Omaha Lancers Implode after firing former Amerks HC Chadd Cassidy!

GASabresIUFAN

This is a crazy story.  Apparently they fired Cassidy for reasons unknown, then asked him to coach over the weekend, then re-fired him.  The rest of the coaches and players walked when the owners issued a BS press statement saying Cassidy resigned and then cut the budget for equipment, after game team meals and other expenses.  

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/7288467-Omaha-Lancers-players-walk-out-coaching-staff-resigns-en-masse-after-building-tensions-boil-over

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Wow what a cluster... sounds like the local owner has some financial issues but what too much of a jerk to fess up instead blaming everyone else and treating his players like cattle... this isn't going to end well.

Sounds familiar.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, here’s an observation that has zero basis in reality.  

Let me break it down for you.

financial issues CHECK

too much of a jerk to fess up CHECK

instead blaming everyone else CHECK

treating his players like cattle... CHECK

this isn't going to end well. CHECK

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

financial issues CHECK

How do any of those apply to the Sabres?  Seriously, they're not even close.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

financial issues CHECK

Freeman wasn’t commenting on North Buffalo’s post, but your “sounds familiar” post.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

financial issues CHECK

Nah, it's just stupid.  

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Freeman wasn’t commenting on North Buffalo’s post, but your “sounds familiar” post.

I was. Follow along.

52 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

How do any of those apply to the Sabres?  Seriously, they're not even close.

For one, when has Terry, or when have the Pegulas, taken responsibility for what they've wrought?

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

For one, when has Terry, or when have the Pegulas, taken responsibility for what they've wrought?

I doubt any owner would ever take the blame for their team's screw ups; that's literally holding the Pegulas to an unrealistic standard.

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

financial issues CHECK

Financial Issues, potentially, the Sabres specifically however are far more likely than the Pegulas personally 

too much of a jerk to fess up, already explained this one above. An owner will rarely if ever apologize for bad on-ice/field etc performance

instead blaming everyone else, I agree but seeing as blame has to go somewhere it doesn't exactly mean much

treating his players like cattle.. is not really true in Buffalo. Our players have a great locker room, and quite a lot of perks with the job. Most players leave fond of their treatment but angry/bitter about the results. I'll take Lehner's situation with a grain of salt seeing as they got rid of the staff members involved years ago and Eichel had already decided he wished to be traded and the Sabres did nothing against the CBA in regards to him.

this isn't going to end well, for us we have no clue; hopefully we are turning things around at this time

27 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I doubt any owner would ever take the blame for their team's screw ups; that's literally holding the Pegulas to an unrealistic standard.

Financial Issues, potentially, the Sabres specifically however are far more likely than the Pegulas personally 

too much of a jerk to fess up, already explained this one above. An owner will rarely if ever apologize for bad on-ice/field etc performance

instead blaming everyone else, I agree but seeing as blame has to go somewhere it doesn't exactly mean much

treating his players like cattle.. is not really true in Buffalo. Our players have a great locker room, and quite a lot of perks with the job. Most players leave fond of their treatment but angry/bitter about the results. I'll take Lehner's situation with a grain of salt seeing as they got rid of the staff members involved years ago and Eichel had already decided he wished to be traded and the Sabres did nothing against the CBA in regards to him.

this isn't going to end well, for us we have no clue; hopefully we are turning things around at this time

The bold gets to the heart of it. Of course they feel good about making their millions. But get these former Sabres in a room and listen to what they'd say about Terry the owner. He made their hockey lives miserable. He disrespected their profession by buying his way into and treating it as his plaything. Cattle? Cattle are given more respect than those players were. They'll tell all. He's an open joke.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

The bold gets to the heart of it. Of course they feel good about making their millions. But get these former Sabres in a room and listen to what they'd say about Terry the owner. He made their hockey lives miserable. He disrespected their profession by buying his way into and treating it as his plaything. Cattle? Cattle are given more respect than those players were. They'll tell all. He's an open joke.

Where is this info coming from? Nothing I read has painted the Pegulas as anything worse than either meddlers and/or well-intentioned incompetents.

You do know that most owners buy their way into the ownership role if they don't inherit it. All sports franchises are their owners' playthings to a degree regardless. NHL teams more than most due to their near permanence in losing money. 

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Where is this info coming from? Nothing I read has painted the Pegulas as anything worse than either meddlers and/or well-intentioned incompetents.

You do know that most owners buy their way into the ownership role if they don't inherit it. All sports franchises are their owners' playthings to a degree regardless. NHL teams more than most due to their near permanence in losing money. 

It's not information. It's conjecture based on common sense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.