If Eichel is traded, what is your desired package?

#freejame

Eichel trade possibilities   

32 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think Jack Eichel is worth on the trade market

• Top-5 NHL prospect, 2 top-5 team prospect, roster player, 1st round pick
    • Top-5 NHL prospect, 2 top-5 team prospect, roster player
    • Top-5 NHL prospect, 2 top-5 team prospect, roster player, cap dump
    • Top-5 NHL prospect, top-5 team prospect, roster player, 1st round pick
    • Top-5 NHL prospect, top-5 team prospect, roster player, 1st round pick, cap dump
    • Top-5 NHL prospect, top-5 team prospect, roster player, cap dump
    • Top-5 NHL prospect, top-5 team prospect, roster player
    • "Hockey Trade"
    • Other
  2. 2. What do you think Jack Eichel would fetch in a trade?

• Top-5 NHL prospect, 2 top-5 team prospect, roster player, 1st round pick
    • Top-5 NHL prospect, 2 top-5 team prospect, roster player
    • Top-5 NHL prospect, 2 top-5 team prospect, roster player, cap dump
    • Top-5 NHL prospect, 2 top-5 team prospect, roster player, cap dump, 1st round pick
    • Top-5 NHL prospect, top-5 team prospect, roster player, 1st round pick
    • Top-5 NHL prospect, top-5 team prospect, roster player, 1st round pick, cap dump
    • Top-5 NHL prospect, top-5 team prospect, roster player, cap dump
    • Top-5 NHL prospect, top-5 team prospect, roster player
    • "Hockey Trade'
    • Other

I do not want to trade Jack Eichel but I think he will be traded.

My ideal return would contain a 4-star centre entering or in his prime, like a Schiefele, a 5-star prospect like an Lafreniere and two other potentially useful young pieces like Jokiharju or a Thompson. We won’t get that.

My hoped-for realistic return is a good to very good established NHLer and at least two good prospects/young players/high picks - Boldy/Rossi/Dumba or Tkachuk/Zary/1st.

My realistic fear is at least one of those pieces is lesser: Boldy/2nd/Dumba or Monahan/Zary/1st. Or that he becomes a Ranger or King for five pieces that don’t project above a mid-roster player.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't really want a "roster player" unless it's a very good one like a Tkachuk or a Schiefele so I go with the guideline of the old offer signing rules so 4 1sts. In this case we don't want to wait all those years so I'd say 2 top prospects like Turcotte and Byfield for example and 2 additional non conditional 1st rounders. 

One of those picks for Bedard's year cause, well, you never knowm Eichel might ruin the team he goes to and it's worth the gamble. 

• #freejame changed the title to If Eichel is traded, what is your desired package?
7 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Eichel is injured, and won't be traded 

There I made the wording even clearer for you. Nothing here asks if Eichel will be traded. It’s what do YOU think he’s worth and what do you think the LEAGUE thinks he’s worth. If your answer is Eichel is worthless, then I don’t know what to tell you. 

6 hours ago, Zamboni said:

The correct answer is … no one knows.

You should know what you want in return for Jack Eichel and should be able to form an opinion on how much of that he will receive. Obviously nobody knows, I am gauging Eichel’s value among people on the board. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Anything but a grab bag of futures. Likely that's any kind of package where the best asset we get back is a Turcotte-ish player.

The trade with the best current player we can get back is the deal I want if he absolutely must be moved

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

Real life:

Best case: the other team's #2C before the trade, 2 prospects at most a year away from breaking into the league, and a couple of conditional picks depending on Eichel's performance.

Worst case: grab-bag of futures, cap dump.

• Like (+1) 1

I continue to maintain that almost no one (maybe literally no one, but certainly not nobody, who never posts here anymore) is thinking about whether these "top" players are good fits for this challenging hockey atmosphere. Adams and Granato have hinted at it. Hall's a top player, he's proving it in Boston. He couldn't hack it in Buffalo. We can impugne his character, but what if his reaction to being here is common? Find me three or four good hockey players who want to skate into hell and help carry the franchise and the fans out of it. I'm OK with losing the trade on paper.

• Like (+1) 7

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I continue to maintain that almost no one (maybe literally no one, but certainly not nobody, who never posts here anymore) is thinking about whether these "top" players are good fits for this challenging hockey atmosphere. Adams and Granato have hinted at it. Hall's a top player, he's proving it in Boston. He couldn't hack it in Buffalo. We can impugne his character, but what if his reaction to being here is common? Find me three or four good hockey players who want to skate into hell and help carry the franchise and the fans out of it. I'm OK with losing the trade on paper.

We'll have no idea whether the players we have brought in have the character to get it done until they actually reach a talent tipping point. 

Mark Messier would "suck" on this team. This isn't about creating culture, it's about winning hockey games and until they competently fill out the roster to adequate standards the culture and character of these players is a significantly inferior variable. 

