Taylor Hall sitting -- possible trade incoming

Sabre fan

11 minutes ago, Kong said:

I don't have confidence in Buffalo's management period. Is that so shocking? Maybe it's shocking that my confidence is dropping and I have no confidence in the first place. They're waiting for the light on Hall. He's had a bad year. His price is down already. I wonder what the offers are like. I don't even remember the last good trade with lasting results that was pulled off by the Sabres. Joki for Nylander? Maybe. But people are now talking about trading Joki. Before that...? It's just an endless game of hot potato with this team.

Ok, so you don’t have a specific objection to how the Hall situation is being handled, you just think Buffalo management sucks in general.

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

There are to many factors to determine value at this point.   His performance this season is now a constant, but nothing else is.  How many teams are bidding (if any)?  Does he want to go to those teams?  What are we asking?  What are they offering? Is Hall their first choice or a backup if something else falls through? How much cap room do the other teams have?  Do they have a player/contract we are willing to take back to make the deal work?  How much cap are we willing to keep? etc.....

Right now my guess is at least 6 teams (Bos, Col, Fla, NYI, Tor, and Edm) have at least kicked the tires.  Most have little or no cap space.  The question then becomes how can they create cap space and or who will we take back to get done and or how much cap are we willing to eat.  After that is settled, what is the draft pick/prospect we are getting in return, especially if we are willing to give him away for nearly nothing cap wise.  The more cap we eat, the higher the compensation.  I figure Hall is willing to go to any legit contender and I think all 6 teams count.

So take my example:   Hall to Toronto for Kerfoot, Lilijren and 2 picks with the Sabres eating 50%.  In my deal Toronto gets Hall for essentially 500K.  The math - Hall's cap is $8 mill - 50% retention is 4 mill and Kerfoot's deal is 3.5.  By giving Hall away and taking on the extra 2 years of Kerfoot's deal we should be getting a minimum of two prime assets. Lilijgren (sp?) is a decent prospect at D and 2nds, while not a first, is at least 2 solid draft picks.     

TSN already reported Toronto not in on Hall. I know it's only an example, but could you replace Toronto with Boston, then Florida, then Edmonton, then Colorado?

I believe those are the teams I saw listed, although, Colorado may just be bad memory. I'll hang up and listen. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Curt said:

Ok, so you don’t have a specific objection to how the Hall situation is being handled, you just think Buffalo management sucks in general.

I don't see what all the brouhaha is all about. I'm not the only one who thinks the longer this Hall thing goes on, the less Buffalo gets in return...

From TSN TRADECENTRE:

With Taylor Hall out of the Sabres lineup, it appears his days are numbered in Buffalo, but the longer he stays on the market the lower his value may get.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scottysabres said:

TSN already reported Toronto not in on Hall. I know it's only an example, but could you replace Toronto with Boston, then Florida, then Edmonton, then Colorado?

I believe those are the teams I saw listed, although, Colorado may just be bad memory. I'll hang up and listen. Thanks.

and you believe things reported in the media?  I own a nice bridge in Brooklyn if your interested; I can let it go for a song.

The market should really start in earnest today.  Watch Staal get traded again for a 2nd on Monday.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kong said:

I don't see what all the brouhaha is all about. I'm not the only one who thinks the longer this Hall thing goes on, the less Buffalo gets in return...

All I asked was why you think that.

Do you have a reason why you think that?

7 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Because he was a crappy owner.  You don't come up with pejorative names for good owners.

And Terry and Kim are crappy Sabres owners and yet I rarely see Terry referred to derogatorily and Kim is always the "waitress" "unqualified" 

There's a very clear double standard. It is the same thing when you read Black QB v White QB scouting reports. 

• Thanks (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Because he was a crappy owner.  You don't come up with pejorative names for good owners.

