Prediction time: will Eichel be traded by the draft, which is on Friday, July 23?

nfreeman

Will they or won't they?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Will Eichel be traded by the end of the first round of the NHL draft -- July 23?

• Yes
    • No

I think he will be traded but it’s hard to speculate when because there are multiple variables at play. I do sincerely hope all three (Jack, Sam and Risto) are moved out; it could be therapeutic to get rid of the malcontents and it will also feel like we finally turned the page from building off the tank fruit. Some might take issue with me calling them malcontents, but fair or not, they now fit the description.

We’ll still have a meddling owner and a franchise that can’t draft well, but that and DG could be a good new starting point. Just give us a hard working team that isn’t miserable. 

• Like (+1) 1

Eichel’s public bad act is a cancer… If Adams can’t trade him, he should rip the “C” from his sweater and send him home… No place for him in Buffalo… He gave up on us… Keep the loser off the ice and out of the locker room… away from the young core of the future… 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, gilbert11 said:

I say he won’t be traded until there’s a clearer picture regarding his injury and I don’t think that’ll be before 7/23.

You’re probably right because if KA screws up the Eichel trade he is toast. It’s safer for KA to hold out. 

8 hours ago, Hoss said:

The trade freeze runs from the 17th (next Saturday) to the 22nd (the following Thursday - day before the NHL draft).

Can deals be made on the 22nd? 

- - -

Starting to think this drags past the draft. As for Eichel’s demeanour that people are taking issue with: it’s ridiculously tame relative to what we’ve seen from other athletes - It’s most like Kawhi actually. And two, I’d probably act like that too if I became aware it was the rookie GM’s mission to trade me as I was somehow responsible for the ineptitude of the franchise since drafted. He’s being scapegoated at best and used as a tool to pave Adams’ long rebuild at worst 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Thorny said:

- - -

Starting to think this drags past the draft. As for Eichel’s demeanour that people are taking issue with: it’s ridiculously tame relative to what we’ve seen from other athletes - It’s most like Kawhi actually. And two, I’d probably act like that too if I became aware it was the rookie GM’s mission to trade me as I was somehow responsible for the ineptitude of the franchise since drafted. He’s being scapegoated at best and used as a tool to pave Adams’ long rebuild at worst 

Deals can be made on the 22nd, yes.

My gut feeling on this remains that a deal does NOT get done and not because it shouldn’t. It’s a perfect mix of a low-character player with injury problems who should fetch a lot but has done enough on his own to tank his own value coupled with an inexperienced GM and front office who can’t navigate the complicated situation. It will stretch out into next offseason when, after another brutal season, Eichel will take advantage of his NMC to control the market and get even less than the team would right now.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Deals can be made on the 22nd, yes.

My gut feeling on this remains that a deal does NOT get done and not because it shouldn’t. It’s a perfect mix of a low-character player with injury problems who should fetch a lot but has done enough on his own to yank his own value coupled with an experienced GM and front office who can’t navigate the complicated situation. It will stretch out into next offseason when, after another brutal season, Eichel will take advantage of his NMC to control the market and get even less than the team would right now.

Low character player? Based on a single press conference? This talk was nowhere 21 Jack Eichel games ago 

Remember all those clips of Eichel coaching up Dahlin on the bench, and consoling him after a loss? 

This is going too far 

Jack is also not “yanking” his own value: that wouldn’t even be beneficial for him if he was looking to get out, would it? He has a preferred course of injury treatment, that’s pretty much what he’s doing that may cause some teams to balk

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

There’s no way anyone watched those clips I posted of Jack’s post game interview demeanour after losses last season lol.

He was mature and captain-like, something we all commented on all season long, how much he was growing. It’s just forgotten now because of “..or wherever that may be.” 

@dudacekwas right weeks ago when he said the comments were a reflection of KA making his plan clear to him 

• Thanks (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Low character player? Based on a single press conference? This talk was nowhere 21 Jack Eichel games ago 

Remember all those clips of Eichel coaching up Dahlin on the bench, and consoling him after a loss? 

