2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

6 minutes ago, Norcal said:

This angle looks like a hold to me

There is no way that not a single official saw that. It wasn't "missed" like ROMO said earlier. It was intentionally not called.

I used to get mad. Now it just makes me laugh. Especially when self hating Bills fans try to say that the loss was our own fault.

First half 24-3 Bucs
Second half 24-3 Bills

Yet somehow they deserved to win and the officiating had nothing to do with the outcome.

Ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SwampD said:

There is no way that not a single official saw that. It wasn't "missed" like ROMO said earlier. It was intentionally not called.

I used to get mad. Now it just makes me laugh. Especially when self hating Bills fans try to say that the loss was our own fault.

First half 24-3 Bucs
Second half 24-3 Bills

Yet somehow they deserved to win and the officiating had nothing to do with the outcome.

Ridiculous.

They got jobbed.

It's ***** but what can you do? I don't get as mad anymore most weeks either but I hate getting burned by officiating.

There's plenty of visual evidence on Twitter. I just thought I'd share one. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m gonna tune out this weeks Bills coverage.  It’s going to be official bashing season.  I think I have PTSD from when my parents would take me to Anerks games and my dad would scream at the officials for 60 minutes.  Louder than anyone in the arena.  I couldn’t crawl back into my own skin far enough.  

You will never hear me complain about officials. What’s the point?  They make some sort of belated announcement “hey we got it wrong”. Team still lost.  Like my old man at an Amerks game, I guess it makes y’all feel better to bitch about it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, inkman said:

I’m gonna tune out this weeks Bills coverage.  It’s going to be official bashing season.  I think I have PTSD from when my parents would take me to Anerks games and my dad would scream at the officials for 60 minutes.  Louder than anyone in the arena.  I couldn’t crawl back into my own skin far enough.  

You will never hear me complain about officials. What’s the point?  They make some sort of belated announcement “hey we got it wrong”. Team still lost.  Like my old man at an Amerks game, I guess it makes y’all feel better to bitch about it. 

I’m not complaining about the officials. And I am certainly not shouting at them. I am completely dispassionate about them and the Bills and the NFL.

I’m merely stating facts. Not sure how much more video evidence people need. I stopped watching after the first half jersey tug. Went home and had a great evening.

went back and watched the play after someone told me I was right (I usually am). Should have been 1st and goal from the 1. The NFL made sure that we’ll never know what could have happened next.

The refs made JA throw that terrible interception at the end of the first half!

The refs made McD go for the fake punt on 4th and 2!

The refs made McD punt it on 4th and 2 in the 2nd half from midfield!

The refs made Brady magically able to do whatever he wanted in the first half!

The refs blocked for Fournette on the 60 yard TD run!

The refs, the refs!  They’re conspiring against us!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

The refs made JA throw that terrible interception at the end of the first half!

The refs made McD go for the fake punt on 4th and 2!

The refs made McD punt it on 4th and 2 in the 2nd half from midfield!

The refs made Brady magically able to do whatever he wanted in the first half!

The refs blocked for Fournette on the 60 yard TD run!

The refs, the refs!  They’re conspiring against us!

Typical BS argument from you.

• Haha (+1) 1

The Bills need to grow up as a team. I think it was huge that they didnt give up yesterday.

Now they have to play a full 60 min for the next 4 games.

But to think that they are where they are now because of the refs is just delusional.

They had plenty of chances to win yesterday ..but again just didnt get it done.

Bravo to McD and the coaches and players for not wimping out in the 2nd half.

8 hours ago, nfreeman said:

The refs made us lose 5 out of 6!

It’s not anything we did!

It’s the refs!

Just now, nfreeman said:

The refs have made the Bills go 0-5 in games decided by 7 points or less!  It has nothing to do with coaching, QB play or pass rush!

It’s the refs!

25 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

The refs have made the Bills go 0-5 in games decided by 7 points or less!  It has nothing to do with coaching, QB play or pass rush!

It’s the refs!

I'm not one pushing the refs narrative, but the bolded is a strawman argument.  No one is saying anything close to "nothing to do with" relating to those other things.  They made a lot of mistakes yesterday, but still had a chance to win.  Very bad (non-)calls still may have determined the final outcome, which sucks.

The refs didn't make the Bucs put up 3 points in the second half, punting on 4 (I think) drives and blowing a 20+ point lead, either.  Both teams did a lot of good and a lot of bad (in large part due to the other's good play) in regulation, which ultimately led to the Bills throwing for a likely game-winning touchdown, but settling for a game-tying field goal.  The difference was a missed call.

Note: I do put more blame on the Bills in OT.

Edited by carpandean

The Bills played a terrible 1st half of football and it became too big of an obstacle to overcome.  I don’t care who they are playing. The Bills are a team that has SB aspirations, and they came out unprepared. 

That is on McD and the players. 

Edited by LabattBlue

32 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

It’s the refs!

You know I'm not a ref basher or even a Bills fans anymore. I thought the review on the third and short run showed the ball a half a yard short. What did you see?

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I thought it was impossible to tell from the replay angles they showed.

That was my take as well.  Where is the camera in regards to the yard marker?  Are we looking from in front of, even with or behind the yard marker.  

IMHO, he was stopped at the First Down marker.  Should have been measured. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

The Bills played a terrible 1st half of football and it became too big of an obstacle to overcome.  I don’t care who they are playing. The Bills are a team that has SB aspirations, and they came out unprepared. 

That is on McD and the players. 

So, Tampa was unprepared for the second?

7 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

So that should make me feel better about the Bills getting smoked in the 1st half?

No, but doesn’t it make you feel good that they made adjustments at halftime and smoked Tampa in the second?

Imagine what they could have done if they actually called PI.

12 minutes ago, carpandean said:

I'm not one pushing the refs narrative, but the bolded is a strawman argument.  No one is saying anything close to "nothing to do with" relating to those other things.  They made a lot of mistakes yesterday, but still had a chance to win.  Very bad (non-)calls still may have determined the final outcome, which sucks.

The refs didn't make the Bucs put up 3 points in the second half, punting on 4 (I think) drives and blowing a 20+ point lead, either.  Both teams did a lot of good and a lot of bad (in large part due to the other's good play) in regulation, which ultimately led to the Bills throwing for a likely game-winning touchdown, but settling for a game-tying field goal.  The difference was a missed call.

Note: I do put more blame on the Bills in OT.

First bolded:  perhaps people aren't saying this explicitly, but there is a non-negligible percentage of posters here (including one who bizarrely claims upthread not to be complaining about the refs) who invariably blame the refs -- without naming any other factors -- every time the Bills lose.

Second bolded:  I'd argue "the difference" was the sum total of all of the things the Bills and the Bucs did and didn't do over the course of the game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.