Nobody thought he was a crappy owner, just cheap.  The story was he had billions, but took sugar packs home from restaurants so he didn't have to buy sugar.  Hence ... Ol' Sugar Packs.  He was venerated for, literally, saving the Sabres.  The crappy part of that dynamic (?????) due was that weasel Quinn.

54 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

And why did we call him that?

Allegedly he used to take extra sugar packets with him when stopping at a restaurant to save buying his own sugar.

54 minutes ago, Curt said:

The bolded: Why?

The only real trade has been from a team that you didn’t want to trade with apparently, so why is your confidence dropping?

Because it's what you do in a vacuum. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Allegedly he used to take extra sugar packets with him when stopping at a restaurant to save buying his own sugar.

Because it's what you do in a vacuum. 

But see that's funny. 

Calling kim a waitress because 30 some odd years ago she worked her way through college is just dumb. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

We called the previous owner Old Sugar Packets so idk.

No ones cares about ageism — or sexism if directed at males.

36 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

And Terry and Kim are crappy Sabres owners and yet I rarely see Terry referred to derogatorily and Kim is always the "waitress" "unqualified" 

There's a very clear double standard. It is the same thing when you read Black QB v White QB scouting reports. 

Hello.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

and you believe things reported in the media?  I own a nice bridge in Brooklyn if your interested; I can let it go for a song.

The market should really start in earnest today.  Watch Staal get traded again for a 2nd on Monday.  

I understand, was just curious to your take on the teams being named out in hockey analyst land is all.

Now, about that bridge, I am interested, need to replace an out dated one on the river here, is shipping free?

Questions for the business-heads out there: Lebrun says the Islanders getting Palmieri hurts the Sabres by removing a suitor. Why?

Wouldn't that only be the case if there were only two teams interested in Hall, and one was the Islanders, meaning the Sabres are left to deal with only one prospective buyer?

I think it's pretty clear Palmieri was the only player out there anywhere near Hall's class in terms of rental forwards. If there are two or more teams still chasing a top-six rental forward, wouldn't the Palmieri deal help the Sabres because now they have cornered the market on supply?

Edited by dudacek

20 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

No ones cares about ageism — or sexism if directed at males.

Hello.

ah yes, the hated, discriminated against, and dare I say well known oppressed group of... *checks notes... old white dudes. 

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

ah yes, the hated, discriminated against, and dare I say well known oppressed group of... *checks notes... old white dudes. 

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Your opinion is not supported by facts.

https://www.ncemploymentattorneys.com/news/reverse-discrimination-lawsuits-are-concerning/

And I could pull up dozens more. The "fact" is, the numbers of discrimination cases, both filed as well as successfully litigated and proven, is on the rise substantially. Even American Science was forced to concede this to be beyond anticdotal at this time in history. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Your opinion is not supported by facts.

https://www.ncemploymentattorneys.com/news/reverse-discrimination-lawsuits-are-concerning/

And I could pull up dozens more. The "fact" is, the numbers of discrimination cases, both filed as well as successfully litigated and proven, is on the rise substantially. Even American Science was forced to concede this to be beyond anticdotal at this time in history. 

Haha lol we aren't talking hiring practice. Did you get help moving the goalposts? 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Haha lol we aren't talking hiring practice. Did you get help moving the goalposts? 

Speaking of which, I didn't say anything about old white dudes. Just the old. Ageism is real. But are the elderly on your approved list of victims?

If we want equality and fairness, let's include everyone. It's a lot easier to approach it that way than to try and figure out who we're trying to protect this week.

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Speaking of which, I didn't say anything about old white dudes. Just the old. Ageism is real. But are the elderly on your approved list of victims?

If we want equality and fairness, let's include everyone. It's a lot easier to approach it that way than to try and figure out who we're trying to protect this week.

Yes it does hence why I love how you have turned this around and are attacking me for defending Kim Pegula. 

We went from "referring to kim as a waitress is a dog whistle" to "hey liger why aren't you more supportive of old people?"

Edited by LGR4GM