2022 NHL Draft Rankings

Buffalonill

With 3 promising Russian prospects already and such uncertainty with the future of Russian hockey players , will Sabres even chance taking more of them in 2022?  

hopefully by the draft this unnecessary war is over and things have returned to something near normalcy again.  Otherwise, I’m staying clear of Russian players in rd 1 and 2  

38 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Is there anyone besides Wright that has a good shot of making an NHL team next year?

That’s what got me thinking this. He’s already played with men and did fairly well. On the right team, we may be able to take the jump. 

7 hours ago, kas23 said:

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. Slavkovsky. As for Wright, it appears he’s been on fire lately. He’ll be able to make a team next year. 

Physically yes but I might leave him in Liiga one more year or see if he can come to the AHL. I don't think he's nhl ready.

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

LOL these draft rankings are all over the place from draft site to draft site. The most varied I can remember but Covid has played a huge role the past couple of years in the lack of viewings and the variance in rankings.

It will be fascinating to see where the actual teams have the players rated come draft day.

12 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

LOL these draft rankings are all over the place from draft site to draft site. The most varied I can remember but Covid has played a huge role the past couple of years in the lack of viewings and the variance in rankings.

It will be fascinating to see where the actual teams have the players rated come draft day.

It's a bit bizarre. Jiricek's injury helped him, while Slafkovsky's Olympics domination appeared to be to his disadvantage. 

I have a feeling the name that is going to shock come draft day is Connor Geekie. I would not be surprised if we hear his name between the 3rd and 5th picks. He is the exact type of player the draft nerds won’t be as high on but some NHL front offices will be. The 6’4 offensive centre will have a lot of debates going on in draft rooms and I won’t be surprised if he jumps up like McTavish did.

Edited by Flashsabre

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

I have a feeling the name that is going to shock come draft day is Connor Geekie. I would not be surprised if we hear his name between the 3rd and 5th picks. He is the exact type of player the draft nerds won’t be as high on but some NHL front offices will be. The 6’4 offensive centre will have a lot of debates going on in draft rooms and I won’t be surprised if he jumps up like McTavish did.

Big difference between McTavish and Geekie is the Geekie isn't a good skater.

56 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Big difference between McTavish and Geekie is the Geekie isn't a good skater.

I don’t know that he is bad as much as awkward.  Teams these days think they can fix/improve skating if all the other pieces are there. He is the guy I think NHL GMs fall in love with and draft much higher then the draft sites will have him.

15 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

I don’t know that he is bad as much as awkward.  Teams these days think they can fix/improve skating if all the other pieces are there. He is the guy I think NHL GMs fall in love with and draft much higher then the draft sites will have him.

Welcome to NHL drafts, where the rankings are made up and the draft picks don't matter. 

11 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

https://hockeyprospect.com/hockeyprospect-com-2022-nhl-draft-top-32-ranking-march-14-2021/

Another site’s latest rankings. All over the place again.

Sam Rinzel is getting some love now that he moved to the USHL. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Welcome to NHL drafts, where the rankings are made up and the draft picks don't matter. 

They do seem to firm up closer to the actual draft.  It's also why I say BPA doesn't really exist.  To many variables on each teams draft board and each service's list.  

The math says the guys drafted after about 75-80 to the end of the draft have about the same chance of being an NHLer and the that % isn't very good.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.