2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Most of the HS kids were from Culver and Shattucks-St Mary’s.  Toews, Stafford, KO, Crosby, Keller, MacKinnon, among many other played at Shattucks. Culver isn’t as deep, but Ryan Suter and Nik Dow’s played there.

And none of them played their draft year in HS. 

If anything the small staff will hurt the 2022 draft when the HS and other lesser leagues got skipped to focus on the higher leagues for this year. Scouts start tracking players anywhere from 2-4 years ahead of their drafts. Some guys even longer (Bedard). 

The Athletic’s Scott Wheeler has released a mock where he projects who he thinks teams will take, as opposed to who they should take.

I think how different it is from his own personal rankings points to the volatility of this draft.

This is his personal top 10

Power (1)

Johnson (9)

Clarke (8)

Beniers (2)

Eklund (6)

Guenther (3)

Hughes (4)

Lucius (10)

Sillinger (12)

McTavish (7)

This is his mock

Power (1)

Beniers (4)

Guenther (6)

Hughes (7)

Edvinsson (11)

Eklund (5)

McTavish (10)

Clarke (3)

Johnson (2)

Lucius (8)

• Thanks (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The Athletic’s Scott Wheeler has released a mock where he projects who he thinks teams will take, as opposed to who they should take.

I think how different it is from his own personal rankings points to the volatility of this draft.

This is his personal top 10

Power (1)

Johnson (9)

Clarke (8)

Beniers (2)

Eklund (6)

Guenther (3)

Hughes (4)

Lucius (10)

Sillinger (12)

McTavish (7)

This is his mock

Power (1)

Beniers (4)

Guenther (6)

Hughes (7)

Edvinsson (11)

Eklund (5)

McTavish (10)

Clarke (3)

Johnson (2)

Lucius (8)

Are the numbers ranks or where they are being picked?

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

So the Panthers just let their data guy go. He worked for Canucks Army years ago and is pretty smart, I might inquire about him if I am Buffalo. 

Friedman in his 31 thoughts mentioned a team informed a bunch of staff they were being let go, but also asked them to stay on for the draft. I wonder if it's Florida.

Either way, go get this guy.

Kent Johnson is outside my top 10. Skill is there sure but the small little things that make you actually good at hockey aren't. He just stick handles around the perimeter too much or goes inside and loses the puck. 

Edited by LGR4GM

28 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Friedman in his 31 thoughts mentioned a team informed a bunch of staff they were being let go, but also asked them to stay on for the draft. I wonder if it's Florida.

Either way, go get this guy.

Apparently if they are keeping people through the draft, this guy isn’t one of them.

I don’t necessarily think they need to get THIS guy, but they need to get a few SMART guys.  Whoever they are.

1 minute ago, Curt said:

Apparently if they are keeping people through the draft, this guy isn’t one of them.

I don’t necessarily think they need to get THIS guy, but they need to get a few SMART guys.  Whoever they are.

Well they asked people to stay for the draft, that doesn't mean they will.

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

So the Panthers just let their data guy go. He worked for Canucks Army years ago and is pretty smart, I might inquire about him if I am Buffalo. 

Vogl today talked about staff staying in place until the draft despite the old June 30 cut-off. This is evidence that is certainly not universal.

I guess this guy has no connection to Karmanos, but he is certainly the type we’ve been led to believe he and Adams are interested in adding.

Edited by dudacek

11 hours ago, WildCard said:

Please don't pick Power

Please don't pick Power

Please don't pick Power

Does this make your ideal pick low wattage?

4 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Please pick Power

Please pick Power

Please pick Power

Please pick Power

Which one?  Force*Velocity or Voltage*Current?

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

They still haven’t talked to Power yet.

B8A6358C-F116-49BE-A66B-C81CC4B2D0EB.jpeg

To quote Arte Johnson, "very interesting."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

This is confusing... how haven't you interviewed him yet? This is like when they didn't interview Arthur Kaliyev, it was just poor decisions. 

To be fair, the draft is over 3 weeks away.  The draft combine, where most interviews would normally happen, is usually about 3 weeks before the draft.

I don’t want to skewer them for something they might be doing this week or next week, which is fine, but if they never interview him, then yeah, that seems neglectful.

One thing in here is that he doesn't have "breakaway speed" and that doesn't worry me at all because he played NCAA hockey at 174lbs and 6'1"... he simply hasn't gained the leg strength yet and I think he'll have a higher gear as he matures. 

Usually they talk to players at the draft combine.  No Draft combine so they will set up a time closer to the draft.  Adams has had some stuff on his plate.  They might not have talked to any players yet. Might set those up in the next few weeks.

I don’t think it is as telling as some people who don’t want Power to be the pick hope it is.

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Usually they talk to players at the draft combine.  No Draft combine so they will set up a time closer to the draft.  Adams has had some stuff on his plate.  They might not have talked to any players yet. Might set those up in the next few weeks.

I don’t think it is as telling as some people who don’t want Power to be the pick hope it is.

What will you do if Power is not the pick?

Just now, LGR4GM said:

What will you do if Power is not the pick?

Not have a temper tantrum like most on here will do if their guy isn’t the pick. There are options at the top of the draft and they may have multiple picks.  The only guy right now that would set me off if Edvinsson because his hockey sense scares me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.