2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Just draft Jiricek at 9.

My (very under-researched and amateur) rankings for who I want the Sabres to draft would be: 

1. Wright

2. Cooley

3. Nemec

4.Slafkovsky

5. Jiriceck 

I would be estatic to get any one of them, but other than Jiriceck I don’t think there’s a shot any of them will be there at 9, and Jiriceck is not close to guranteed to be there.

• Like (+1) 1

I really want to draft Salomonsson with the Fla pick for no other reason then to hear the announcers trying to say Samuelsson to Salomonsson 20 times a night.  Seriously Mattias Samuelsson to Elias Salomonsson.  It's almost to good to be true.

(.... and he is a really solid looking prospect who would fit into our program).

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 4/4/2022 at 3:27 PM, LGR4GM said:

Just draft Jiricek at 9.

I watched this, lots of information on guys I have not seen.

In general they are down on OHL guys, you can tell they lost a year of development. They are not high on Geekie or Savoie for that matter. Nazar is near the top of their board.

Mintyukov is top ten for them, they like him nearly as much as Jiricek and Nemec. LHD though.

I wasn’t sure where to put this, he isn’t eligible for the NHL draft until 2025.

Michael Misa from the Mississauga Senators U16AAA team just broke McDavid’s scoring record at the OHL Cup tournament.

This tournament showcases  the best 2006 players in Ontario. Misa is a 2007 born player.

He has applied for exceptional status.

The Sabres will not be a lottery team in 2025 but I hope to see this guy light up the OHL for a few years.

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

FC’s interactive draft is also Meh right now. They still have us drafting 5th with the LV pick at 29th and Florida 30th.  

It’s like they stopped following the NHL for the last month. 

Edited by kas23

30 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

https://draftprospectshockey.com/draftsim/#/

For people with some time on your hands to waste, knock yourself out!😃

This is fun. I didn’t go along with their recommended team need.

I got Frank Nazar, Marco Kasper, Ty Nelson and Sam Rinzel in the first two rounds. Offensive F, 3-4C, 2 RHD.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

"Following an abbreviated World Juniors, Wright has turned it on down the stretch for Kingston. In 36 games since the break, he has scored 20 goals and 43 assists, adding almost a half-point per game to his production from prior to the WJC."

Gotta start looking closer at Cutter Gauthier as the Sabres move up the Standings...Think they will be out of the running for the guys I've been keeping a close eye on this season.

His profile seems to suit what the Sabres are trying to build.

Gauthier, Ohgren, Luneau and Rinzel would be a good haul

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

"Following an abbreviated World Juniors, Wright has turned it on down the stretch for Kingston. In 36 games since the break, he has scored 20 goals and 43 assists, adding almost a half-point per game to his production from prior to the WJC."

This is another board where they have Nazar listed as a C. I am sure he was a RW on most of the stuff I saw earlier this season.

He seems to be rising up boards and some consider him to have the highest offensive ceiling.

I was all fingers crossed for Cooley and Nemec when were looking top 5.

Now that the pick looks more 8ish, it’s been more Nazar and Jiricek. That your ranking has them flipped makes me happy.

The Buffalo Sabres top draft pick will be fine.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.