Jack Eichel and 2023 3rd Traded to Vegas for F Alex Tuch, C Peyton Krebs, 2022 1st Top Ten Protected and 2023 2nd

Brawndo

4 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

I like what Adams is doing so far. As a first time GM in a brutal situation he has navigated the waters pretty well so far. He is a good hockey man, has a real connection to the city and is passionate about the team and area. Whether this all works out or not is to be seen but I feel like for the first time in a long time there might be a light at the end of the tunnel here. He seems to:

1) Have a plan that makes sense. Identified the issues with the core, broke it up and has specific players he targets based on vision: speed, character, desire to be a part of the solution.

2) He doesn’t claim to be a know it all. He has surrounded himself with quality people and he listens to them. The two drafts under his watch look very promising and the move towards analytics is legit. And I have no doubt that Adams will listen to his Analytics people, it is not just window dressing.

3) He will not be rushed into decisions and waiver from his vision or plan. Be it the coach search, the Eichel trade, he takes his time and is thorough and patient.

4) Maybe the biggest, he can handle the Pegulas. He has worked there and succeeded for a decade because he knows them, what they want and how to deal with them. He might kiss their butts from time to time but I have no doubt that they trust him and that ther e Israel communication and that Adams can probably talk them down on certain things where others haven’t.

1) Someone noted in another thread that deconstructing a roster is the easy part.  Adams' has done that now post-Eichel.   As to the attributes you mention, every team in the league is looking for those and it's no real secret this team emphasizes them.  

2) As to the staff, Adams has and will continue to build a staff after the front office was practically purged.  That set the rebuild back, but I'm not clear how much.  

3) There really aren't many big decisions left.  They've hired the coach, added front office personnel, made the trades we expected and not re-signed UFAs. Looking to the next off-season, he'll need to decide on a few UFAs and RFAs.  At this point it's when to promote (if suitable) certain kids in Rochester.

4) The Pegula's are an obstacle to success and we can only hope they sit in the back and stop meddling.  Can only hope Adams does not get sucked into their vortex of stupid. 

5 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

4) Maybe the biggest, he can handle the Pegulas. He has worked there and succeeded for a decade because he knows them, what they want and how to deal with them. He might kiss their butts from time to time but I have no doubt that they trust him and that ther e Israel communication and that Adams can probably talk them down on certain things where others haven’t.

This is what sets him apart from previous GMs under the current ownership.  Other GMs alternately ignored them or jumped to do their bidding.  Adams gets the to buy in to his moves, his strategy, his vision, while still considering their input.  It isn't good hockey moves versus the whims of ownership, it's listening to whims and steering them toward sensible solutions.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

This is what sets him apart from previous GMs under the current ownership.  Other GMs alternately ignored them or jumped to do their bidding.  Adams gets the to buy in to his moves, his strategy, his vision, while still considering their input.  It isn't good hockey moves versus the whims of ownership, it's listening to whims and steering them toward sensible solutions.

Realize the bolded is the narrative, but not sure it's actually accurate.

Regier definitely didn't ignore them but like for the previous ownership groups under whom he toiled, found out what they wanted accomplished & then set out to do that w/ varying degrees of success.

Murray definitely appeared to ignore them, but never seemed to jump to their beckon call.

Botterill did jump on the O'Reilly deadline but didn't seem to overly fellate them & not sure that refusing to purge the front office is equivalent to ignoring them. 

Adams appears to have a good working relationship with them.  (Which was likely your actual point. 😉)  Whether that is good or bad for us will come down to how well he rebuilds now that there isn't really anything else to tear down.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Going into the wayback machine...   During the 2019 predraft and I was identifying player names vs. the characters of the galaxy, I noted that "Krebs sounds like an Ewok." I stand by this.

So Paploo, Krebs, and Chief Chirpa swing onto an AT-ST....

Finally, some substantive hockey talk . . . 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Im just glad Krebs has gotten 4 days to settle in and practice before his next Rochester game. 

I broke down and got the AHL tv deal so I am looking forward to a refreshed Krebs and the guys on Wednesday. He looked good in the debut. Now he has had some time to learn the systems and start to develop some chemistry with linemates.

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

I broke down and got the AHL tv deal so I am looking forward to a refreshed Krebs and the guys on Wednesday. He looked good in the debut. Now he has had some time to learn the systems and start to develop some chemistry with linemates.

Are you a Sabres STHer? If you are AHL TV is free.

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Are you a Sabres STHer? If you are AHL TV is free.

Only to those that are actually paying for the full season this year.  Those deferring don't qualify.  The free Amerks package was the lagniappe for not having the Sabre Bucks worked out from the season opener.  AFAIK, they still haven't worked that out yet.

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Only to those that are actually paying for the full season this year.  Those deferring don't qualify.  The free Amerks package was the lagniappe for not having the Sabre Bucks worked out from the season opener.  AFAIK, they still haven't worked that out yet.

Ahhhh damn … yea I paid half down… And then decided to suspend my tickets until next year.

rs_480x270-151218092059-christmas_story_

35 minutes ago, K-9 said:

We are STHers and haven’t heard about this. How do we get it?

If you are full season STHers, you should've received an e-mail w/ instructions for how to activate the free subscription.  Your account rep can help you through it.

As stated above, they offered that because they weren't ready to be able to honor Sabrebuck payments when the season opened.

• Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

If you are full season STHers, you should've received an e-mail w/ instructions for how to activate the free subscription.  Your account rep can help you through it.

As stated above, they offered that because they weren't ready to be able to honor Sabrebuck payments when the season opened.

Do you know when they would have sent that out?

1 hour ago, SabresVet said:

3) There really aren't many big decisions left.  They've hired the coach, added front office personnel, made the trades we expected and not re-signed UFAs. Looking to the next off-season, he'll need to decide on a few UFAs and RFAs.  At this point it's when to promote (if suitable) certain kids in Rochester.

4) The Pegula's are an obstacle to success and we can only hope they sit in the back and stop meddling.  Can only hope Adams does not get sucked into their vortex of stupid. 

To the bolded:  You don't think those are big decisions?

To point number 4, I think the relationship between the Pegulas and Adams seems pretty solid, and they seem to be willing to listen to his hockey advice.

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

About 2 weeks ago. You don't have to do anything to get it. Just go to AHLTV site and use your Sabres login email and password and it will work. Once in you can change the password of you want.

And don't expect it to work the day you sign up for it.  It took a day for mine.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.