What jersey to wear?

GoPre

A relatively pointless, middle of summer post.... 😂
Tomorrow, a conference is being held in Biloxi, Mississippi to announce the hosting of three minor league games for the 2021-22 season.  The hope is a new franchise will be set for Biloxi in 2022.  People are being asked to attend the conference in NHL jerseys.    
I’m excited hockey may be coming back to the coast.  Biloxi hasn’t had a team since 2014 with the Mississippi Surge.  Prior to that, Biloxi had the Mississippi Seawolves.  The team was fairly popular on the coast.  Bruce Boudreaux was head coach when they won the Kelly Cup in 1999. 
Any how, debating what jersey I’ll wear to the conference.  A home Eichel jersey from 2017, black goat jersey from 1999, or my own personalized home jersey from 2018.  Considering not wearing an Eichel jersey due to things not looking so good for him and Buffalo.  What do you guys think? 

1 hour ago, GoPre said:

A relatively pointless, middle of summer post.... 😂
Tomorrow, a conference is being held in Biloxi, Mississippi to announce the hosting of three minor league games for the 2021-22 season.  The hope is a new franchise will be set for Biloxi in 2022.  People are being asked to attend the conference in NHL jerseys.    
I’m excited hockey may be coming back to the coast.  Biloxi hasn’t had a team since 2014 with the Mississippi Surge.  Prior to that, Biloxi had the Mississippi Seawolves.  The team was fairly popular on the coast.  Bruce Boudreaux was head coach when they won the Kelly Cup in 1999. 
Any how, debating what jersey I’ll wear to the conference.  A home Eichel jersey from 2017, black goat jersey from 1999, or my own personalized home jersey from 2018.  Considering not wearing an Eichel jersey due to things not looking so good for him and Buffalo.  What do you guys think? 

Go with the goat. A grown man shouldn't wear another mans name on his back. 

• Like (+1) 3

Goatheads rule.

I'm always amazed how well minor hockey does in some southern markets. I happen to have a collection of ECHL team jerseys: Macon Whoopee, Greenville Growl, Grand Rapids Griffins, New Orleans Brass, Manchester Monarchs, Cincinnati Cyclones.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Goatheads rule.

I'm always amazed how well minor hockey does in some southern markets. I happen to have a collection of ECHL team jerseys: Macon Whoopee, Greenville Growl, Grand Rapids Griffins, New Orleans Brass, Manchester Monarchs, Cincinnati Cyclones.

They come for the AC.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Goatheads rule.

I have a friend who played for the original Macon Whoopees in 73-74.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, French Collection said:

I have a friend who played for the original Macon Whoopees in 73-74.

I very well may have seen your friend play.  I lived in Winston-Salem (NC) then and was a big Polar Twins fan.  The Polar Twins wore all yellow at home: jerseys, pants and socks - all yellow, and they looked pretty cool!  There were apparently no limits on stick curves in that league also.  I was too young to get the Macon Whoopee underlying reference, but who cares?  It was a blast!

Alright people - Thanks again for the suggestions of what jersey to wear!  I went this afternoon to the conference.  It’s exciting Biloxi might be getting a hockey team again.  Here’s a pic of me in a goat head jersey.  Figured I’d show a pic of me being the only person there w/ a Sabres jersey on!! 😂

28D7187B-CFD2-4851-8855-6286B0AAD6DC.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.