Jack Eichel and 2023 3rd Traded to Vegas for F Alex Tuch, C Peyton Krebs, 2022 1st Top Ten Protected and 2023 2nd

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Didn't VGK do a little recognition video of Tuch when they played in Vegas?  And he wasn't even one of their top-top players.

I can also see that being different; guy was traded away, as opposed to whatever you want to call Eichel's situation, hold-out/malcontent/forcing-a-trade. I can see it both ways, but personally bygones apply here and be pleasant to the former team Captain. Short highlights, "thanks for the memories, Jack, Let's Go Buffalo, beat Vegas" should do it. Some fans will hold a grudge, but there's no helping that.

1 hour ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

You’re right. We should welcome him back to the arena and shower him with cheers. Maybe make it “Jack Eichel appreciation night”. Or would that be too sad for you?

It wouldn’t be sad.  It would annoy me, what is there to celebrate about Eichel’s years as a Sabre?  I don’t have an emotional attachment to him.

I find it sad when people revel in hatred.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

That's an unusually optimistic take out of you.

Are you feeling okay?  😉

Didn't VGK do a little recognition video of Tuch when they played in Vegas?  And he wasn't even one of their top-top players.

I hate to say it every time I watch him I see a young blake wheeler.

If people don't remember wheeler was concerned a 3rd line player max he finally got the opportunity to be the "guy"  and now look at him 

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, inkman said:

I never want to hear about this guy ever again.  I care about him as much as I care about Anze Kopitar.  Which is not at all. I’m a fan of the Buffalo Sabres. I’m not some fanboi that gets all excited about young men.  Make him, this thread and the Vaggis nights disappear. 

Why keep coming to the thread lol honestly 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

I wanna go full "Jack Who?" and most of the time I am.

But his first night back in Buffalo is going to be painful.

it will start out with nice things in the media, but there will be enough fans like @Cal Naughton Jr in the house to give him a less than warm welcome and there will drama over a Terry-mandated half-assed or non-existent salute.

And Jack will get red-faced, and his very good team will be on, and he/they will cut through Cody Eakin and Dustin Tokarski and company like the tissue paper they are.

Then 10 years of pent-up anger over the unfulfilled promises of Terry Pegula will erupt across Sabre fandom as Jack rubs our faces in what should have been ours.

It's going to be ugly.

Sabres will probably win - it’s going to be “our Stanley cup”

Not a joke either - I think they’ll win.

Edited by Thorny
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

The buffalo medical staff can't be trusted .

I think by the time the need for surgery was apparent, Jack was already on his way out.  It's not that they couldn't be trusted, it's that they had no interest in doing a novel procedure on such a valuable asset that was going to be moved.  If things went badly with the surgery he would be devalued.  Let another team take that risk.  I see that as solid asset management.

• Like (+1) 6

31 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I hate to say it every time I watch him I see a young blake wheeler.

If people don't remember wheeler was concerned a 3rd line player max he finally got the opportunity to be the "guy"  and now look at him 

He’s not very good anymore and he’s got a terrible contract, but there were a few years there, ya 

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I never said i wanted blake wheeler just  Alex Tuch is the younger version 

I know, I was agreeing with you it’s a good hope, regardless of the likelihood. He’s 35 now so the drop off wouldn’t likely be close for TUUCH

Wheeler is such a curious case, he basically busted out in his late 20s. Very uncommon 

Edited by Thorny

28 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I think by the time the need for surgery was apparent, Jack was already on his way out.  It's not that they couldn't be trusted, it's that they had no interest in doing a novel procedure on such a valuable asset that was going to be moved.  If things went badly with the surgery he would be devalued.  Let another team take that risk.  I see that as solid asset management.

Some people can't accept this.

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Did you forget marchessault, karlsson, Callahan ,marchand

No, I didn’t say Wheeler was an anomaly, did I? I said it was very uncommon. 

I’m sorry, is your argument that the vast amount of data that shows it’s unusual for a player to reach their statistical prime in their late 20s is incorrect? 

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Did you forget marchessault, karlsson, Callahan ,marchand

I also missed the part where all those guys became 90 point players 

3 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

anyone (other than @inkman) watching Vegas tonight?

I’m watching, at least the first.  Hope he gets through it ok.  Though  rather not see him score 4 

that being said I’m extremely happy with Tuch and Krebs. The Sabres may be a better team after the trade, especially if the draft pick hits too 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.