2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I really hope that Adams does not trade any of the 3 1st round picks to move up in the draft. After Quinn and Peterka move up next year, the cupboard is not as well stocked as you would think. 

Even if he trades a first it is still 2 more 1sts added to the group. The Sabres have so many young players that they are in great shape moving forwards.

Florida doesn’t have a pick until 2030.😛 They are built for now. Sabres are still building for tomorrow but tomorrow finally looks to be in sight.

12 hours ago, JustOneParade said:

Another question for you guys. Based on past statistics, then factoring in the strength of this draft class and the Sabres present scouting/development abilities, is it reasonable to expect 3 of the Sabres' upcoming first four picks to eventually be contributing NHL players? The last of the four would be @ #40 +/- overall I assume? Anyway, too optimistic? Expectations too low?

Off the top of my head, the top 10 pick would have a 90 percent chance of being an NHL player, and probably a good one, a pick in the mid-teens where Vegas sits is probably closer to 65 per cent and the 2 in the 30 to 40 range 50 per cent chance of being an NHLer.

Quinn, Cozens, Mitts, Nylander, Risto are pretty typical of the range of players  you get late in the top 10. Girgs to Krebs represent what you can reasonably hope for in the teens.

Getting a Samuelsson or Jokiharju with a late 1st is better than you should expect and a Tage there is an absolute home run. Asplunds and Brendan Lemieuxs and Guhles are more common and a lot of guys in that range don’t make it all.

• Thanks (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Frank Nazar and David Jiricek are my hopes for our pick.

I haven’t watched a lot of Nazar but a lot of reports rave about his skill. Many lists have him7-10 yet his skill set sounds better than that level.

I’ve seen him listed as as a C and RW. Being able to play C would make him a versatile pick.

The clips of Jiricek since his return look good. I hope he plays the World’s Championship so I can watch a few games.

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

I haven’t watched a lot of Nazar but a lot of reports rave about his skill. Many lists have him7-10 yet his skill set sounds better than that level.

I’ve seen him listed as as a C and RW. Being able to play C would make him a versatile pick.

The clips of Jiricek since his return look good. I hope he plays the World’s Championship so I can watch a few games.

Would've preferred Jiricek hadn't been ready to play already.  He's going to play his way to getting picked before Buffalo is on the clock.  (Unless they win 1 of the lotteries.)

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Idk. It's possible but Button has him at #8 so I wonder if that's a general consensus on him around the league. Keep in mind too, at least 1 team in the top 10 will do something odd, happens every year. Looking at you Ottawa and Tyler Boucher.

True to the bolded.

But isn't Button the guy that's usually got a unique draft board?  It's not all that reassuring that he's got him falling to one of Buffalo's very likely slots.

17 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Idk. It's possible but Button has him at #8 so I wonder if that's a general consensus on him around the league. Keep in mind too, at least 1 team in the top 10 will do something odd, happens every year. Looking at you Ottawa and Tyler Boucher.

Looking at you Sabres and Jack Quinn.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Taro T said:

True to the bolded.

But isn't Button the guy that's usually got a unique draft board?  It's not all that reassuring that he's got him falling to one of Buffalo's very likely slots.

Button doesn’t rank the prospects at where he thinks they sit right now. He ranks them based on where he thinks their NHL careers will turn out which leads to some differing rankings then other lists.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Button doesn’t rank the prospects at where he thinks they sit right now. He ranks them based on where he thinks their NHL careers will turn out which leads to some differing rankings then other lists.

I’ve heard him say before also, but I’ve no idea how that’s different.  Isn’t everyone ranking draft prospects based on how they think their careers will turn out?

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Curt said:

I’ve heard him say before also, but I’ve no idea how that’s different.  Isn’t everyone ranking draft prospects based on how they think their careers will turn out?

You are right. I think he just ignores all other ratings and does his ratings based all on future projection rather then current production.

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Let's just assume this is the draft order... 

1. Arizona - Shane Wright... easy
  2. Montreal - Logan Cooley, they have taken defenders the last few firsts and they desperately need offense, this should be a straight forward pick although they could take Slafskovsky because size.
  3. Seattle - Juraj Slakskovsky, they need everything but this gives Beniers a young and really good winger to work with. I could see them taking Nemec but with think this is the pick. Outside pick is Savoie who is a western canada guy. They could also go rogue and take Geekie and continue to build on that center spine with Beniers. 
  4. Philly - If Slavkovsky goes to Seattle they take Nemec, if not they take him. Either way you can flip these 2 picks IMPO. Philly needs everything and this gives them a #1 RHD so they can slide Risto to #2. 
  5. New Jersey - Devils will look for size IMPO because they are a little smaller up front. They have options and this is my first unsure pick. Kemell is in play here and I think Pickering, Jiricek, Mintyukov are in play as well. I am going a little rogue and have them take Mintyukov. 
  6. Chicago - JK this is Columbus because Chicago had one of the dumbest NHL gms. David Jiricek goes here IMPO. They have a bunch of forwards, they got Boqvist from Chicago already. They could take a lhd or a forward like Savoie and I almost did that but idk Jiricek would make so much sense for Columbus. I think Geekie could be a sneaky pick for them as well. 
  7. Ottawa - Savoie, gives them a speedy center and I think they would like that. Could see Geekie going here as well. 
  8. Detroit - they love Euro players and I think that is where they go. Kemell just fits what Yzerman likes and is the pick IMPO. 
  9. Buffalo - Frank Nazar, yes I wish he was 6'3" but he should measure in at 5'10" and I think the dyanamic skating and puck handling will make up for the size, he's also feisty like skinner. In fact he reminds me of skinner at times. 

That is my guesstimation of picks. I think Mintyukov is the wild card that I tossed in and again, if Geekie goes at 3 to Seattle or Savoie goes early that really upsets what comes after. 

Wouldn't that bite if Columbus being involved in a trade costs the Sabres Jiricek just like it cost them Coutourier several years back.  😡

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.