GDT: 1/19/21 7pm ET, Sabres at Philadelphia Flyers, MSG & WGR

jsb

I’ve been watching in and out tonight.  Others things going on at home.  Definitely frustrated to be down 1-0 and to see Hutton get run over.   We could have had 3 or 4 in the first period alone. 

I think we have the skill to compete with the teams in this division but not sure we have the grit and team toughness to hang with these teams.  Philly playing better tonight but they are definitely trying to intimidate.  

Sure enough - poorly played 2 on 1 and Philly scores.  

Sure enough -  another bloody Sabre goes to the bench. 

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I edited my earlier post to say 2nd scoring line.

I think we can put together a second scoring line and generally have been. 

Goalie is a crucial add at this point, it was before the season even started, nm now...

Just now, Pimlach said:

I’ve been watching in and out tonight.  Others things going on at home.  Definitely frustrated to be down 1-0 and to see Hutton get run over.   We could have had 3 or 4 in the first period alone. 

I think we have the skill to compete with the teams in this division but not sure we have the grit and team toughness to hang with these teams.  Philly playing better tonight but they are definitely trying to intimidate.  

Sure enough - poorly played 2 on 1 and Philly scores.  

Sure enough -  another bloody Sabre goes to the bench. 

I actually think the Sabres have been plenty physical tonight.  They aren’t getting bullied out there.

Sheehan was bloodied because his teammate hit him with the puck in the face.

Refs should consider calling a penalty for Flyers players who are trying to steal sticks from Sabres players.

1 minute ago, Curt said:

I actually think the Sabres have been plenty physical tonight.  They aren’t getting bullied out there.

Sheehan was bloodied because his teammate hit him with the puck in the face.

Refs should consider calling a penalty for Flyers players who are trying to steal sticks from Sabres players.

I am sure you have seen more of the game tonight than I have tonight, but what I saw was we looked good in the first but failed to score - and looked timid for the portions of the 2nd and 3rd that I watched.  

Philly gets blown out and answers with a shutout.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.