Sabres Pick #95: Josh Bloom (LW)

LGR4GM

• LGR4GM changed the title to Sabres Pick #95: Josh Bloom (LW)
7 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

CHL in late round?  Narratives shatatatatataterrdd

Not drafting a CHL player in 4 straight drafts in rounds 2-7 is not a narrative, it's something that happened that was unique in the NHL during that timeframe. unique by a lot. 

Frankly refreshing to see both the russian and CHL BIAS finished in this draft. That's the biggest positive I've seen 

• Like (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, inkman said:

Does he punch people in the face?

He tries

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Would love to say something about Josh Bloom but he is super young for the draft and didnt play last year. Really hard to say much about the OHL guys.

30th pick in his OHL draft. Compared himself to ..gulp.. Taylor Hall 😕

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Would love to say something about Josh Bloom but he is super young for the draft and didnt play last year. Really hard to say much about the OHL guys.

I was really hoping they'd buck that CHL avoidance this year cause in theory it should lead to a chance for a big steal for the reason you just mentioned, right? We are in crapshoot territory anyways so maybe you hit on a guy who would have gone way higher if there was more certainty with the league. of course, he could have gone lower, but like I said these picks are darts anyways. 

Just now, Thorny said:

I was really hoping they'd buck that CHL avoidance this year cause in theory it should lead to a chance for a big steal for the reason you just mentioned, right? We are in crapshoot territory anyways so maybe you hit on a guy who would have gone way higher if there was more certainty with the league. of course, he could have gone lower, but like I said these picks are darts anyways. 

Only thing I found on Bloom was from November of 2019 where his skating was questioned and he needed to play with more pace. 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Maybe they are taking some dart throws. This draft was considered a crap shoot anyways, shoot your shot. 

They may feel like they know a guy better than other people do, maybe they have been training with a program familiar to the team or scouts?

Avg fans don't know what goes on behind the scenes no matter how much knowledge they have or research they do. 

This is about taking a kid who missed a year due to COVID because he was a stud in midget.

Similar numbers in the Greater Toronto league to 1st-rounders Zach Dean and Wyatt Johnson, but struggled in his rookie OHL season. Would have had been heavily scouted this year to see is he had progressed.

Power forward type who can skate and score from what I gather.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

This is about taking a kid who missed a year due to COVID because he was a stud in midget.

Similar numbers in the Greater Toronto league to 1st-rounders Zach Dean and Wyatt Johnson, but struggled in his rookie OHL season. Would have had been heavily scouted this year to see is he had progressed.

Power forward type who can skate and score from what I gather.

Very prevalent theme...the thinking that something is missing they feel probably only is for incidental/negligible reasons they feel presents the potential for value in the selections