Taylor Hall sitting -- possible trade incoming

Sabre fan

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

Teams are finding their pieces, there will be less teams calling so I feel like the Sabres will lose leverage. 

There has been one trade made so far that is on the level of a Hall trade.

Legit rumors usually come from support staff. Having a lean staff reduces the likelihood of “real” rumors.

5 minutes ago, tom webster said:

There has been one trade made so far that is on the level of a Hall trade.

Legit rumors usually come from support staff. Having a lean staff reduces the likelihood of “real” rumors.

I'm hopeful, just anxious to get it done

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

I would agree, if teams were finding their pieces. So far just one team has though.

With Toronto rumored to be happy with Galchenyuk maybe they have their guy too? 

Watching the talking heads also led me to this line of thinking btw.

More than a couple guys have said that the closer to the deadline it gets the lower the offers will be because the Sabres will be low on options at that point as more players are moved. 

17 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I'm hopeful, just anxious to get it done

With Toronto rumored to be happy with Galchenyuk maybe they have their guy too? 

What’s better than Galchenyuk?  Galchenyuk + Hall!

Toronto actually make a move yesterday to open themselves up some more cap space, so I’m pretty sure they are looking to add someone.  Plus, this is their time to go for it!

Seriously though, it’s impossible to evaluate something like this from the outside.  We know hardly anything about what’s going on.  If a couple more deals happen and Hall is still sitting here, then I’ll “worry” more.

6 minutes ago, Curt said:

Toronto actually make a move yesterday to open themselves up some more cap space, so I’m pretty sure they are looking to add someone.  Plus, this is their time to go for it!

Seriously though, it’s impossible to evaluate something like this from the outside.  We know hardly anything about what’s going on.  If a couple more deals happen and Hall is still sitting here, then I’ll “worry” more.

The deal they made yesterday only opens up space if Andersson is out till playoffs but they could still make it happen.

7 minutes ago, Curt said:

Yeah that's the standard thinking, that Toronto will add Hall, or somebody else also.

I'm just ready to see some action.

• Like (+1) 2

I am hoping Adams might be able to leverage Hall into a good but not elite 18- to 23-year-old young player or prospect with adds, dumps and/or salary retention involved.

I'm thinking another team's version of a Tage Thompson, Ryan Johnson or Rasmus Asplund? Someone like Jokiharju was when Botts traded for him?

I see these teams as potentially interested in Hall: FLA, Bos, Col, Tor, Stl, Nas, Min, Edm, Mon, NYI...

Maybe a Grigori Denisenko or a Tyson Jost?

Is this reasonable?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Why do you think that?

Because it's how it works.  I have a new fear that he is going to go right at the deadline, we are going to retain like 50% salary, and we are only going to get a 2nd or  *even* a third for him, plus maybe an additional something of little value.

I really thought he would be gone a long time by now!  Surprised they have held him out of the lineup like this, to be honest.

Last night during the Caps game, Criag Laughlin was quite vocal in his criticism of the Sabres for doing that.  

He said  you have to play the player for the fans watching the game, basically, even with some small degree of risk that he might be injured.

2 hours ago, Norcal said:

Yeah that's the standard thinking, that Toronto will add Hall, or somebody else also.

I'm just ready to see some action.

If it was Toronto, I’d think the trade would already have been made to get the quarantine done. No sense waiting once Palmieri was gone to the isles

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

Because it's how it works.  I have a new fear that he is going to go right at the deadline, we are going to retain like 50% salary, and we are only going to get a 2nd or  *even* a third for him, plus maybe an additional something of little value.

I really thought he would be gone a long time by now!  Surprised they have held him out of the lineup like this, to be honest.

Last night during the Caps game, Criag Laughlin was quite vocal in his criticism of the Sabres for doing that.  

He said  you have to play the player for the fans watching the game, basically, even with some small degree of risk that he might be injured.

Well, I think his value may not be much more than a 2nd honestly.

Did you see what NJ had to do for a late 1st?  Both Palmerie (having a better season than Hall) and Zajac, both 50% retained.  In exchange they got a 1st, a conditional 4th, and two AHLers (25 and 27 years old), one of whom is a UFA anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

Craig Laughlin can go to hell. Idc what he thinks. 

I don't have play someone so another teams fans are happy

• Like (+1) 4

44 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Not sure if the rumour has surfaced on our board, but there was talk of Kenny Holland reuniting Hall and RNH to run the second line in Edmonton for new $6 million per contracts each. I can see Hall being interested, not sure what the Oilers would be willing to offer us.

It would have to be dollars in/dollars out because they are hard against the cap, but taking a guy like James Neal back would seem like a non-starter

They don't have a 2nd or a 3rd this year. Puljujarvi, Yamamoto, Bouchard, Lavoie, McLeod, Broberg, Holloway are among their top young guys.

Edited by dudacek

7 hours ago, dudacek said:

Not sure if the rumour has surfaced on our board, but there was talk of Kenny Holland reuniting Hall and RNH to run the second line in Edmonton for new $6 million per contracts each. I can see Hall being interested, not sure what the Oilers would be willing to offer us.

It would have to be dollars in/dollars out because they are hard against the cap, but taking a guy like James Neal back would seem like a non-starter

They don't have a 2nd or a 3rd this year. Puljujarvi, Yamamoto, Bouchard, Lavoie, McLeod, Broberg, Holloway are among their top young guys.

Two Firsts is one of the few scenarios where I would consider taking on Neal. 

His buyout would cost the Sabres 1.9 Million for 4 years though or 5.75 for two seasons. 

Is that worth a 2022 First? 

13 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

His buyout would cost the Sabres 1.9 Million for 4 years though or 5.75 for two seasons. 

So if the trade is 2021 1st, 2022 1st, Neal, and D prospect is Philip Broberg for Hall I think KA would have to do it??

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Wow.  That would be wild.  

2 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

So if the trade is 2021 1st, 2022 1st, Neal, and D prospect is Philip Broberg for Hall I think KA would have to do it??

I feel like thinking it might be Broberg is dreaming too hard.  But my answer is yes.