2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

35 minutes ago, 7Fun6 said:

I feel like Beniers and McTavish would give a tremendous boost to the culture of the team. If the Sabres end up with picks 1,3, and 9, I'd be stoked if they go Beniers, Eklund, McTavish.    

First, welcome. Second from what I have seen the u18 tournament really upped his view among scouts. I think because he can be a center and has size, teams will be eager to pick him. I'd love us to land Beniers, Eklund, and McTavish though. That would change a lot of things for this franchise. 

He might go as high as 5... which brings me to below.

16 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

McTavish will be gone top 5.

I think he could. Since this draft is such a crapshoot he could also go 10th but Columbus I think is the most likely landing spot for him if Beniers is gone. 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, 7Fun6 said:

I feel like Beniers and McTavish would give a tremendous boost to the culture of the team. If the Sabres end up with picks 1,3, and 9, I'd be stoked if they go Beniers, Eklund, McTavish.    

Welcome to the board.

• Like (+1) 1

1. Guenther

3. William Eklund

MNeE7.jpg

9 minutes ago, Curt said:

Why would they?  The Sabres don’t own or run the radio station.

I say this, but there could be loose affiliation between the station and Sabres.

It seems kind of fluffy when that Peters comes on then I would bash the whole organization but they get fired 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I’m still hoping Power isn’t their guy, they trade out of first overall, pick up additional assets and grab their guys wherever they land.  

I don't think buffalo is going to play that game  And get criticized everywhere they will go save and take the average power 

18 minutes ago, 7Fun6 said:

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!

But yeah, looks like a lot of mocks have McTavish going at 5. Bummer.

What's everyone's thoughts on the two goalies? 

Welcome!! 🍺

I think the Sabres need 1 goalie for sure and maybe two if Linus has had enough ... 😉

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, 7Fun6 said:

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!

But yeah, looks like a lot of mocks have McTavish going at 5. Bummer.

What's everyone's thoughts on the two goalies? 

I worry about Cossa because he was on a stacked team. I think Wallstedt is going to be really good. 

• Like (+1) 1

Three weeks to go! Time for the prospects by name for 2021. The order is from some sort of prospect list and has no bearing on my preference. Except Power, which is the clear favorite for names. Bonus picks included as we could have multiple firsts.

Owen Power – Uncle Owen had better have that crease cleared by midday or there'll be hell to pay. Unnnnlimmitted Power! This one speaks for itself and is clearly the best name available for 'Ebriate purposes.

Mason McTavish – Moff Tavish is a regional governor in the Galactic Empire. Somewhere Mid Rim. He could become a Grand Moff if he plays his cards right.

Kent Johnson – Nope. Too old! boring to be drafted Star Warsy.

Luke Hughes – Luke! Luuuuke! Hughes! Huuuughes! Be sure your defenseman speaks Bocci. Not enough Us to threaten Luukkonen.

Dylan Guenther – Rebel officer. He wears a vest with a little insignia/rank plate.

Matthew Beniers – Jedi. …. I don’t know anyone named Matty, but Young Beniers lives in both zones of the ice sea. He’s kind of a strange two-way hermit.

Brandt Clarke – Is the E silent? Yes? Imperial officer. Probably serving on an Imperial Star Destroyer.

William Eklund – Bounty hunter. Eklund wears a cape. Lots of hidden weapons.

Simon Edvinsson – Junior member of the Galactic Senate. Someday he’ll be a character whose talent and importance is never really appreciated.

Jesper Wallstedt – What is a Wallstedt? A cup? A ship? A speeder? I sense a ship. The Wallstedt. A Rebel ship.

Aatu Räty – Ithorian. Denizen of a cantina/cantina-adjacent locale. Has all the latest off-world rumors.

Sebastian Cossa – Mercenary/pirate. Seems like he’d know Hondo.

Carson Lambos – Lambos is not a system. He’s a man. Card player, gambler, scoundrel. You’d like him.

Fabian Lysell – On the other hand, Lysell is a system, not a man.

Chaz Lucius – An alias. “Chaz! Chaz Lu… ci…us” is the kind of name an 'Ebriate would fabricate by reading nearby signs in an attempt to deceive our plucky protagonists.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I put out a video on my draft process. I was hoping to avoid google, so I went with the public option at patreon. Turns out I had to post it on Vimeo anyway. https://www.patreon.com/joecochrane    or 

If you'd rather just see the list rather than hear about the process for 20 minutes:

Guenther,Power,Beniers,Eklund,Edvinsson,McTavish

picks for 33, still thinking about the order, it'll be some arrangement of these 5 I think.

Anton Olsson, Olen Zellweger, Conner Roulette, Brett Harrison, Sasha Pastujov

I'm not sure I'll put out another video with the rest of the draft board, it's not very ... watchable?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

NRD, a rather legit source on Twitter, also agreed with Chad and Lance. Said the Sabres will walk away with Eklund after the draft. He also added if we end up with another Top 5 pick it would be assured and that would line up with the 3 listed.

If we end up with 1&3 I could easily see them then taking Eklund 1OA and then choosing between Power and Hughes If Seattle takes Beniers. 

For instance, even if they rank them

1. Power

2. Eklund

3. Hughes

Depending on their separation, Taking Eklund makes sense since it assures them 2 of the 3 while also assuring we have 1 F and 1 D 

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

NRD, a rather legit source on Twitter, also agreed with Chad and Lance. Said the Sabres will walk away with Eklund after the draft. He also added if we end up with another Top 5 pick it would be assured and that would line up with the 3 listed.

If we end up with 1&3 I could easily see them then taking Eklund 1OA and then choosing between Power and Hughes If Seattle takes Beniers. 

1. Power

2. Eklund

3. Hughes

Depending on their separation, Taking Eklund makes sense since it assures them 2 of the 3 while also assuring we have 1 F and 1 D 

I think Beniers is in the mix too. He is a poster child for what Adams wants the Sabres to be.

10 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

1. Power

2. Eklund

3. Hughes

As long as we don’t come away with 2 D, even if we get 3 picks 

With Eklund being a projected winger, the Quinn pick looks even worse in hindsight as we are about to trade our 2 best centres, and (apparently) pick 2 wingers with KAs first two 1st round picks at 1 and 8 overall. 

It would be weird to come away with something like (just spitballing):

Eichel for Hughes, Comtois, prospect, cap dump 

Reinhart for Tkachuk 

and KA’s 1st/2nd last year and 1st overall this year exchanged for 3 wingers. 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.