Taylor Hall sitting -- possible trade incoming

Sabre fan

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

From someone credible, I assume?

It would be a very Penguins move. Not sure what they have to offer us.

Well the Pens have no 1st this year so it would have to be a 2022 1st but I would fear we’d take Pettersson or some mediocre overpaid guy too.

8 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Well the Pens have no 1st this year so it would have to be a 2022 1st but I would fear we’d take Pettersson or some mediocre overpaid guy too.

Only two assets of interest to me: Samuel Poulin and Pierre Olivier Joseph.

Either fit the profile of kinda what I expected back for Hall. 

Just now, Scottysabres said:

I am literally sitting here in awe that only Staal and Montour have been moved so far. Not a peep on any other potential deals. 

What do you mean by “not a peep”.  There have been lots o’ peeps.

• Like (+1) 2

Pittsburgh's 2022 first is interesting.  It gives them a #1 for Hall, which is inherently a good asset, but it does nothing for them next year and presumably for a couple of years after next year, unless they include the pick in a trade this summer.  Certainly it would represent recouping real value from the very disappointing 2/3 of a season they got from Hall.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Pittsburgh's 2022 first is interesting.  It gives them a #1 for Hall, which is inherently a good asset, but it does nothing for them next year and presumably for a couple of years after next year, unless they include the pick in a trade this summer.  Certainly it would represent recouping real value from the very disappointing 2/3 of a season they got from Hall.

Apparently they just acquired Jeff Carter.  May mean they are out on Hall.

22 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Pittsburgh's 2022 first is interesting.

No, it isn't.  They can give up a good prospect if they want Hall and don't have a 2021 first.  Hall is a hot commodity and the Sabres must treat him like such.

26 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I am literally sitting here in awe that only Staal and Montour have been moved so far. Not a peep on any other potential deals. 

There's only Hall and maybe Ullmark and they were trying to sign Ullmark so that'll be last minute if at all. Don't kid yourself, there's no interest in much of the rest unless we were looking to make a hockey trade with a Risto or a Reinhart and that's more likely to be off season if at all. 

I do fear they've waited too long on Hall though and the price will drop. 

• Like (+1) 1