Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Up until the "headcase" part I agree. I think Adams was saying he didn't feel pressured by other teams to give Eichel away and Eichel's camp overreacted to it. 

I agree that’s what Adams was saying and never considered the possibility of it being an anti-Eichel comment. I also don’t think it makes any sense for the statement to be a response to that specific thing.

Just now, Hoss said:

Jack and his agents have zero reason to want to endear themselves to Sabres fans. If you think that’s what is going on here I think you should read it and reconsider.

Oh, he definitely doesn't give a *****. He knows he's gone, he knows burning this bridge won't affect him at all, and he's just acting like a child because he can.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Hoss said:

I agree that’s what Adams was saying and never considered the possibility of it being an anti-Eichel comment. I also don’t think it makes any sense for the statement to be a response to that specific thing.

I think this Eichel statement is obnoxious garbage that is attempting to force Adams to except the next offer that comes in. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Hoss said:

Jack and his agents have zero reason to want to endear themselves to Sabres fans. If you think that’s what is going on here I think you should read it and reconsider.

They are having trouble finding a trade partner because he has a bad rep as a petulant brat among many in the league. His actions just confirmed this and will result in this dragging out longer (which is the direct opposite of the desired effect).

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, irregularly irregular said:

That does not get released without Eichels approval.

First thing tomorrow morning, if I were in GMKA's shoes, is an email to every GM in the league that resets the negotiations. The price starts at 4 real firsts, as in before pick 12, and don't bother me with any calls offering anything less. 

I wouldn't email anyone. The price is set, if anyone calls trying to leverage you for less just say "he's under contract and I will hold him to that deal if necessary." 

• Like (+1) 3

I just hope all the head scratching ***** that has gone on with this team over the last few years hasn't all been because of Jack *****.  Actually if it has I just hope it remains behind closed doors.  I'm wearing down my enamel as it is.

24 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

To Fans of the team he is saying he doesn't want to play for. It's more like  they are talking to fans of Jack Eichel decoupled from the Sabres and unattached to any other team. That's a much different and smaller group.

They did also release some medical info I guess, telling other teams he'd be able to start the season if he had surgery now. In their opinion of course.

Magical Thinking from a couple of Boneheads… (What a team Eichel has working for him)… KA should hold his position… Sit Eichel out… Some team will meet his deal sooner than later…

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I think this Eichel statement is obnoxious garbage that is attempting to force Adams to except the next offer that comes in. 

It’s definitely a move to force a deal along. What it specifically plans to accomplish is up for debate. I think it’s specifically to get medical info out there.

Just now, Hoss said:

It’s definitely a move to force a deal along. What it specifically plans to accomplish is up for debate. I think it’s specifically to get medical info out there.

There are infinitely better ways to do that than this. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, irregularly irregular said:

That does not get released without Eichels approval.

First thing tomorrow morning, if I were in GMKA's shoes, is an email to every GM in the league that resets the negotiations. The price starts at 4 real firsts, as in before pick 12, and don't bother me with any calls offering anything less. 

I would not be surprised if Jack demanded that some type of statement be made. Strictly conjecture obviously, but no matter what I’m sure that message was approved by him at least. The whole thing felt like an articulate temper tantrum.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

They are having trouble finding a trade partner because he has a bad rep as a petulant brat among many in the league. His actions just confirmed this and will result in this dragging out longer (which is the direct opposite of the desired effect).

It really started league wide when he was apart of Team North America with all the other young stars. People around the team were shocked with the way he acted.

Just now, I-90 W said:

I would not be surprised if Jack demanded that some type of statement be made. Strictly conjecture obviously, but no matter what I’m sure that message was approved by him at least. The whole thing felt like an articulate temper tantrum.

You are probably right. You don’t drop it late on a Friday night unless the agent is just doing it to appease the player.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Agreed. This wasn’t suppose to get Sabres fans on their side. It was meant to anger them into demanding a trade. 

• Like (+1) 3

does anyone think this will move the needle as far as the trade/potential return goes? Really hoping it is just noise as far as the front offices go, although it seems it was clearly intended to have an affect on that.

I'm amazed people here on these forums think that the statement was meant for us. Like those people who think the news anchor is talking directly to them, personally.

Good riddance. I was depressed with Ullmark leaving, but I'm honestly feeling better and better about this team solely for the fact that they're getting rid of him.

This is just an attempt to lower his trade value so KA has to pull the trigger on a trade now even if the return sucks. I sincerely hope KA doesn't blink.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, kas23 said:

What an odd time to release this statement. Friday nights are usually prime time to release news you want people to miss or ignore. 

I’m thinking the only reason to release right now is that it will anger drunk Sabres fans. Maybe they really want to turn the fans against them, so we’re the ones demanding the trade get done. 

My bet is Eichel is so frustrated… he made his Reps respond publicly to KA… The bridge is burned… Let the boy stew… Might do him some good… Get a little humility when he realizes he’s not as valuable as he imagined…

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, StuckinFL said:

Good riddance. I was depressed with Ullmark leaving, but I'm honestly feeling better and better about this team solely for the fact that they're getting rid of him.

This is just an attempt to lower his trade value so KA has to pull the trigger on a trade now even if the return sucks. I sincerely hope KA doesn't blink.

Man I agree with everything you said. Nice profile pic too! Miss those carruba collisions. Now that was a man who wore the crest with pride. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I have been to 4 different Sabres sites to see what fans reaction to the statement is. It has unanimously gone over like a lead balloon. Jack has zero love from the fan base after this stunt.

We ask all free spirits to make sure they shower before entering the pool.

• Haha (+1) 4

21 minutes ago, Curt said:

I don’t know what a LAMP is.  Is that some weird new acronym?

The only thing I could find on Google is

LAMP is an abbreviation meaning "Los Angeles Men's Place" (which is now known as the "LAMP Community").

I don't think that's B-Lo meant.

8 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

I'm amazed people here on these forums think that the statement was meant for us. Like those people who think the news anchor is talking directly to them, personally.

Why would it need to be a public statement if it’s not meant to target the public?