Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

Just now, Hoss said:

I’d do that but I’d demand a postcard from Peterka every year because he has somehow become a favorite of mine so quickly.

Just now, darksabre said:

I wouldn't be happy with that for Eichel

So we're in the ballpark. 

What if I added Samuelsson?

Quinn, JJ, Samuelsson, olofsson, lottery protected 2022 first. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Still too many question marks. I need Cozens as the main piece. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Yeah I think that or another first or some kind of cap dump situation gets it done for me. 

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Still too many question marks. I need Cozens as the main piece. 

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

Yeah I think that or another first or some kind of cap dump situation gets it done for me. 

How about this...

Cozens, olofsson, Quinn, 2022 first, Okposo

?

Just now, Hoss said:

I think the board’s angst over the Quinn pick has him being undervalued here. I also think we’re undervaluing our own unprotected 2022 first.

He's very undervalued here. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

How about this...

Cozens, olofsson, Quinn, 2022 first, Okposo

?

He's very undervalued here. 

I'm probably undervaluing Quinn a bit, but that's mostly because I didn't pay much attention to the 2020 draft and he's only played a handful of games on the Amerks so far. He's just not really on my radar yet.

19 minutes ago, Hoss said:

We could do a little experiment and simply ask what people are willing to give up for an Eichel caliber player

Is this with Minnesota?

Okposo for the cap (plus hometown warm fuzzies); then the actual 4 pieces: Mitts for the plug-and-play center to replace his minutes (and hometown warm fuzzies); Quinn for the future; Johnson for the sweetener (plus college warm fuzzies); 2022 lottery-protected 1st (becomes 2023 if we win the lottery); plus a 2023 3rd because I'm feeling generous.

In exchange, Eichel & a 2023 2nd.

And yes, Darths always talk about warm fuzzies.

4 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Is this with Minnesota?

Okposo for the cap (plus hometown warm fuzzies); then the actual 4 pieces: Mitts for the plug-and-play center to replace his minutes (and hometown warm fuzzies); Quinn for the future; Johnson for the sweetener (plus college warm fuzzies); 2022 lottery-protected 1st (becomes 2023 if we win the lottery); plus a 2023 3rd because I'm feeling generous.

In exchange, Eichel & a 2023 2nd.

And yes, Darths always talk about warm fuzzies.

Not enough

14 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I think the board’s angst over the Quinn pick has him being undervalued here. I also think we’re undervaluing our own unprotected 2022 first.

Not that I'm undervaluing him, but he can't be the biggest piece in an Eichel deal because he's not a C. I don't think we can/should trade Jack for a package not including that piece

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Not that I'm undervaluing him, but he can't be the biggest piece in an Eichel deal because he's not a C. I don't think we can/should trade Jack for a package not including that piece

Agreed.  All we essentially have down the middle is Cozens and mitts.  We need another high end C prospect if we’re trading Jack.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

You’re also not getting Jack with a protected first. If we get one that has protections I’ll be pretty pissed. If we get one that has protections in each of the next two seasons I quit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Hoss said:

You’re also not getting Jack with a protected first. If we get one that has protections I’ll be pretty pissed. If we get one that has protections in each of the next two seasons I quit.

It really depends on the team giving up that pick. In this hypothetical scenario, the Sabres giving up their pick, unprotected, for an Eichel level player is insanity. The Wild on the other hand, is a much safer bet.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

I agree on the pick but I could live with whatever if we are getting that "A" centre prospect back. It's really gotta happen. To me that represents the mendoza line for how ardently I'll be consuming the games live next season: pending other unlikely looking offseason developments, if we don't get a *single* top-level C prospect from the entirety of this selloff, the most in talent I've ever seen, they imo are assuredly targeting it at the very tip-tip of next year's draft