GDT: Sabres at Red Wings, Thu., Sept 30 at 7:30 PM ET, WGR 550, Streaming on Sabres.com

Doohickie

4 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I would really like to see UPL take the jump from a lateral movement/control standpoint. That's always the hardest part of moving up to the NHL. 

They are some of the worst in the league. I remember one year driving to Ohio listening to a Wings game on the radio and we literally had no idea what was happening in the game. They were talking about food or something.

So, it was as if Schopp was doing the play by play?

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Flashsabre said:

Just a treat listening to the colour commentator ripping on the Sabres organization all period. I guess he doesn’t realize the Red Wings are a tire fire too.

True but I still have more faith in Yzerman than Adams. However... Detroits recent drafting is rough. I much prefer our 2021 draft to theirs. 

16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

these announcers are brutal homers. 

Yeah, they are, but almost all cities are the same.  Try listening to a Bruins broadcast, I don't say this lightly it is almost un-listenable to if you aren't a fan of the Bruins. Pittsburgh has a pretty hard broadcast to listen to also.

Even the Sabres are really homer-ish to an outsider.  On more than one occasion in the past few years I have had friends over from out of town with a Sabres game on TV and they quickly commented on how much of a homer Rick is.

You are playing to your audience.  Most fans don't want to hear the truth all the time, they WANT to hear how good their team is or that their team is 'better'.

Edited by mjd1001

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Thompson looks bad as always. 

Quinn is not NHL ready. He isn't reading plays fast enough even though I think he has the skill. 

Peterka is noticeable and when Poltapov gets here those 2 will be a disruptive force. 

Was Peterka projected to make the team or could this be a pleasant surprise?

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

who the ***** is Josh Bryson? 

Jacob it's Jacob you putz

He looks like a veteran. 

2 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Josh Bryson? Is that a Red Wings player?

I call him Shawn every now and then

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

Butcher has been a huge disappointment to me thus far; looks nothing like he did with NJ. Seems incompetent in his own zone.

Isn’t that why Lindy sat him in NJ?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.