Prediction time: will Eichel be traded by the draft, which is on Friday, July 23?

nfreeman

Will they or won't they?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Will Eichel be traded by the end of the first round of the NHL draft -- July 23?

• Yes
    • No

10 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Please forgive me, Mr. Grumpy!  I thought the poll was worthwhile.  Do you not find the results interesting?

To be honest, not at all. I could not care less what you think or anyone else in this specific matter, this is pathetic.

Edit: But hey, were all entitled to opnion, im just grumpy. 

Edited by MODO Hockey

14 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Please forgive me, Mr. Grumpy!  I thought the poll was worthwhile.  Do you not find the results interesting?

In all fairness, I was having a conversation with a marketing research guy who said that all polls with less than 400 participants are meaningless. Apparently under 400 is too small of a sample size to draw any kind of meaningful conclusions. But here, it's entertainment.

14 minutes ago, Kong said:

In all fairness, I was having a conversation with a marketing research guy who said that all polls with less than 400 participants are meaningless. Apparently under 400 is too small of a sample size to draw any kind of meaningful conclusions. But here, it's entertainment.

Apples to Oranges.  This isn’t a wide ranging marketing poll.

It doesn’t need 400 responses, it just needs a good percentage of the people who regularly use SabreSpace.

Mods, how many people use SabreSpace on a weekly basis?  Anyone have that info?

• Like (+1) 1

I voted No.  I think that GMs want assurance on that neck before they unload a boatload of assets.  Eichel’s injury and recovery status are not known.  KA must hold out until he gets a fair return.  No Pegula manufactured timelines please.  

If the trade happens by the draft then I worry that one of these equitable trade packages dreamed about on Sabrespace do not happen.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/9/2021 at 3:05 PM, New Scotland (NS) said:

No.

I think that calmer heads on both sides will prevail.

I predict that neither Jack, nor Samson, are traded for many years to come.  I won't say never, because I can only think of one career Sabre that had a very long career with the team.

Only one, who?

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I voted No.  I think that GMs want assurance on that neck before they unload a boatload of assets.  Eichel’s injury and recovery status are not known.  KA must hold out until he gets a fair return.  No Pegula manufactured timelines please.  

If the trade happens by the draft then I worry that one of these equitable trade packages dreamed about on Sabrespace do not happen.  

The trade would literally have to happen by the NHL draft for any of the equitable trade packages to be there. Almost all of them involve a 2021 1st round pick. 

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The trade would literally have to happen by the NHL draft for any of the equitable trade packages to be there. Almost all of them involve a 2021 1st round pick. 

Yes, in the Sabrespace and media definition of what is equitable.   Other GMs may agree to part with a high value draft selection such as 3OA or 8OA or whatever, but the rest of the trade bounty will be reduced if they do.  For example we won’t get Zegras and 3OA, or Byfield and 8OA, if Eichel’s injury recovery status is not clear.  I think there is a lot of wishful thinking out there.  

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Yes, in the Sabrespace and media definition of what is equitable.   Other GMs may agree to part with a high value draft selection such as 3OA or 8OA or whatever, but the rest of the trade bounty will be reduced if they do.  For example we won’t get Zegras and 3OA, or Byfield and 8OA, if Eichel’s injury recovery status is not clear.  I think there is a lot of wishful thinking out there.  

We're not getting Byfield or zegras anyways

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Really?

You drafted him as the first ever Sabre.

Well yes, Gil Perreault.  There was also Craig Ramsay and Bill Hajt, both also drafted by Punch, that played their entire career in Buffalo. I think that is the entire list.  

After that, Mike Ramsey, Rob Ray, Dave Andreychuck, are among the top in games played as a Sabre, although they all played elsewhere.  

First Sabre:   Actually Joe Daley, a goalie, was the first ever Sabre.   Tom Webster was the first pick in the entry draft, and promptly shipped out to Detroit for Roger Crozier.  Punch took care of goalie first.  Expansion teams had no chance without good goaltending.  

You listening KA?  

• Like (+1) 4

35 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Well yes, Gil Perreault.  There was also Craig Ramsay and Bill Hajt, both also drafted by Punch, that played their entire career in Buffalo. I think that is the entire list.  

After that, Mike Ramsey, Rob Ray, Dave Andreychuck, are among the top in games played as a Sabre, although they all played elsewhere.  

First Sabre:   Actually Joe Daley, a goalie, was the first ever Sabre.   Tom Webster was the first pick in the entry draft, and promptly shipped out to Detroit for Roger Crozier.  Punch took care of goalie first.  Expansion teams had no chance without good goaltending.  

You listening KA?  

You are correct about Rammer and Bill.

Was not @tom webster sellected in the Expansion Draft? And traded right away.  I know I should never question Punch, but that is my memory of those events.

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Morris Titanic also played his entire NHL career as a Sabre. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

You are correct about Rammer and Bill.

Was not @tom webster sellected in the Expansion Draft? And traded right away.  I know I should never question Punch, but that is my memory of those events.

Yes, Webster in the expansion draft, not the entry draft.  I bungled the words. Lol 😂 

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Morris Titanic also played his entire NHL career as a Sabre. 😉

Yes, all 19 games, which was 19 more than Jiri Dudacek.    I saw Titanic play a few times, he looked big and kind of slow, but he had a promising first season in the AHL with Cincinnati.  

A serious knee injury ended any chance he had.

20 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Yes, all 19 games, which was 19 more than Jiri Dudacek.    I saw Titanic play a few times, he looked big and kind of slow, but he had a promising first season in the AHL with Cincinnati.  

A serious knee injury ended any chance he had.

I always remember his stat line...

19GP 0G 0A

...but i don’t recall the bad knee injury. I just remembered him as a #1 pick who didn’t cut it.  Thanks for the Titanic Tidbit. 👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I always remember his stat line...

19GP 0G 0A

...but i don’t recall the bad knee injury. I just remembered him as a #1 pick who didn’t cut it.  Thanks for the Titanic Tidbit. 👍

Pity for him he didn't wear 98 or 99.  😉

On 7/10/2021 at 1:40 PM, Hoss said:

He hasn’t done it yet with the Clippers, those are just reports at this point. It seems like he was pretty spot on with the Spurs (though he was very good with the Raptors trainers and still left so I’m not sure how honest he was being).

His representatives quarreled with the Spurs for months about how to treat his quad injury.  Kawhi himself stayed silent and the relationship deteriorated quickly.   

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.