GDT: 3/7/21 Sabres @ Islanders 11:00 am CT (Noon ET) NBC

Doohickie

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

I’m not as negative about Staal as most if you.  Hopefully he is teaching them how to deal with adversity.  Hopefully.   Seems like if we put too many young guys in this losing environment at once we are not helping them either.  Let’s just keep rotating them in.  

Yeah I don't like the body language or the effort. 

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

I’m not as negative about Staal as most if you.  Hopefully he is teaching them how to deal with adversity.  Hopefully.   Seems like if we put too many young guys in this losing environment at once we are not helping them either.  Let’s just keep rotating them in.  

Like you say, I'm good if Staal is teaching Cozens on the day-to-day what he needs to do to have a career like Staal has. But I need to see Cozens get some center playing time soon, before we move Staal at the deadline (if we can get a 2nd for the rental)

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Why can't they pass like this 5 on 5?

There is a lot of time and space on the PP, at ES they spend the little space they have trying to remember how to play Ralph's dumb system 

Edited by Thorny

4 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

Ralphy gets canned within the next 36 hours. This team is done 

At this rate, it's starting to look like it's going to take 10 Sabres losses for every shootout win (Regulation? Come on now, let's be real. Maybe OT) for Adams to even consider firing Herr Krueger. It's gone from ridiculous to ridiculously laughable.

Not sure Staal is tradeable, would not surprise me if he has an oral agreement with KA for which teams he can go to.   Not expecting more than a 3rd in return.

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Like you say, I'm good if Staal is teaching Cozens on the day-to-day what he needs to do to have a career like Staal has. But I need to see Cozens get some center playing time soon, before we move Staal at the deadline (if we can get a 2nd for the rental)

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Why can't they pass like this 5 on 5?

Too many people in the way?   

Just a matter of time before Lou and Barry win a Cup with the NYI.  This Islander team is very disciplined and their young players are improving.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Skinner always pivots and turns his skates parallel to the side boards. It used to be cool when he was good, now it just looks pointless and annoying 

Eichel always carries the puck in zone, stops, and waits and the blue line and passes. It used to be cool when he was good, now it just looks pointless and annoying 

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Mittlestadt has been uneven, but he is trying and doing more to penetrate the Islanders blanket than most.

Penetrate that blanket, Casey

I logged in/on just to point out that after the whistle on the Sabres' power play Eichel went up to Brock Nelson and admired Nelson's stick and appeared to ask a question about it and have a little chat.

I've been on the fence about trading Eichel. That sealed it.

This isn't a summer scrimmage with your Masshole buddies.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.