Sabres Pick #95: Josh Bloom (LW)

LGR4GM

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What centers? They have Cozens. 

Sure let's count Mitts. So for 4 center spots they have 2 guys. For 3 lhd spots they have 5 guys

Not just about quantity either - more crucial is the top flight prospect. 3rd line C is easy to fill with whichever of the three doesn't pan out as top 6 material. If you just acquire a couple "maybe" top 6 guys you still run a risk of positions being inadequately filled. 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Not just about quantity either - more crucial is the top flight prospect. 3rd line C is easy to fill with whichever of the three doesn't pan out as top 6 material. If you just acquire a couple "maybe" top 6 guys you still run a risk of positions being inadequately filled. 

Although he moved to wing in recent years, couldn’t Girgensons fill the fourth line spot?

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Would love to say something about Josh Bloom but he is super young for the draft and didnt play last year. Really hard to say much about the OHL guys.

Took a shot on a guy who they probably think developed a lot, but didn’t play games to shoe it in.

3 hours ago, SDS said:

Although he moved to wing in recent years, couldn’t Girgensons fill the fourth line spot?

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

After seeing Reinhart successfully switch back (pour one out) I don't see why not

Didn't he play a little center under the Coach I Shall Not Name?

26 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Gonna have to narrow it down

The one I assigned the F-word to as his middle name.

23 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Remember when Girgensons took out our young to-be star Jack Eichel? Outlasted him in the end, looks like 

Finish Him GIF by memecandy

• Haha (+1) 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/24/2021 at 5:39 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

I see you didn't mention the centers. 

Krebs/Cozens/Mitt/Tage/Arttu. No question that these players are not fully developed but that's not a bad starting point to work with for the next couple of years. In the next draft the Sabres will have three first round picks. It wouldn't be surprising that at least one top-tier center prospect will be added to the system. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Krebs/Cozens/Mitt/Tage/Arttu. No question that these players are not fully developed but that's not a bad starting point to work with for the next couple of years. In the next draft the Sabres will have three first round picks. It wouldn't be surprising that at least one top-tier center prospect will be added to the system. 

Matthew. Savoie.

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...