playoffs 😄

Monday, December 27 vs. New York Islanders
Tuesday, January 11 vs. Tampa Bay Lightning
Monday, January 17 vs. Detroit Red Wings
Saturday, January 22 vs. Philadelphia Flyers
Monday, March 7 vs. Florida Panthers
Friday, March 25 vs. Washington Capitals
Wednesday, March 30 vs. Winnipeg Jets
Sunday, April 3 vs. Florida Panthers
Thursday, April 14 vs. St. Louis Blues
Saturday, April 16 vs. Philadelphia Flyers
Wednesday, April 20 vs. Ottawa Senators
Saturday, April 23 vs. New York Islanders
Friday, April 29 vs. Chicago Blackhawks

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thanks (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

RJ is only doing road games. Here's his remaining schedule....unless we make the playoffs 😄

Monday, December 27 vs. New York Islanders
Tuesday, January 11 vs. Tampa Bay Lightning
Monday, January 17 vs. Detroit Red Wings
Saturday, January 22 vs. Philadelphia Flyers
Monday, March 7 vs. Florida Panthers
Friday, March 25 vs. Washington Capitals
Wednesday, March 30 vs. Winnipeg Jets
Sunday, April 3 vs. Florida Panthers
Thursday, April 14 vs. St. Louis Blues
Saturday, April 16 vs. Philadelphia Flyers
Wednesday, April 20 vs. Ottawa Senators
Saturday, April 23 vs. New York Islanders
Friday, April 29 vs. Chicago Blackhawks

Sad.  No more home games.  I don’t  get that. 

17 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Why on Earth would RJ willingly fly to Winnipeg in December?

Why do most executives (pre Covid) travel unnecessarily, all the time?  Absence (from their spouse) makes the heart grow fonder.

RJ enjoys the road.  The hotels, and the hotel bars.  The unquestioned expense account.   #perks. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.