This is going too far 

Jack is also not “yanking” his own value: that wouldn’t even be beneficial for him if he was looking to get out, would it? He has a preferred course of injury treatment, that’s pretty much what he’s doing that may cause some teams to balk

The talk of Jack not being great in the locker room has existed for years and while I think some of it is just being on a garbage team for this long it’s certainly there. He’s not intentionally tanking it and the injury situation isn’t his fault but both his words and his injury have done the trick.

What the truth is on his attitude almost doesn’t matter because perception is enough to hinder the trade.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hoss said:

The talk of Jack not being great in the locker room has existed for years and while I think some of it is just being on a garbage team for this long it’s certainly there. He’s not intentionally tanking it and the injury situation isn’t his fault but both his words and his injury have done the trick.

What the truth is on his attitude almost doesn’t matter because perception is enough to hinder the trade.

We really here? The “talk” of Eichel in the locker room? Like the talk around Reinhart being a bad apple? And ROR being a cancer in said room? 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Thorny said:

We really here? The “talk” of Eichel in the locker room? Like the talk around Reinhart being a bad apple? And ROR being a cancer in said room? 

There’s a stench that needs to be eradicated. It’s probably not the players.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Believer said:

Eichel’s public bad act is a cancer… If Adams can’t trade him, he should rip the “C” from his sweater and send him home… No place for him in Buffalo… He gave up on us… Keep the loser off the ice and out of the locker room… away from the young core of the future… 

Wowser!!

And you call yourself @Believer ...

😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Wowser!!

And you call yourself @Believer ...

😉

Usernames can mean lots of things. But even if the poster is a Believer in the Buffalo Sabres, it doesn't require fealty to Jack Eichel, Terry Pegula or any other human being who currently populates the franchise. Just like belief in country would not require loyalty to Congress or the president.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Usernames can mean lots of things. But even if the poster is a Believer in the Buffalo Sabres, it doesn't require fealty to Jack Eichel, Terry Pegula or any other human being who currently populates the franchise. Just like belief in country would not require loyalty to Congress or the president.

I understand that, but I am not sure what the basis for the tirade is and think it's a bit over the top.

6 hours ago, Thorny said:

- - -

You’re right on with the Kawhi comparison, who did it first with San Antonio and now again with the Clippers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gilbert11 said:

You’re right on with the Kawhi comparison, who did it first with San Antonio and now again with the Clippers.

He hasn’t done it yet with the Clippers, those are just reports at this point. It seems like he was pretty spot on with the Spurs (though he was very good with the Raptors trainers and still left so I’m not sure how honest he was being).

17 minutes ago, Hoss said:

He hasn’t done it yet with the Clippers, those are just reports at this point. It seems like he was pretty spot on with the Spurs (though he was very good with the Raptors trainers and still left so I’m not sure how honest he was being).

He never really wanted to stay with Toronto.  After winning there it sealed it that he was going home to LA to bring a championship to the other LA team.

The trainers were great in Toronto and Kawhi loved to 'load management' strategy and it worked very well.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, I-90 W said:

I think he will be traded but it’s hard to speculate when because there are multiple variables at play. I do sincerely hope all three (Jack, Sam and Risto) are moved out; it could be therapeutic to get rid of the malcontents and it will also feel like we finally turned the page from building off the tank fruit. Some might take issue with me calling them malcontents, but fair or not, they now fit the description.

We’ll still have a meddling owner and a franchise that can’t draft well, but that and DG could be a good new starting point. Just give us a hard working team that isn’t miserable. 

You're still building off tank fruit. Trading Eichel will just start a trade tree back to the tank. 

13 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

These threads with Jack is fkn pathetic.. 

Can we have ONE THREAD? pls. jesus

Hey! What's Eklund and why should we draft him?!?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.