GDT: 1/19/21 7pm ET, Sabres at Philadelphia Flyers, MSG & WGR

jsb

Meh, 1 and 3. Looking like a continuation of last season. Can't see it changing without something happening to be honest. And I can't even point to anything specific except they score 4 on the first of a back to back, then 1, then score 6 on the first of the next back to back, then 0. That's really the only thing I see that binds the issue. But 1 and 3 isn't good, let's be honest about it, even though it's the start of the season, as someone said the other day, the runway is short this season.

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Eichel has no goals in 4 games.  Hard to win that way.

Simple fix - he's gotta get shooting. He's too deferential right now. 

6 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Only the Sabres can score 6 and get blanked the next night.  

I feel like this happens all the time with many teams. It's why I always say "save some for the next one" during blowouts. 

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

It’s what Ex 4th Liners do best 

4 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

This team will have absolutely no chance to win three games in a row all year so digging a hole like this pretty much buries them right off of that

Regardless of whether the three games in a row thing is true, your math needs work 😉

5 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

This team will have absolutely no chance to win three games in a row all year so digging a hole like this pretty much buries them right off of that

This is just a plain, ridiculous statement considering how well they played the last three games while Skinner can’t buy a goal and Eichel is still playing through his injury. The goaltending will be an issue but if it’s fixed, this team will contend for a playoff spot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, tom webster said:

This is just a plain, ridiculous statement considering how well they played the last three games while Skinner can’t buy a goal and Eichel is still playing through his injury. The goaltending will be an issue but if it’s fixed, this team will contend for a playoff spot.

Caveat being in a very, very timely fashion, but ya. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.