2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

32 minutes ago, Thorny said:

do it jewish GIF

He's 18 and can legally drink both where he's from and where the tournament was played 

He’s not of legal age to drink in Ontario therefore he has obviously never had a drink because that’s against the law.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

He’s not of legal age to drink in Ontario therefore he has obviously never had a drink because that’s against the law.

Lmao I should know my own country better. Still he’s legal to drink in Latvia but I have to rescind that as I botched the first. Agree he’s never had an alcoholic beverage up to this point. Of course not 

“Heart, compete, fast skill, but hard skill,” said Adams. “There’s a lot of skilled players out there in the playoffs, but it's a hard skill and willingness to go to the hard areas, just that type of team identity. Also, an identity of team first, really believing in each other. Getting away from anyone in this organization or on this team that's more concerned about themselves.“

From Lance’s new article this is a quote from Adams about what he sees as Sabres identity moving forwards.  Sounds an awful lot like a certain Michigan centre.😀

Just now, Flashsabre said:

“Heart, compete, fast skill, but hard skill,” said Adams. “There’s a lot of skilled players out there in the playoffs, but it's a hard skill and willingness to go to the hard areas, just that type of team identity. Also, an identity of team first, really believing in each other. Getting away from anyone in this organization or on this team that's more concerned about themselves.“

From Lance’s new article this is a quote from Adams about what he sees as Sabres identity moving forwards.  Sounds an awful lot like a certain Michigan centre.😀

Sounds a lot like Jack is 100% gone

• Like (+1) 3

14 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

This is what me and some others around here have been preaching for years. Is management finally figuring it out???????

See now, what IF Terry was watching the Bills, especially their D, saw the compete, saw it translate to wins and it suddenly dawned on him. Hey Kev, he said, I want THAT, but on skates. Get me that. It's possible. 

• Like (+1) 1

I have mentioned this player many times. His production and his absurdly young age mean he should definitely be in the 2nd round consideration. A 5'10" defender may scare some but not for me with Olen Zellweger. 

Here’s Team Canada U18 head coach Dave Barr on Zellweger: “You do not have to ask him to skate. It’s a lot easier to pull reins on a horse than to kick them in the ass all the time. He’s a very active player. And he’s willing to block shots and take hits to make plays. He can think the game fast and he can also play the game fast. He’s got good hands. He’s got great feet. He’s an Energizer Bunny out there. And he’ll go into the tough areas and take hits to make plays. He’s got that uncanny ability to get the job done.”

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I have mentioned this player many times. His production and his absurdly young age mean he should definitely be in the 2nd round consideration. A 5'10" defender may scare some but not for me with Olen Zellweger. 

When I read the scouting report you posted I thought of Peterka. When you watch the playoffs it becomes apparent that you need these high energy and active players. 

"“Heart, compete, fast skill, but hard skill,” said Adams. “There’s a lot of skilled players out there in the playoffs, but it's a hard skill and willingness to go to the hard areas, just that type of team identity. Also, an identity of team first, really believing in each other. Getting away from anyone in this organization or on this team that's more concerned about themselves."

I can't think they aren't anything but focused on Matty Beniers.

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

"“Heart, compete, fast skill, but hard skill,” said Adams. “There’s a lot of skilled players out there in the playoffs, but it's a hard skill and willingness to go to the hard areas, just that type of team identity. Also, an identity of team first, really believing in each other. Getting away from anyone in this organization or on this team that's more concerned about themselves."

Sounds that way, but I still feel like there is the force of social pressure pulling everything towards Power.

16 minutes ago, Curt said:

Sounds that way, but I still feel like there is the force of social pressure pulling everything towards Power.

Last year KA made a mildly surprising pick in Quinn. So I don't think that social pressure is going to be much of a factor. I prefer Power but if the selection is Beniers that would also be a worthy pick. If a deal is made for Zegras or Dach in a Jack trade it might make even more sense to draft Power. Whatever the Sarbres decide to do they are going to have good options to choose from. 

Something I find interesting and I think it is because he is so effective even at his weight is that Beniers never really gets the "will improve as he adds strength" tag that so many guys do. Power even gets the "as he fills out his frame" tagged onto him often. Beniers is only 174lbs and played in the NCAA (Johnson was even lighter) so there's about 20lbs of strength still to come for him. Just something to think about. 

37 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Something I find interesting and I think it is because he is so effective even at his weight is that Beniers never really gets the "will improve as he adds strength" tag that so many guys do. Power even gets the "as he fills out his frame" tagged onto him often. Beniers is only 174lbs and played in the NCAA (Johnson was even lighter) so there's about 20lbs of strength still to come for him. Just something to think about. 

Toews, Kesler, O'Reilly, Bergeron...any reason why Beniers can't have an NHL career like those guys?

If he can, he's worthy number one.

Edited by dudacek

13 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Toews, Kesler, O'Reilly, Bergeron...any reason why Beniers can't have an NHL career like those guys.

If he can, he's worthy number one.

So Toews actually played college in his draft year. He had 39pts in 42 games. He was on a similarly stacked team as Beniers with future nhl players Zajac, Oshie, Stafford. Can he be Toews, yes. Will he be, idk because Toews spent a decade as a top 2way center in the league. 

Edited by LGR4GM

40 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Last year KA made a mildly surprising pick in Quinn. So I don't think that social pressure is going to be much of a factor. I prefer Power but if the selection is Beniers that would also be a worthy pick. If a deal is made for Zegras or Dach in a Jack trade it might make even more sense to draft Power. Whatever the Sarbres decide to do they are going to have good options to choose from. 

This is why I think 3 OA is so appealing to Adams. If he could come away with Beniers and Power I think he would be thrilled.  That is why I think if he gets 3rd too then Beniers might be the 1st pick.  Make sure you get the guy Seattle is probably high on as well and role the dice they take someone else at 2 and Power drops to 3.  Beniers just fits Adams description of Sabres hockey to a tee.

That was a long read but I finished. Wheeler has some interesting insight on a couple guys but it's basically more of the same so nothing really crazy in there. 

His top 10 were:

1. Owen Power
  2. Kent Johnson
  3. Brandt Clarke
  4. Matthew Beniers
  5. William Eklund
  6. Dylan Guenther
  7. Luke Hughes
  8. Chaz Lucius
  9. Cole Sillinger
  10. Mason McTavish
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

One would hope but then again they drafted Quinn last year to the shock of many. 

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

One would hope but then again they drafted Quinn last year to the shock of many. 

In defense of Jack Quinn, he has heart, compete, is faster (I think he isn't elite but is above average for sure), and has the willingness to battle in the hard areas. 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

In defense of Jack Quinn, he has heart, compete, is faster (I think he isn't elite but is above average for sure), and has the willingness to battle in the hard areas. 

I know but like many I felt there were better players available at the time. Yet do give him credit for doing okay in Rochester last year. He might be better than give him credit for. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.