Just need to keep going back to the ROR comparison because it's just such a microcosm for so much - he was a guy who "wasn't a good fit" and he's a Conn Smythe winner, now. The problem isn't the players we are asking to fit, it's what we are asking them to fit into. 

If ROR didn't "fit" here, the issue is Here. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

This is the wisdom I wanted to state, but could not elucidate properly.  We will not win the trade for Eichel (or Reinhart, for that matter) on paper.  I accept that as fact and look for what I can get.

It is why I keep saying that we could get some good players buried in their system and looking for a break.  The #2C who gets bumped because he's now overpriced as a #3C but thinks he could be a low-end #1C.  Guys who play their total games and are disciplined regardless of the situation on the ice.  These are eminently obtainable players in any trade.

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

12 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

This is the wisdom I wanted to state, but could not elucidate properly.  We will not win the trade for Eichel (or Reinhart, for that matter) on paper.  I accept that as fact and look for what I can get.

It is why I keep saying that we could get some good players buried in their system and looking for a break.  The #2C who gets bumped because he's now overpriced as a #3C but thinks he could be a low-end #1C.  Guys who play their total games and are disciplined regardless of the situation on the ice.  These are eminently obtainable players in any trade.

I think you guys might be more in tune with what Adams is thinking: type trumping talent.

His ideal trade might be getting a Peca, McKee and Warrener for a Mogilny.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think you guys might be more in tune with what Adams is thinking: type trumping talent.

His ideal trade might be Peca, McKee and Warrener for Mogilny.

Oh, that's definitely what he's thinking. (well, at least what the players he'll acquire will potentially be, in a few years down the line)

I'm surprised his comments about how we've had the talent, what's missing is the mindset didn't get more play around here. Does ANYONE think we've had enough talent? If KA actually thinks that, isn't he inarguably wrong?

Like, scary wrong?

Edited by Thorny

6 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

I don't think you're getting a top 5 prospect in the NHL.  I think its likely - a top 5 prospect on the team, a roster center, a 1st round pick or two, and probably another roster player to make dollars work for a year.  

Logically though, a top 5 prospect in the NHL should be on the table.

Eichel is in the early stages of his prime. If they hit their absolute ceiling, Zegras or Byfield may still not be as good as Jack is proven to be.There is also a pretty good chance they end up Phil Kessel or Ryan Johansson, or even Alex Galchenyuk or Dylan Strome.

From a hockey point of view and from a business point of view, you take the better player. It’s Jack Eichel. For me, there are maybe 10 assets in the league not on the table.

Never mind the bird in the hand better than 2 in the bush factor, especially when the one in hand is an eagle.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Oh, that's definitely what he's thinking. (well, at least what the players he'll acquire will potentially be, in a few years down the line)

I'm surprised his comments about how we've had the talent, what's missing is the mindset didn't get more play around here. Does ANYONE think we've had enough talent? If KA actually thinks that, isn't he inarguably wrong?

Like, scary wrong?

I don't think he was wrong last year.  Had the team been healthy and had an average PDO, they would have been passable.  They would not have been good, but they would have been tolerable.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I don't think he was wrong last year.  Had the team been healthy and had an average PDO, they would have been passable.  They would not have been good, but they would have been tolerable.

Disagree. Adams tried to use the same excuse WRT the goaltending, in the same press conference, which really grinded my gears. Leaving aside the fact this franchise just maddeningly, ridiculously continues to trot out the "injury" excuse ("oh jeeze gosh darnit sorry guys I'm sure next year we'll be healthy all year!" - such an annoying straw man endlessly in use for this team), even assuming full health (which is what the Sabres always require to reach their base minimum expectation - they literally count on full-health across the board and act the victim when it doesn't happen) our back-up goaltending would have been woefully insufficient. 

Staal looked pretty healthy occupying the 2nd most important position in our F unit, too. 

If you are relying on a lot of luck (PDO, health) to reach "passable", you assuredly have a terrible strategy. And assuredly not enough talent. 

Edited by Thorny

I dont even care anymore. He seems to bring so much drama to the team. essentially the team will be garbage with him or without him. 

They need better d-men, better goalies, tougher guys around him. 

You cant have an offensive minded team without a lot of offensive players. they certainly aren't a defensive minded team.

They are generally just lost

For comparison the Ducks were in on PLD until the last minute and lost out on Him as they wouldn’t include Drysdale or Zegras in the return. Bob Murray is certainly more in the I have to win now mode, would He be willing to include one of them  for a better player in Eichel? 

Each Team’s Top Prospect should be on the table along with First Round Picks as a starting point 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

For comparison the Ducks were in on PLD until the last minute and lost out on Him as they wouldn’t include Drysdale or Zegras in the return. Bob Murray is certainly more in the I have to win now mode, would He be willing to include one of them  for a better player in Eichel? 

Each Team’s Top Prospect should be on the table along with First Round Picks as a starting point 

Zegras, Comtois, Lacombe, 1st, 2nd. Just throwing things out into space.  That's a return I could live with.  Some might prefer Drysdale over Comtois and I'm okay with that too.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.