Prediction time: will Eichel be traded by the draft, which is on Friday, July 23?

nfreeman

Will they or won't they?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Will Eichel be traded by the end of the first round of the NHL draft -- July 23?

• Yes
    • No

18 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Has Terry set a deadline?

I do think he's traded by the draft.

Afawk, no there was no specific deadline added by ownership.  But the Sabres will find more value to say pick 3 OA if there are still an entire draft pool minus 2 picks rather than knowing that pick became Beniers or Clarke or whomever.  (It keeps the value if that is the guy the Sabres wanted with it, but it has less value if the guy that was picked there isn't the one the Sabres would've taken there.)

So, there is a defacto time limit (2 actually) - prior to the Seattle draft, which is a soft limit, & prior to the pick is used at/prior to the entry draft, which is a hard limit for making the trade this off-season (presuming a pick will be part of the return).

Edited by Taro T

To maximize the return I think the Sabres should table Eichel's trade until he is able to play. If that means sitting him for 2021-22, so be it. Otherwise, we get Danny O'Regan back. So no, IMO he won't be traded now.

• Haha (+1) 1

I wonder how much trading one of Reinhart or Eichel makes sweetens the pot for the other.  If someone lands Reinhart, do their rivals say, "dag nab it, now I have to seriously add to my offer for Eichel or I will get left in the dust."  (Not that they would use something out of a 1930's Bosko cartoon.)

2 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I wonder how much trading one of Reinhart or Eichel makes sweetens the pot for the other.  If someone lands Reinhart, do their rivals say, "dag nab it, now I have to seriously add to my offer for Eichel or I will get left in the dust."  (Not that they would use something out of a 1930's Bosko cartoon.)

I could see a team that doesn’t get Eichel, going harder after Reinhart, but I’m not sure about the reverse.  I think teams are probably into Eichel, or they aren’t.  Missing out on Reinhart isn’t going to make them into Eichel. 

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I suspect that I am one of the very few fans (maybe the only one) that thinks it is a big mistake to trade Jack.  And Sam.  I would trade Risto.

I think you're far from alone in that belief. I'd put it at 50/50 really.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I voted no.

I suspect that I am one of the very few fans (maybe the only one) that thinks it is a big mistake to trade Jack.  And Sam.  I would trade Risto.

So, my no vote is not exactly in answer to the question posed, but NO!!

Just now, WildCard said:

I think you're far from alone in that belief. I'd put it at 50/50 really.

Might be good for another poll.

I’d say a good 2/3rds are against dealing him, it’s just that most of us accept it’s going to happen and are so deadened by losing to put up much of a fight.

What @New Scotland (NS) is seeing apathy, not support.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I voted no.

So, my no vote is not exactly in answer to the question posed, but NO!!

Dude!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Jack is traded on draft day.  Risto traded on expansion draft day.

Sam is 50/50 to return.

Trades aren’t allowed on expansion draft day unless you mean he’s dealt in an expansion deal prior to the deadline. There’s a trade freeze in place on expansion draft day.

12 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Must be more surprised now. I am 

I think some of the no voters are like me, you and many others, who have no option in this poll to express that they believe that Jack will not be traded.

Granted some think that the trade will happen later in the summer.

8 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I think some of the no voters are like me, you and many others, who have no option in this poll to express that they believe that Jack will not be traded.

Granted some think that the trade will happen later in the summer.

Oh, he's gone 

Didn't vote yet though. I dunno it it'll be before the draft

p-diddy is already on my case

Edited by Thorny

8 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Okay, but I have a gut feeling that he will not be.  Same for Sam.

It would admittedly be pretty cool to look back on today, a little less than a year from now, as we are clinching the final playoff spot off a powerplay goal from Dylan Cozens, after cleaning up the mess in front courtesy a Yeichel ripper from the left dot that was too hard for Jack Campbell to handle. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Thanks (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Trades aren’t allowed on expansion draft day unless you mean he’s dealt in an expansion deal prior to the deadline. There’s a trade freeze in place on expansion draft day.

Don’t harsh my buzz, man.

• Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Very well played

I can sooner get my pop culture references off on this website than twitter, where my references are seemingly 1-2 generations too late and no longer relevant in the pop culture sphere 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.