Can we get rid of the rocket ships and return to the old avatar format please?

Eleven

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Some people like chocolate while others like vanilla. I liked the "doink". Personal preferences usually can't be explained. I have nothing but admiration for @SDS because on his own time he provides a service that will never satisfy everyone. I thank him and salute him for his efforts. 🍺

image.png.3ab9fad5f121627a52329977115bbcfb.png

• Haha (+1) 1

I like it.  It's clean and neat and I don't really notice the rocket thingie.

The only thing I noted in the Randomer Thread was that I still rather be in Sarajevo, or Istanbul (not Constantinople) since that feature went away in the upgrade.

I also want to thank @SDS for all that you do to keep us distacted for a while from the rigours of life.

10 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Not only is the rocket ship cool, but I’d like to see planets, moons, supernovas, robots, satellites, comets, meteors, and Wookiees,

Let’s not get too carried away here.  1 is plenty.

So there’s a difference between making an object bold or a different color and going in to change the templates. Changing the template is a bit of a pain. Not exactly knowing how the system changed under the hood, I don’t even know what I would be changing in the first place. 

with that said, right now I would be looking for icons to represent all of the different levels. Right now it’s a rocket ship for everything, but unfortunately I don’t know what a prospect or a fourth line icon looks like compared to a Hall of Fame icon.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Thanks SDS. What about the other stuff that used to be there, like slogans and + points for reactions received?

They removed it from the templates and I don’t know if they removed it all together or if it’s someplace else. I just saw that things were different and said crap because I didn’t have time to dig into the details.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SDS said:

So there’s a difference between making an object bold or a different color and going in to change the templates. Changing the template is a bit of a pain. Not exactly knowing how the system changed under the hood, I don’t even know what I would be changing in the first place. 

with that said, right now I would be looking for icons to represent all of the different levels. Right now it’s a rocket ship for everything, but unfortunately I don’t know what a prospect or a fourth line icon looks like compared to a Hall of Fame icon.

Droids...   Prospect = mouse droid. Hall of Famer = R2 and C-3PO.  Or ships: Prospect = Naboo starfighter.  Hall of Famer = X-wing (original). I can provide a full list of either with a little effort.

Mod shield icon = Death Star.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SDS said:

Presuming you wouldn't have copyright issues (which is likely a bad presumption), the classic logo would be tops, followed by a b&g Shatanic Goat Head, followed by a b&g B with a sword through it. 

The absolute bottom rung would be the Barney Rubble hair piece.  Nobody wants that.  😉

Could add a couple more between the B w/ sword & the slug if necessary.  Blue S w/ sword & Sabretooth come to mind.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SDS said:

Despite no one bothering to ask why, I’ll answer the obvious question anyway.

The change is a result of an update I did a couple days ago and in that update they revamped their awards system. Because of that, they changed the stock design template and right now there is a rocket ship as a generic icon for all levels.

I was unaware that this would be changed and it will take time for me to customize it.

I wondered about the rocket ship.  I figured I missed the explanation or notice.  Thanks. 

14 hours ago, SDS said:

Despite no one bothering to ask why, I’ll answer the obvious question anyway.

The change is a result of an update I did a couple days ago and in that update they revamped their awards system. Because of that, they changed the stock design template and right now there is a rocket ship as a generic icon for all levels.

I was unaware that this would be changed and it will take time for me to customize it.

Makes me glad that I just stumbled across the thread a few minutes ago, instead of when it got started. BTW, The Far Side reference was brilliant! How that didn't scream Captain Obvious after you posted that is beyond me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.