What do you expect from: #24 Dylan Cozens?

dudacek

Which of these best describes what you think the Sabres will get from Cozens this year?   

55 members have voted

1. 1. Dylan Cozens

• An exciting breakout season, maybe 50 points and lots of effort and leadership
    • A step forward — some ups and downs, but 30-40 points and plenty of positive signs
    • Disappointment. He'll try too hard, and be asked to do too much and end up collapsing under the weight of expectations

32 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

This didn't age well.  And I'm glad it didn't.

It aged better than the "he needs to be in the AHL right ####ing now" posts we've seen.

And by the way, he stayed with the linemates I wanted him to stay with.  How did the "he needs to have Girgensons & Okposo as linemates" posts age?

• Thanks (+1) 1

I like to track him against Mark Scheifele sometimes as I saw a lot of him over here as he came along. Both 6'3, right shot, 7th overall centres. Coming along at about the same rate: his d+3 year, Mark had a .54 points per games played. Cozens, right now in his d+3 year is sitting at a .53 points per games played.

Mark Scheifele is a really good player and I'll take quite a bit of enjoyment for as long as Cozens O-numbers run parallel to him as, Cozens is probably already (more likely, soon to be) a better defensive player than Scheifele is. That's the big difference I see - Cozens is a two-way player and Scheifele is often a defensive liability. 

Currently, Scheifele is in 2nd last as far as team relative plus minus goes, to @pi2000's metric 

Cozens, to be fair, is dead last on the Sabres right now in this category, but he's in his first full season, really, and Scheifele is going on 29

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SwampD said:

How is a 20 yo who has played only 56 games not a prospect?

Is it because we know he’s going to be good?

It's moved towards more of a 21 and under type deal of late but I remember a lot of people used to say, once you complete your NHL rookie season, you aren't a "prospect" anymore. You are an NHL professional. 

Of course in any literal use of the term, he's still definitely a prospective talent 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, inkman said:

I suspect him Mitts and Dahlin will all challenge for the teams leading scorer as the season winds down. 

Mitts will have to get hot then.

Tage is likely to lead in goals, assuming he keeps on playing well.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.