2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

I really tried and thought about Edvinsson in the top 20 and even top 15 but I couldn't do it. The skill is there and it exists but I am a firm believer that guys who don't process the game at a high end cannot learn to do it. You are either already plotting your next move instinctually or you simply are wired to think that way. Edvinsson for me is going to fall in the 21-25 range and I don't feel bad about it. I would rather take Zellweger who is 6 inches shorter than take Edvinsson who I don't think will ever really put it all together mentally to make his package work. I don't want a defender that is 1/3 great. 1/3 atrocious. and 1/3 average. 

17 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Who cares? Not sure what, if anything, it has to do with being a good defenseman.

What does skating, puck handling or hockey IQ have to do with being a good defenseman?

If you think that the answer is “Nothing”, I don’t trust your player analysis.

Just now, Curt said:

What does skating, puck handling or hockey IQ have to do with being a good defenseman?

Thankfully Power has been commended for his skating and hockey IQ on a consistent basis.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Thankfully Power has been commended for his skating and hockey IQ on a consistent basis.

Didn’t say that he hasn’t.  I was just surprised to see someone doubt that those things relate to being a good defenseman.

23 minutes ago, Curt said:

Oh, brother. Yes, that's what I'm saying.

When compared to doodlebug forwards, no D is ever going to crack that list (as I can't see the article, I don't know if any did.) How many times would Chara or Hedman make a list of puck handling skaters.

Edited by SwampD

I am very curious to see who Buffalo will draft.  A segment of people will be upset with whoever the pick is.  This is the first time that there is legitimate doubt and debate about who should and will be picked at #1 or #2.

I would encourage everyone to remain calm and civil.  Our battle isn’t with each other.  None of us has any control over the situation, and it’s ok to disagree.  Please don’t call each other names for having a different opinion about which teenage hockey player will grow up to be the best player.  It’s a rather silly thing to get seriously upset about.

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Oh, brother. Yes, that's what I'm saying.

When compared to doodlebug forwards, no D is ever going to crack that list (as I can't see the article, I don't know if any did.) How many times would Chara or Hedman make a list of puck handling skaters.

Ok.  I disagree with you.  Stickhandling, yes, not many D will be cracking that list, though it’s still an important thing for defensemen.  However, skating and hockey IQ are  extremely important qualities for a defenseman, and areas where they should be able to equal their forward counterparts.

I can’t see the list either.

5 minutes ago, Curt said:

Ok.  I disagree with you.  Stickhandling, yes, not many D will be cracking that list, though it’s still an important thing for defensemen.  However, skating and hockey IQ are  extremely important qualities for a defenseman, and areas where they should be able to equal their forward counterparts.

I can’t see the list either.

Hockey IQ, obviously, but,... Risto is a good skater.

8 minutes ago, Curt said:

Skating is a very important quality for a defenseman.  I’m surprised that you don’t think so.

Yes, Risto is a good skater, especially for his size.

I'm not arguing if I think it is important. I'm arguing that I people rank these things very differently, especially when it comes to defensmen and bigger skaters. They don't make lists and doodlebugs do. Remember, it was Skinner and Goodrow in the AS skills final. I wouldn't want either one playing D.

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Holy ***** we're arguing over if skating matters?

You're awfully defensive

Settle down. See what having an agenda leads to.

36 minutes ago, Curt said:

I am very curious to see who Buffalo will draft.  A segment of people will be upset with whoever the pick is.  This is the first time that there is legitimate doubt and debate about who should and will be picked at #1 or #2.

I would encourage everyone to remain calm and civil.  Our battle isn’t with each other.  None of us has any control over the situation, and it’s ok to disagree.  Please don’t call each other names for having a different opinion about which teenage hockey player will grow up to be the best player.  It’s a rather silly thing to get seriously upset about.

I disagree

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.